Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Argevollen I somehow made it to episode 19 before I realized that I didn't give even the slightest of shits about the characters or the plot.

Aldnoah.Zero Its merits generally outweighed its faults until that last episode (i know it's split cour) man that last episode. :cripes:

The thread rules mean I can't actually vote for Cross Ange or Mahouka. Which would be a shame if it wasn't an immense relief.

I didn't watch any other bad shows, and you can't prove otherwise! :colbert:

:cripes: Akame ga Kill :cripes:

I would vote Flag anime except I'm not entirely unconvinced it wasn't some sort of really elaborate psychology experiment being conducted upon the audience.

Akame ga Kill is one of the few anime-original endings that doesn't suck balls (and timed it right at the point where the manga nosedives in quality, from what I hear), it's automatically excluded from any "worst anime" talk. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Uh no dude it's loving terrible.

I mean, if goofy, ultraviolent action stuff isn't your thing it isn't your thing, but it was pretty nicely animated/choreographed for the most part, the VAs never got on my nerves, and while the plot was never really much more than a fight delivery mechanism, it did its job. Also it has one of the best gay characters in anime history and plays the gay panic jokes as "ha ha look at the stupid closed-minded shithead" rather than "ha ha look at the big gay butt-lover," which was pretty refreshing. :shobon:

laplace posted:

Also, I just want to say that Parasyte: The Maxim is loving awful, ugly, and ruins an otherwise really great manga. gently caress that show.

oh I'm sorry I didn't know this was mirror-universe ADTRW, how are things under the Fourth Reich? does my mirror counterpart have a rad goatee

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I think it's loads better than the manga in every way, so to each his own. I understand where you're coming from, though.

I also think this is a really weird opinion, the anime is basically 1:1 with the manga so far. It's like Monster; neither version is really better because they're barely even different.

e:

Uznare posted:

This alone proves you don't know what you're talking about. The first episode is the best looking one by far. It had the god drat character designer as the animation director so everything stayed on model. Not to mention an all star animation team (spoilers it's not madhouse people because everyone jumped ship when Mappa was formed). It's been pretty bad with regards to staying on model afterwards. The redesigned characters are much much better than the old manga art and obviously modernize the show because it's a 20+ year old manga.

e: I must point out that I actually like the show but it doesn't change the fact that it's looked like rear end since episode 2.

It hasn't really jumped out to me as bad-looking, but it's also not fresh in my mind because of the break, and (as you're probably going to bring up) I'm not exactly an animation nerd. Do you have any gifs handy to illustrate?

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 23, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah, I guess that's fair, then. Now that you mention it I have kind of noticed minor little design changes between episodes, like that random one where Shinichi looked like Emiya Kiritsugu for whatever reason, which I guess is inherently an animation flaw even if it doesn't actually look bad to me.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Uhhh yeah she was the badguy and was out to annoy and needle the protagonist. You're a real moron. It's like complaining about Iago the Parrots voice in Aladdin

The parrot from Aladdin also didn't have nearly as much screen time.

• Locked thread