Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah make it a separate category like "most infamous anime of the year"
That would definitely be a discussion generator.

Having a general bad anime/opinions topic for discussions would be nice, in theory. But people would get mad and it'd get closed really quick.

As for my votes I try to avoid bad anime if I can help it so all I can throw my hat in for is Kill la Kill. Despite the costumes I didn't actually hate the first ten or eleven episodes, and if they'd left it at that arc I'd probably have left the series with an "okay" and maybe recommended it to the same kind of people who absolutely love Gurren Lagann. But then the rest of the series happened and what little plot there was fell apart, every character gimmick got amplified to an even more obnoxious degree and one of the most obnoxious characters I've ever seen in a cartoon shows up and doesn't go away until the ending.

Oh and it got really weird when that lady molested her daughter. I could have lived without that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, Nui is probably the first cartoon character in memory to make me legit mad. Just everything about her, from the out of place animation to the voice and plots around her annoyed me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Congratulations, you got suckered

How? Was it that she was supposed to be really annoying and unpleasent? Because if so, intentionally making something awful possibly makes it even worse than accidentally making a bad thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Uhhh yeah she was the badguy and was out to annoy and needle the protagonist. You're a real moron. It's like complaining about Iago the Parrots voice in Aladdin

You take that back, Gilbert Gottfried has a beautiful voice.

• Locked thread