Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

to really be able to properly vote you need to watch 3 episodes of every 2014 anime imo

yes hello
Cross Ange is bad in a 'heres some good robots and dragons' with an overwhelming dose of 'lets see how edgy we can be before we lose funding' and they seem to still be getting funded. Don't be like me.
Dramatical Murder and Sailor Moon Crystal tie for most garbage animation/everything.
Glasslip and Wizard Barristers tie for most wasted potential though.

RWBY isnt an anime and Knights of Sidonia was awesome. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I retract my vote for Cross Ange since the twist in the latest episode, this may be the most late eighties anime this decade.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Davincie posted:

cool history fact: after the japanese trounced the russians in the russo-japanese war the european nations send observers to japan to figure out their secrets. some of these grown military men ended up attending japanese high schools (or the equivalent of that time period), living the japanese high school life to figure out their secret. a good premise for an anime imo

I would watch this too.

The twist in cross ange is that all the norma turn into dragons under specific circumstances. We think that they're going to stick with the positive exposure of their friend coming back as a dragon and then turning back into a human but instead we run from there to a mass grave the shop keeper is lighting on fire. Like I said, the idea is to take something that is by the numbers and crank everything up to see just what people are willing to put up with. Also there are not one, not two, but three organized groups that know more than the rest of the world and are taking part in destroying it. It's an 80s anime pushed way too far at every point, the only male soldier faceplants in Ange's chest/crotch at least a dozen times in his main episode and his backstory is never explained.

It is so bad, apparently it's doing well enough. These are the people you're watching cartoons with, people that pay for iron fisting.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Endorph posted:

Basically, wait until Volume 2 sales come in before declaring anime dead and Cross Ange a massive success.

Cross Ange becomes the next Bleach and just runs forever for no goddamn reason.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Endorph posted:

sodomy hipster

I was into iron fisting before it was in the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Paracelsus posted:

Sounds like Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

I don't know if iron fisting actually happened in Tetsuo though, I know there was a terrifying drill penis but I'm pretty sure that was the extent of insertables in that film.

• Locked thread