Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Tiger Millionaire posted:

bumping my pro rear end thread because some info about haven/castle/humans/whatever was announced!!!!

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/discover-haven-s-townscreen-in-details

really looks like they are trying to stick to that homm3 feel

im started to get a little excited about this, which is dumb as gently caress because i'm almost certain it's going to be a letdowm...

why would you buy this terrible game when Homm3 HD is coming to steam in 2 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Captain Gordon posted:

why would you buy this terrible game when Homm3 HD is coming to steam in 2 weeks

Because that doesn't include the expansions.

Dec 26, 2012

drat i guess you would have to settle for the remastered incredibly good original game, or the unremastered gog version that does have everything

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Remastered or not, gameplay is more important then ACH-DEE GRAPHIXS.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
My favorite HoMM was 2, but perhaps that is just because it was the one I first played.

I did play 3, but thought it was too crowded. I also didn't like the realistic graphics.

I think 2 had each faction pared down to essentials. 3 introduced gameplay innovations that, while interesting, also didn't really add to the basic strategy of the game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Homm3 is my favorite game of all time and its sad that Ubisoft has the rights to it, in this gamers humble opinion. Mayhaps 7 will be good by some fluke

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

killstealing posted:

Homm3 is my favorite game of all time and its sad that Ubisoft has the rights to it, in this gamers humble opinion. Mayhaps 7 will be good by some fluke

As mentioned earlier, 5 wasn't bad. I mean it is certainly better than 4. It's all about being cautiously optimistic for 7.

My main hope is that they keep the key ideas from 2 & 3 and some of the class system stuff from 4 & 5.

One thing I wonder about is would they benefit from having like a leadership system like in King's Bounty, in order to limit Death Stacks and make multiple heroes more viable?

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wookie Bouquet posted:

One thing I wonder about is would they benefit from having like a leadership system like in King's Bounty, in order to limit Death Stacks and make multiple heroes more viable?

That could be cool but it would be super difficult to do it correctly, also how would you level up low leadership heros when all the mobs on the map are legions of dragons and poo poo?

The battlefield needs to go back to hexes, what the gently caress in this squares poo poo?

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Powercrazy posted:

That could be cool but it would be super difficult to do it correctly, also how would you level up low leadership heros when all the mobs on the map are legions of dragons and poo poo?

The battlefield needs to go back to hexes, what the gently caress in this squares poo poo?

Yeah there would need to be some major balancing to make that poo poo work. But as it is, it feels like the current dynamic of 1 megahero, doesn't really feel that good. Might be able to solve it with the whole tutor style skills which give x% of XP to lower level heroes.

Most excited about new necropolis faction. Although that faction has had really weird balancing issues through the years with necromancy.

Kind of bad in 2, because what am I going to do with all these skeletons.

Same in 3

4 fixed it kind of but maybe in an overpowered way with the ability to get higher level things from higher necro skill

5 had the balance of a necro energy budget, which I thought was pretty cool.

No idea on 6.

Dec 26, 2012

are you saying you think they were kind of bad in 3 because what

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Heroes 6 was ok. It wasn't amazing but I did have fun based entirely on nostalgia for HOMM3

didn't like it enough to get any of the DLC

I might get HOMM3 HD on iPad, so I can play it on planes and remember my childhood

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

01011001 posted:

are you saying you think they were kind of bad in 3 because what

necro was super OP in 3 on xl maps yea

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

killstealing posted:

It's been ages since I played 3, I am probably pretty off base.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

killstealing posted:

Also lol if you ever got the necromancer combination artifact, you would get powerliches after every combat. In the necromancer campaign my army consisted of 7 stacks of 1000+ Powerliches.

halwain
May 31, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Because that doesn't include the expansions.

They are really remastering the game withouth the addons :downsbravo: ?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

halwain posted:

They are really remastering the game withouth the addons :downsbravo: ?

they "lost" the expacs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
They could pick them up for cheap on gog, too bad they missed the christmas sale.

• Locked thread