Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I get this (bad) cartoon, but I don't really get the edit. I guess it's trying to make a sarcastic statement but it doesn't really do it for me because it doesn't really show the Zoe Quinn analogue in an especially positive light, I guess... But maybe that's the weird addition of the pants at her shins in the lower image making her a bit of a joke. :shrug:

Turning her into a donkey would have made it more obvious, but that would have added a different set of problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Worst Middle East Cartoon: E
There were a lot of terrible ones, but that one just barely edged out thanks to the twofer of "what the gently caress is wrong with you".

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: G
The whole thing with de Blasio and the NYPD has pushing all my "gently caress the police" buttons since it started, so that one was kind of a no-brainer.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: I
Barely edged out B by virtue of a Feinstein caricature that makes even less sense than Wormbama.

Worst The Interview Cartoon: B
The lazy racism is what pushes this past the others.

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: C
There were a lot of valiant efforts, but the decision to literally portray black people as dogs gave C that extra little bit of Stormfront spice.

Worst caricature: A
And this is the only caricature that makes less sense than the Feinstein one in my vote for Worst Torture Report Cartoon. (Although G was very nearly a tie.)

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: P
Probably the hardest category to make a decision on, but the decision to split the Thing between two different (yet very nearly redundant) bits of text, and then shove one of them into a tiny box at the corner, was inspired in its shittiness.

Worst Label: G
There were a number of cartoons with too-long labels and a number of cartoons with too many labels, but only Ramirez could find a way to shoehorn the word "debt" into that many places.

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: C
I was originally going to vote for D. But as I was writing this, the cartoon somehow managed to pull off an integer overflow of bigotry by leaving me confused as to precisely what stereotype it was attempting to reinforce. C both made it obvious and had a terrible caricature, so it won out in the end.

Laziest cartoon: K
Again, several valiant efforts, but K got the nod by simply not caring enough to find a photograph that lacked JPG artifacts.

Most easily reinterpreted: D
I assume the cartoon was supposed to be something about amnesty, but instead it managed to straddle the line between "Nonsense, this is an election year" and Asay-esque "how is this a bad thing". The result was something that's impossible not to reinterpret.

Overall worst political cartoon of the year: I
Rather than explain why this one got my vote (because seriously), I'm just going to say that the fact that it got my vote is the reason I didn't vote for it in any other category. May as well give the second-stringers a chance.

Best edit/parody: E
What can I say? I'm a sucker for Who Framed Roger Rabbit? jokes.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

I realize it's way too late, but somehow we forgot to include this in the "least concealed bigotry" category, especially considering how much it got talked about in newspapers:

Dog whistling on the toothpaste is still far more concealed than the ones that actually got nominated.

• Locked thread