Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DRAMAtical Murder: The best episode was the one where the animation studio submitted the rough draft to be aired on TV. Idek why I bother with VN --> anime adaptations. LQ animation and strange pacing issues.

Log Horizon: It made me dislike MMOs in anime. It was supposed to be a "smarter" show than SAO but I can't say if it succeeded or not because I went to sleep after the intro. I don't think the animation stood out to me other than wow JRPGs sure love sub-menus. It's not the LN format itself but it made me realize how fetch quests are boring in-game and in anime too.

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (Wolf Girl and Black Prince): Started with Low expectations and even then it was a disappointing exp. I still miss shoujo but not the bad examples of HS relationships. Animation quality started declining right away and even famous VAs couldn't save it then.

Samurai Flamenco: I tried because I like superhero shows but too cringe-worthy in the second half with the new team members and plot elements. The first few episodes were fun then no idea wtf happened with the writing direction. Animation wasn't really impressive with more than avg scenes with characters looking awkward for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Allarion posted:

Samurai Flamenco is just a very schizophrenic show. Obviously, it's basically a tribute to tokusatsu shows as it basically runs through the genre, but that whiplash when it jumps from realistic logic to kamen rider logic to super sentai logic then back to realistic logic still bothers the hell outta me. Not the worst show, but not one I'd be quick to recommend. Had a decent twist with the police dude though.

What bothered me the most is how the beginning had a lot of potential but then S2 happened then it just fell apart. I'd forgive it if had a bad beginning, ok middle, and bad ending since 95% of anime series have poorly written finale.

I trusted you anime :cripes:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Unlike most anime, Samurai Flamenco actually had a really good ending.

It's difficult for me to say as I gave up after the sudden change in story style midway. MMMV.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rangpur posted:

The worst anime of 2014 was Mahouka. There were anime with worse, more offensive premises ("help a ghost cocktease your brother or your soul will be sucked into hell!" --the pitch meeting for Recently My Sister is Unusual), and there were anime with worse animation, more's the loving pity. But man, that show combined ironclad plot armor for the male lead of the kind you never saw outside fanfiction.net before AND a spiraling hell descent into the author's Id and that of his depressingly massive fanbase.

It doesn't get 'Worst Anime' of the year when Mahouka exists but it's probably an even bigger trainwreck. Somehow.

IIRC it was written by salaryman as a light novel series? It doesn't excuse the terrible themes/ideas but I think it provides greater background story on it's origin and influences. I clicked through it as I thought the summary sounded boring and the art bland as hell.

• Locked thread