Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nose is a giant snozz sticking out of her face. Far out of her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Over Emotional and Dislikes Children.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

agent blue posted:

I'm so interested in trying this game out now. I haven't played this series since The Sims 2. Origin isn't the only avenue to its acquisition, is it?

Origin's having an anniversary sale right now, but unlike TS4 the disk versions are actually on disk. So physical's a valid option.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

And even if you're me and don't bother with the stuff pack's it's awful. I was able to do it because I more or less bought each EP as it came out, but that's when they were at full price.

And keep in mind that there are people in this world who have every pack AND a poo poo ton of store items.

If you really want to start playing the game, the best thing to do is get the base game and one full expansion pack that interests you.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Poil posted:

But at least it's a more stable, less buggy and not as likely to get corrupted, right?

:shepicide:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lotish posted:

Last I checked, when you buy an expansion, you get some simbux for free to buy some of that stuff.

Only the original base game and World Adventures man. EA isn't made of simbux.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Was Sims 3 ever popular enough to have a fan do a massive bug fix patch? Because of this LP I'm probably going to get the game and start playing again, but I still have nightmares about load times and other stupid poo poo. The last Sims LP I watched had the Story Progression mod - can anyone suggest anything else?

The difference between TS3 and its three other siblings is that one load loads everything, but that everything can be gigantic.

People's suggestions differ, but I'd recommend Master Controller, Story Progression, Error Trap, and Overwatch at the least, especially if you do long legacy play. If you're going to get an expansion with travel such as World Adventures, University Life, or Into the Future, you also need to get Traveler. Make sure to fully patch your game. Save early, save often. Make sure you have more than 4 GB of RAM if you don't have a gaming rig already.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

HomestarCanter posted:

AwesomeMod does that too, configurable to do it every 5 up to 60 minutes, with an option to only do it when the game is paused, and an option whether to pause or play once it finishes.

The difference is I don't play my game like Pescado. I'd rather have the ability to literally control everything that Story Progression brings.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

asymmetrical posted:

I tried getting Sims 4 because of this LP, but Origin is so garbage that not only did the payment fail to go through several times, but my bank flagged my card because of it. So gently caress that, I'll just buy another Sims 3 EP and play that.

The superior option anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Walls are a sickly Mountain Dew green of course.

• Locked thread