Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
-Half Life 2 was built by valve like 20 years ago or something, yet it still has better graphics than the cutting edge games of today: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Smash Bros 64, and even Mario Paint.
-Half 2 has all the best gameplay and it loving owns. You get a crowbar and also the Gravity Gun, and bullets too.
-Raven home: 'Nuff said.
-Half Life 2 Game is split into multiple parts: Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, and Half Life 2 Episode 2. There is also a rumored Half Life 2 Episode 3 that Valve has been working on every day for 20 years to make it the best game ever made.
-Available on Steam and also PC.

Mods, please change thread icon to Gordo Freeman ( ) which is missing from Imp Zone :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

i dont think i will, op, but have fun

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
never heard of it, OP

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

01011001 posted:

01011001 posted:

These posts are incredibly hosed up. You want the combine to take over the world???? well that's what's gonna happen if you dont beat them up in Half Life 2 and the episodes

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i have already played this game and its expansions a lot, op, also i own it on several different platforms. it is a great game, but i have already defeated the combine, so i probs will play it again some other time.

Dec 26, 2012

obstipator posted:

These posts are incredibly hosed up. You want the combine to take over the world???? well that's what's gonna happen if you dont beat them up in Half Life 2 and the episodes

i already did, op, years ago

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'll try to play hl2 again OP despite of how inferior it is to quake. More flying enemies that shoot fireballs and less bot soldiers I say.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

obstipator posted:

Actually, we don't go to Ravenholm, op. But HL2 is still a pretty good game

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

01011001 posted:

I'm not going to play it either.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

program666 posted:

I'll try to play hl2 again OP despite of how inferior it is to quake. More flying enemies that shoot fireballs and less bot soldiers I say.

quake must be ridiculously awesome then. I don't remember it being so, but if your words are true, I'd definitely have to play it again,,,, right after HL2 tho.
Thank you for making the correct decision to play HL2. :patriot:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

obstipator posted:

quake must be ridiculously awesome then. I don't remember it being so, but if your words are true, I'd definitely have to play it again,,,, right after HL2 tho.
Thank you for making the correct decision to play HL2. :patriot:

I actually got to the part where you drive around the coast or something, that thing where everyone recognizes me as a hero and just assume I still want to save everyone is really weird. I mean, in the first one you do all that stuff because don't have a lot of choice, maybe it's because I never played the other episodes but went from hl1 straight into hl2.
The part where you get that super-jump in hl1 and have to explore that alien space or whatever is my favorite but still too far below quake.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

program666 posted:

I mean, in the first one you do all that stuff because don't have a lot of choice, maybe it's because I never played the other episodes but went from hl1 straight into hl2.

at the end of 1 i think G man freezes you in time against your will.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

that's ok I guess, but why everyone is treating me like I'm cheguevara it's weird

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

freeman's legend is a product of the shadowy conspiracy that preserved him. freeman is just a weapon to be pointed at something that needs dying, and his reputation and the uprising it inspires is an extension of that. vance was probably responsible for doing the legwork (haha he had one leg) of spreading freemania, and he was in with the g-man until ep 2.

but none of that matters because half life 2 and its episodes is about ripping away everything from alyx until all she has is gordon, who will take her as his co-dependent half-black half-asian waifu.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played it on xbox 360

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Half Life 2 is mostly vehicle sections and scripted unskippable cutscenes. It's a good experience but very much a product of its time and pretty overrated. Back when physics in games were new the gravity gun was a novel idea.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's cool how you can get paint on enemies even if it doesn't impact gameplay whatsoever. Very few games do that but it really adds to the immersion. It's like I'm really a suited up mute scientist stuck on a linear path.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

obstipator posted:

-Half Life 2 was built by valve like 20 years ago or something, yet it still has better graphics than the cutting edge games of today: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Smash Bros 64, and even Mario Paint.
-Half 2 has all the best gameplay and it loving owns. You get a crowbar and also the Gravity Gun, and bullets too.
-Half Life 2 Game is split into multiple parts: Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, and Half Life 2 Episode 2. There is also a rumored Half Life 2 Episode 3 that Valve has been working on every day for 20 years to make it the best game ever made.

Mods, please change thread icon to Gordo Freeman ( ) which is missing from Imp Zone :wth:

its a corridor shooter

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

obstipator posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Heran Bago posted:

Half Life 2 is mostly vehicle sections and scripted unskippable cutscenes. It's a good experience but very much a product of its time and pretty overrated. Back when physics in games were new the gravity gun was a novel idea.

This sums up my feelings on Half-Life 2 better than I usually can.

I probably post this any time HL2 comes up but if you have a friend with the 360 Orange Box, play HL2 on it and it's hilarious. It's got by far the strongest autoaim I've ever seen in a game. It's like 50% of the screen in a circle around the crosshair

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im going to go back in time and stop half life 2 from existing

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

elf help book posted:

im going to go back in time and stop half life 2 from existing

swap it with something to change the future of games

Soral
May 30, 2009

thanks for the suggestion, op. ill take it under consideration.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

swap it with something to change the future of games

duke nukem forever

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

duke nukem forever and half life 2 are pretty much the same game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Swap it with Just Cause 2 or Borderlands

I need an alternate history viewing machine to see what this would cause

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im sure we are already in store for a decade of games copying borderlands, dont need time travel to see that

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Half-Life 2, or HaLi2, is a hallmark gaming classic which should be played and eventually resented by any self-respecting gamer

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There is a lot of illegal cyber trolling going on in this thread. I'm going to close this thread for a few minutes to give people a chance to cool off.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

obstipator posted:

There is a lot of illegal cyber trolling going on in this thread. I'm going to close this thread for a few minutes to give people a chance to cool off.

that's what you get for creating a hl2 thread, now you have to babysit a bunch of raging nerds

program666
Aug 22, 2013

people are just too passionate

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

duke nukem forever and half life 2 are pretty much the same game

:eyepop:

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
no i mean really, hl2 is a pretty fuckin poo poo game. I dont get the hype. poo poo guns, corridor shooter, poo poo story just gently caress that game seriously. and yes i played it when it came out

not even graphics were good compared to Doom 3, gently caress hl2. hl1 owns tho

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Skilleddk posted:

no i mean really, hl2 is a pretty fuckin poo poo game. I dont get the hype. poo poo guns, corridor shooter, poo poo story just gently caress that game seriously. and yes i played it when it came out

not even graphics were good compared to Doom 3, gently caress hl2. hl1 owns tho

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
please do not use "corridor shooter" as a pejorative. it is insulting to FPSes that identify as "linear"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i like the part were groman frumen shoots at the columbine guys

• Locked thread