Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i enjoy every anime show that i watch

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

That first episode was the low point of the show, it honestly kept getting better and better (except for the fanservice episode. That was dumb). You apparently missed the joke of the episode. The entire point is that the protagonists (who are the villains) created an anti-smoking committee who enforced Nazi-like oppression against the smokers. Including having mobs dressed in uniforms. When the smokers take a stand against their oppressors, the "good guys" nuke both sides with an anti-soul bomb. The protagonists get away, and the smokers survive, showing that they have no souls and that the protagonists' petulant, misguided, over-the-top crusade to marginalize a group of people was completely justified in the setting. They learned nothing and smoking becomes an active plot point in the show. You know that Jimon's dad is a dick because he smokes a cigar and in the final battle he chain smokes cigars to power-up. His giant robot also has a cigar in its mouth all the time. It's the typical "take a premise and run it into absurdity" type of comedy, with a lot of dark humor as well.

The 8-year old thing is a fair point, unfortunately. It's the main reason I can't recommend the show to others.

are the DVDs for this show uncensored?

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

if murano has red hair then im color blind or something.

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

13:30 - far shot of satsuki hanging in the cage
13:34 - shot of satsuki’s feet, ragged and hanging, Ragyo laughing. Panning up to Satsuki’s face until 13:43, without pausing to stare at her boobs like so many other animes
13:43 - close-up of Satsuki’s face (look of rage at 13:53)
13:54 - Looking at Ragyo talking to Satsuki
13:58 - medium-far shot of Satsuki, her body is darkened rather than well-lit. Ragyo gloating
14:11 - beginning of bad touch scene. The lighting of Ragyo is bright, the lighting on Satsuki is dark, guiding the eye to Ragyo, not Satsuki.
14:21 - Four second butt shot
14:25 - Close-up of a look of rage on Satsuki’s face
14:29 - Close-up of Ragyo’s face. Gloating.
14:36 - shot panning downwards from above Satuki’s face to her face. Seven seconds. No cleavage.
14:43 to 15:39 - Backstory.
15:40 - Far panning shot of cage.
15:56 - Butt slap.
15:57 - Shot of Ragyo and Satsuki’s face. This time, the lighting is on Satsuki.
16:03 - Closeup of Satsuki’s face into a close-up of Ragyo’s face. Still enraged / still gloating
16:09 - Shot of Satsuki’s legs from halfway down her thighs and panning downwards.
16:17 - Backwards shot of a bad touch sweeping down from Satsuki’s chest down to her behind.
16:28 - From Satsuki’s face into Ragyo’s face.
16:36 - Butt slap.
16:37 - Far shot of cage. Dark. More butt slaps and Ragyo emphasizing how much she wants Satsuki to hate her.
16:40 - Close up of faces. Butt slaps continue.
16:44 - Satsuki’s face, still mad. Still slapping. Maniacal laughter from Ragyo.
16:51 - End of the scene.

Let's recap -
lots of exposition
no lingering on boobs
lighting that deliberately de-emphasized Satsuki's body
lots of focus on the faces
fostering Satsuki's anger made a part of the conversation deliberately

If you think they spent a bunch of time on Satsuki's body you were paying attention to the wrong loving thing and you're using disgust to justify voyeurism. The scene wasn't fanservice. God drat.

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

it is always amazing. secret santa if you are out there, please make a cross stitch of this and mail it to me

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

WickedHate posted:

I'm not a guy.

hello. how are you doing?

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

I watched Kids on the Slope this year and it was pretty good. If I could put it on my list I would, even if it did have a really stupid and offensive god drat plot point that it used twice.

Hurr Durr I am afraid of commitment and am confused by all my teenage emotions so I am going to act like I'm going to rape you to drive you away. I wonder if that poo poo happened all the time in 60's Japan jazz culture?

gently caress off troll

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Everyone meet behind the caf after school, Jeremy said he can go Super Saiyan for real and he's going to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U353fi-RC-A

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

heck id be remiss if i didnt say that i have had thoughts of getting kissed all over by the girls from kill la kill

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

turboraton posted:

Hey there guys I'm a peruvian goon lurkin on the anime forums. First I would like to thank this place because I learned about Ping Pong because of you. It was a beautiful show that I rewatched 4 times already first with my friends (who are not into anime but into ping pong / sports) then with my gf and lastly with my family. The story is just fantastic, Peru and South America in general isn't big on Ping Pong but I can AND relate to one of the ending scenes where a baby is holding a racket while playing with his parents. That stuff happens a lot with soccer balls around here, I never imagined an anime could convey that beautiful message without being, let's be honest here, creepy.

That brings me to KlK and pretty much all the weird stuff you are listing here. I remember posting on the KlK thread because I thought it was way too much for me. Who knows, perhaps I'm too laidback and/or old but I just found it too creepy and well, shameful. Like, if I had to watch the series with ANYONE I would just feel dumb and just embarrassed . That being said, I stopped watching it after I heard the very good theme of the band girl and turns out later in the show a girl gets fingered by her mom. Oh well, now as for the reason of why I'm posting all of this boring crap. I keep hearing over and over about this LOGH series who is supposed to be very good. I don't mind long series or niche stories. I just wanted to know if there is a sub in particular I should look for. On cult series the translation IS very important (rewatching The Wire once I improved my english skills and I stopped using the dubs was SUCH an experience for me). Also, happy new year ADTRW!

hello and welcome to the anime forums

----------------

• Locked thread