Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mad Lupine posted:

nisekoi.jpg
Please tell me this is a photoshop

Or at most just some easter egg cameo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
nooooo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
All in all, Kill La Kill was good as a spectacle. As a quality product though, you're never going to get everyone to agree whether it was king corn on poo poo mountain or the anime savior.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Armor-Piercing posted:

I didn't bother finishing Twintails or Gugure. They were both pretty mediocre.

The right one's pants have vanished and her left eye is attempting to escape her face

the finest animation quality

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WORD? WORD

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Please reveal to me how many people in this thread haven't watched Kids on the Slope but have watched the really bad shows everyone is posting about
The number of people who have not actually watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes is more distressing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yes, clearly everyone should watch a long, detailed, niche space opera. Anyone who doesn't want to deal with that is just uncultured and not worthy of anime.

Well uh, yeah. LOTGH is The Wire of anime. What are you, an idiot?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm very stupid, but yea The Wire is actually very easy to appreciate when compared to a deliberately niche and indulgent show like LOGH. I actually do think the show is super cool, but the recommend LOGH constantly thing is best when it's kind of a joke.
Weird that you say it's "deliberately niche and indulgent" when every single person who has watched it barring one, who eventually got banned from SA for being a literal pedophile I believe, wholeheartedly loved it and was able to get into it. I don't think those words you're using mean what you think they mean.

Like there's a dude in GBS who just got into anime recently and just started on LotGH, and he's falling in love with it right off the bat. It's really not a stretch to say Legend of the Galactic Heroes is one of the best TV shows of all time, and calling it "niche" is disingenuous. The only reason it's not been localized in the US is because the holding company for the rights wants an INSANE amount of money for it, not because nobody has tried to localize it. Unless you're saying "all anime is niche", in which case...not really?

What I'm saying is you have to be literal human trash to not like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the above anecdote is proof, you see

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 28, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

now, im not saying not liking logh makes you a pedophile, but if you just look at the facts...
Occam's Razor, clearly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

also galactic heroes isn't really niche because of its content, its niche because it's like 150 episodes long

who has time for that poo poo besides hardcore anime nerds
The series ends at the perfect length and is engaging the whole way through. I guess if you're a brainless ADHD baby whose attention flits from thing to thing every two minutes it might be hard for you, and for that you have my pity!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nonsense. I don't see any rubber forehead aliens in LOGH, how is it in any way Star Trek?

pointless bickering about LOGH is still infinitely better than pointless bickering about KLK

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

If I have a daughter I'm going to let her watch Utena first
If I have a daughter I'm going to let her watch LOTGH first

We can then put them in a pen and have them duke it out and see which one is the superior anime-bred child

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Uhhh, well a little kid would probably get bored and not watch that show so...
I will breed nothing but the most articulate child geniuses. You'll breed reckless drivers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A prank I used to do at parties when Strike Witches was on netflix (maybe it still is idk) was to turn on someones netflix and put on strike witches when no one was looking and then act really outraged and confused like "What the hell, Dan? You watch this stuff? Come on dude... this is sick. Why'd you put this on"
I too like to trick people into thinking my friend's a pedophile

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Genocyber posted:

His dad works in the Nintendo Special Forces, Nintendo's military branch.

The government ops they don't want you to know about

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

point of return posted:

People get really upset when you say good/bad things about Kill la Kill.

Kill la Kill had good music, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhxxzUNZi-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_oyxqId7ps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOt0tW26hRY

Before My Body Is Dry has pretty great engrish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo0EhDhpBE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

coathat posted:

I freakin love it.

freakin love posting about ANIME PIRACY more like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, Nui is probably the first cartoon character in memory to make me legit mad. Just everything about her, from the out of place animation to the voice and plots around her annoyed me.
Congratulations, you got suckered

• Locked thread