Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Worst Middle East Cartoon

At the time that was posted, I think the Israeli casualties were still in the single digits while Palestine already had a death toll in the hundreds.

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon

There's too many to count here, and the cartoon I posted is hardly the only one of its type. But I had to choose the white fucker who not only co-opted a black leader to tell black people to stop being uppity, but also had the balls to appropriate one of his quotes to do so in a lovely attempt to elevate his cartoon above the other "MLK sez you blacks need to shut up about this." cartoons.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon

Not only is it barely a cartoon in that it's basically :words:, but what little was drawn is done so in a horrible fashion. Then, to top it off, the actual bulk of the cartoon is one of the weirdest and most pathetic ways any of the cartoonists have tried to spin the whole torture report.

Worst The Interview Cartoon

Hard to top blatant racism.

Worst cartoon about a tragedy

Worst caricature

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon

It doesn't even refer to a specific thing!

Worst Label

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon

Laziest cartoon

This wins over the OTHER "literally blank" cartoon did this year because jesus christ the balls it takes to hand your editor a blank sheet of paper twice in one year.

Most easily reinterpreted

Even flat-earthers know global warming is happening.

Overall worst political cartoon of the year

Best edit/parody
Gilganixon and Mister Beeg did a fun collaboration earlier this year, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It honestly seems quaint by comparison.
"I remember the good ol' days of when political cartoons at least had some plausible deniability about their racism."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gilganixon posted:

It should be fun if the cartoonists can keep up the tempo through to the primaries, hopefully a few of them will stroke out in the meantime.
Don't say this. Kirschen had a stroke and somehow became even more of an rear end in a top hat.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Varvel's was just a list of the stuff he was in along with a picture of Williams dressed as Mork.

The Williams cartoons weren't bad so much as mostly very low-effort and samey.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Just rename the award to The Robert Gorrell Achievement in Underachievement Award

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I get this (bad) cartoon, but I don't really get the edit. I guess it's trying to make a sarcastic statement but it doesn't really do it for me because it doesn't really show the Zoe Quinn analogue in an especially positive light, I guess... But maybe that's the weird addition of the pants at her shins in the lower image making her a bit of a joke. :shrug:
It's supposed to make fun of the fact that they basically had to invent a woman that supported their horseshit. I added the pants because I have a sickness.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Gilganixon created a masterpiece with this and probably took the longest of all the edits.
I'll have you know that I spend nine hours on every edit :colbert:

This is a real thing that Muir said about his terrible comic full of stuff from GIS with photoshop filters

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chamale posted:

Next time we might have a best song award
I'm a monster :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I really love Ye Fowle Herald but I'm still shocked that the Roger Rabbit Muir parody didn't win.
I had seven edits get nominated, which split the vote I guess?

I ain't mad though, doing Ye Fowl Herald all year with any kind of consistency is no small feat :allears:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At this point point it's probably best to just rename the category the "Bob Gorrell Achievement in Underachievement" award and make him ineligible for nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I normally would peg McCoy and Lester as the bigger racists, whereas Ramirez tends to say something lovely and move on. But the protests this year really brought out his inner rear end in a top hat. It takes a lot to beat the McCoys at being petty bigots.

• Locked thread