Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

the voice acting is really funny in 5, i remember the demon lord or whatever sounding like a total doof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
It's really close to so bad it's good but it doesn't quite make it imo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Rannos22 posted:

I liked HoMM2 alot as a kid would I like any of the newer ones?

Homm3 with expansions. 4 was rushed, and had a lot of possibly good ideas stillborn because of publisher going bankrupt. 5 had a lot of potential, but didn't have enough time for a quality review. 6? i have no idea, prolly really poo poo though.

Stick with 3.

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

The acronym HoMM kind of looks like the word homo. Sorry to be immature, everyone.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
please do not disrespect the Heroes of Might and Magic series like that thanks

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Might and Magic: Heroes

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

please do not disrespect the Heroes of Might and Magic series like that thanks
I'm pretty sure that was actually a compliment so I dunno what you're so upset about.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it doesnt seem to have tthe fortress faction so gently caress that

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

bumping my pro rear end thread because some info about haven/castle/humans/whatever was announced!!!!

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/discover-haven-s-townscreen-in-details

really looks like they are trying to stick to that homm3 feel

im started to get a little excited about this, which is dumb as gently caress because i'm almost certain it's going to be a letdowm...

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Sleepy Owl posted:

ubisoft did a fcuking vote between having fortress or rampart as the last faction

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

really looks like they are trying to stick to that homm3 feel
Looks like they're keeping the town portal building, which is potentially a good omen regarding the weird logistics 3 had.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
They also got rid of the inferno faction, which I actually think was probably a step in the right direction. gently caress inferno.

Kylra posted:

Looks like they're keeping the town portal building, which is potentially a good omen regarding the weird logistics 3 had.

I liked the 3 version of town portal :( It was such a great system of "always take earth magic even on might heroes" and "build every town's mage guild to lvl 4 and swearing everytime you got loving counterstrike of all things".

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 7, 2015

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
haha what

inferno has been in like every game ever

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
jfc this is a homm game without imps

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

koolkal posted:

Rip homm no sale

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

koolkal posted:

dealbreaker

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

gently caress this poo poo, no imps no sale. I would like gogs and magogs but i can live without them.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Homm 5 was surprisingly campy fun.

Homm 2 was the best earlier one mainly because of vampire attack sound effect. I will wait patiently until I see evidence that Homm 7 surpasses 2 in this regard.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

ubisoft did a fcuking vote between having fortress or rampart as the last faction

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

They also got rid of the inferno faction...

:cripes:

Well at least 3 and 5 are good and still playable

Dec 26, 2012

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Homm 2 was the best earlier one mainly because of vampire attack sound effect. I will wait patiently until I see evidence that Homm 7 surpasses 2 in this regard.

5 is fine (not so much the campaign) but it aged poorly visually and is annoyingly in certain ways like using squares instead of hexes

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Look we all like imps and eefriti, but they're not enough to carry the whole town. Its not like they're mighty gorgons.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Wookie Bouquet posted:

homm2's sprites hold up better than the 3d ones too in my nostologic opinion.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Rannos22 posted:

homm2's sprites hold up better than the 3d ones too in my nostologic opinion.

To see something really age poorly, the 4th one is hilarious with merging the awful 3D sprites from 3 with the comic-y animation style and tone from 2.

At least I vaguely remember them doing the vampire "blah" sound right.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Look we all like imps and eefriti, but they're not enough to carry the whole town. Its not like they're mighty gorgons.

Archdevils are cool. Especially the HoMM3 version of them:

Look at that motherfucker, owns!

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I don't even get the fortress town other than they're a bunch of mythological creatures that don't fit elsewhere. gently caress fortress and their slow rear end poo poo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I don't even get the fortress town other than they're a bunch of mythological creatures that don't fit elsewhere. gently caress fortress and their slow rear end poo poo

Dragonfly's are REALLY good. Also for super secret lolz, use them on blessed terrain and you'll cast weakness on the whole opposing team when you attack.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Humphrey Vasel posted:

theyre swamp monsters

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Fortress was best when you capitalized on the high defense of the troops and got the hero that specialized in armorer and you just took half damage from everything essentially.

Goddammit this game better not suck, I can't handle another terrible heroes game. Its been 16 loving years since the last good one.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Sleepy Owl posted:

god drat it

Guess it'll be an expansion that won't get bought after everyone says how rear end the game is

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fortress was best when you capitalized on the high defense of the troops and got the hero that specialized in armorer and you just took half damage from everything essentially.
Chaos Hydra's plus teleport/haste and the armorer hero equals, dance all night.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i really liked might and magic vii as a kid, that's the one where you start out on like an island and there's dragonfly monsters, right? i spent a lot of time just running around in that zone before actually continuing with the game

is heroes of might and magic like the same thing or is it a weird different remake

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

"Heroes of Might and Magic" or the new branding "Might and Magic: Heroes" which started with 6 is the turn based strategy line. Plain "Might and Magic" is the RPG line.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A Spider Covets posted:

i really liked might and magic vii as a kid, that's the one where you start out on like an island and there's dragonfly monsters, right? i spent a lot of time just running around in that zone before actually continuing with the game

is heroes of might and magic like the same thing or is it a weird different remake

I like that one because you can kill the dragon, then use the corpse multiloot bug to deck your characters out in artifact weapons and armor. Pretty fun for a replay.

Might and Magic is not the same game as Heroes of Might and Magic, but they are in the same game universe, they are also both good series in their own way.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'm sad the heroes series never incorporated the weird sci-fi aspects of the rpgs.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ahh okay. i got all excited cause i thought they were going to re-release the old Might and Magic games or something. i am not so big on turn-based strategy most of the time.

cool that these games still exist in some modern form tho, had a lot of fun with them with my brother when we were little, and i remember bugging the games a lot

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

ahh okay. i got all excited cause i thought they were going to re-release the old Might and Magic games or something. i am not so big on turn-based strategy most of the time.

cool that these games still exist in some modern form tho, had a lot of fun with them with my brother when we were little, and i remember bugging the games a lot
The last M&M game was Legacy which was a old-school styled game resembling the pre-6 games. Like Grimrock. It was released a year ago.

You can buy all the older Might and Magic games from 1 to 9 off of Steam or GOG. No new re-release needed. No remakes though, and I wouldn't expect any at this point.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 9, 2015

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thuly posted:

god drat it

Guess it'll be an expansion that won't get bought after everyone says how rear end the game is

and then itll be some stupid dwarf thing

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pretty good threat imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If they still have Dungeon I'm in.

Beholders forever.

• Locked thread