Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So... we're doing this. Okay, I'll give it a shot:

Shows That I actually finished:
  • Kill la Kill: This one is more disappointing than actively bad, though. It breaks my heart because both the cast was really good (Ryoka Yuzuki as Satsuki was a loving revelation, Aya Suzaki as Mako was super fun and the Elite Four were loving amazing) and Imaishi's previous directorial works are amongst my favorite animes of the past decade. Here's hoping that Trigger gets back up and running (Inou Battle is okay, but nothing to write home about).
  • Psycho-Pass II: Another disappointment. I seriously hope that Mika doesn't play that big a role in the movie, because holy crap, was she an active annoyance to endure. The show, overall, just wasn't as strong as the first season and I honestly wish that they would have waited for Urobuchi to be done with Kamen Rider Gaim (even though that was cool as can be).

Nope. gently caress these shows (Most of these never got beyond the 3 episode test)
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: As most of the regulars (heh) of the Mahouka thread probably know and got tired of reading about already, I actually got familiar with this dreck thanks to a Japanese fellow who also got me the Gundam Unicorn Novels (I noticed that the OVA's have yet to be included both here and in the Best of thread, and now it's officially complete) also recommending me the books that encompass the first 2 arcs. I'm actually thankful that I got to read these novels, because it made me stop that sunk-costs idiocy that I did with a lot of my entertainment and now I can finally stop doing dumb poo poo like getting into a show and staying with it until the end despite actively disliking it. Off the anime I only watched the first four episodes, which were mind-numbingly boring and I agree with Cao Ni Ma: If you're going to have Taku motherfucking Iwasaki doing the music, you better make it count. gently caress this show.
  • Persona 4 Golden: This was actively bad. The 2 episodes that sort-of focused on Adachi were mostly okay, but pretty much everything else was garbage. Not even recommended if you're a hardcore Persona/SMT fan.
  • No Game, No Life: Somebody mentioned on the best-of thread that this was like Kaiji with panty-shots. Kaiji has moxie, swagger and pluck. This poo poo was so by the numbers that I'm not sure I can even include it on my list, since I didn't get through the 3rd episode completely.
  • Nourin: Another "Like x, but with panty shots". I heard that, since the setting was an agricultural school, that I would watch a Moyashimon-esque show. Nope. Sorry. More loving fanservice.

Haven't seen beyond one episode of Cross Ange (I know it's not on the list, but still) or the Kindaichi show. Is it safe to assume that they're both still garbage?

e: vvvv Agreed. Despite all the lovely anime still being rolled-out on schedule, there have been a lot of strong shows both in 2013 and 2014. Also, I still can't get over the fact that the Shinji in your picture has retardedly big gym-instructor arms. :xd: vvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Wark Say, No Game No Life was not counted in your votes as you stated you'd only seen 2 episodes (plus if I'd included it you'd have voted for 6 things).

Hope you're happy, Namtab! I actually went ahead and watched episodes 3 and 4 of this poo poo-shower. You can take my vote off from P4 Golden, because the dipshits behind this show actually thought that Jojo references count as redeeming qualities. Guess the screenwriter for this drivel went ahead and checked off a bunch of things using the Japanese equivalent for TV Tropes.

gently caress this show. Also, you're a jerk.

e: vvv 13-year old me would have been all over that challenge, I'm sure! :xd: vvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 24, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, poo poo! This thread suddenly got interesting! Now here's a quick question I'm hoping somebody who has worked for Crunchyroll, Hulu or Daisuki might answer: If we can agree that Mahouka was a huge turd, why the gently caress did those gel-haired deep thinkers here at my company's licensing department thought it'd be a good idea that we got it as part of our catalogue on a good chunk of our regions?

Then again, they also got the streaming rights for Gintama down here in México, so maybe only a few of them are as dumb as a bag of bricks.

KLK would have been more interesting if it had taken a different Main Character as the focus. And, obviously, less than cringe-worthy. :cripes:

e: vvvv I just hope we can avoid what happened with the Tobias Funky recommendations. Vvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 27, 2014

• Locked thread