Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
3)Sailor Moon Crystal : I hated the new art style. The 3D was pretty jarring but it was only used during the transformation scenes, I think, so I could ignore those. However, there was too much off model stuff for me to tolerate. Also, I don't think the beginning of the story is the strongest so it made it less easy to sit through. Factor in the fact that they made it bi weekly for some reason (wasn't for quality control, that's for sure) and it was a recipe for disaster. They way this whole thing was handled astounds me to this day.

2)Nisekoi - I don't know how I got to episode 19 with this series. I hate how boring the main character is. I hate the set up. I hate how boring the main love interest is. But my god is the animation and art direction fantastic. Also the main love interest's best friend was amusing as she seemed to be the only one in the entire cast who wanted to see the plot move forward. I finally decided to drop it when a magnificently beautiful scene crafted by talented animators occurs in which some dumb plot contrivance happens (key breaks in locket) so the series can keep going. Not go forward, mind you. Just to keep going. And it keeps going in the manga. For 100+ chapters. Never forward. What a waste.

nisekoi.jpg

1)Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (Wolf Girl and Black Prince) - Holy poo poo. Wow. Umm... this was bad. Where to begin. I was in the mood to watch another shojo type show after marathoning 'Kimi ni Todoke' when I saw this on Crunchyroll. I read the plot synopsis and thought it might be some harmless pulp I can amuse myself with. Just gonna post the plot synopsis

Crunchyroll posted:

While the proud Erika boasts to her friends about being lovey-dovey with her boyfriend, she has never really had one for 16 years. Feeling the limits of lying, she took a picture of a cool guy she found in town and showed it to her friends as her boyfriend. But the person in the picture happens to be Sata Kyouya who is in the same grade in their school. While she was able to explain the situation and convince him to act like his boyfriend, he was not the nice looking boy she thought he would be: he was a super sadistic schemer! Thus begins Erika's life blackmailed into being Sata's dog.
What the gently caress was I thinking?! How could I be so naive?! The amount of emotional abuse this girl goes through is disturbing. Dude objectifies her, refers to her as his toy, constantly calls her names, when he finds that she now has feelings for him he leads her on only to crush her hopes leaving her in tears. AND SHE KEEPS COMING BACK FOR MORE!!! Then in the middle of the series, they become a "couple". Dropped it afterwards. This is either a case study of Stockholm Syndrome, or it has one of the worst female leads in a show ever.

I haven't watched Cross Ange or Mahouka but I doubt they'd top the poo poo that is Wolf Girl. I had to read "Oremonogatri!!" just so I could find joy in living again. Everyone, just read "Oremonogatri!!" A few of the volumes are available in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

laplace posted:

Also, I just want to say that Parasyte: The Maxim is loving awful, ugly, and ruins an otherwise really great manga. gently caress that show.

Hey. The intro only lasts a minute thirty. Calm down buddy.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Srice posted:

It's hosed up as hell man, but that's the world we live in and we gotta deal with it.

We can't deal with it. That's why we watch anime.

Noooooooo

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

World Eight posted:

Now to go watch every show that has been mentioned in this thread so far. :suicide:

Hey now, let's not do anything hasty. You don't need to watch Wolf Girl at all.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I am watching LOTGH right now. It is wonderful. Everyone should watch it.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Darth Walrus posted:

Watch Gundam SEED and then tell me that's not a reasonable reaction.

Mentioning SEED is my trigger.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

A prank I used to do at parties when Strike Witches was on netflix (maybe it still is idk) was to turn on someones netflix and put on strike witches when no one was looking and then act really outraged and confused like "What the hell, Dan? You watch this stuff? Come on dude... this is sick. Why'd you put this on"

Oh man that's hilarious.

I'm never inviting you over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
This chat is reminding about an anime about a romance where two people in the middle of falling in love find out they're siblings. I've only heard of it but now I'm wondering which is worse? Look what you've done to me, thread. I hope you're happy.

Can't wait to go home and marathon LOGH so I can forget about everything but space operas.

• Locked thread