Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Get it in boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i pretty much blew my video game budget, so i iwill have to pass. most steam games i want i already have, anyway.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
A game does not become worth money because it costs less money.

A true gamer plays games on principle, not monetary investment.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Extra posted:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Extra posted:

i don't think sa is a good place to air your rationalization for software piracy.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I bought bulletstorm and fsx. Bulletstorm is fun so far.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Quite the opposite. A game should be bought regardless of cost if it is a good game. A true gamer does not wait for sales to purchase.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not interested in the slightest,op.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

yeah i don't care either. i have all the games i ever need right here *holds up iphone*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

these sales keep getting worse because i already have everything

also as i get older better presents are expected out of me for my family. what used to be free money to get more games is now an enormous chore. no wonder so many people kill themselves

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not interested in the slightest,op.

thanks

Dec 26, 2012

Extra posted:

correct

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
ya but a smart gamer buys games for cheap while he plays his current games in order to have a proper stable of games for the future

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol at the people on Reddit who post a cost analysis of every sale game using cost/median play time to show how many cents you pay per hour for each game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

Lol at the people on Reddit who post a cost analysis of every sale game using cost/median play time to show how many cents you pay per hour for each game.

that makes free to play games the best

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tender Bender posted:

link?

I don't have a problem with that, and I guess people on reddit are pretty much the 11-20 year old range where they have fuckoff free time to play a lot of games and not a lot of money. So good for them--I suppose I may have done the same thing as a poor 14 year old.

I would routinely sink like 200 hours into psx jrpgs and poo poo but i couldn't even get an hour into last remnant now. I now like my games short and sweet (like gunpoint, metro, gunslinger) that I can beat within a few days--money is not really a problem now. Longest I've played lately was Valkyria Chronicles and I was ready for that to end 3 chapters earlier.

(Wii-U games excluded, they're a lot of amazing fun co-op and singleplayer that i don't care if it takes me a month to beat it)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 22, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
i have bought more for others this year than for myself. i have most of the good ones, and the sale has been kind of slow. Valkyria Chrinicles looked fun, and I kind of want that Inuit game but I am poor and saving money for the Final Fantasy rush I hope happens because jRPGs and Lightning is p. cute

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Yay, a choice paralysis thread.

I'm rapidly approaching 400 Steam games over half of which I've never played but I need more dammit...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

metricchip posted:

Yay, a choice paralysis thread.

I'm rapidly approaching 400 Steam games over half of which I've never played but I need more dammit...

no you dont

just play the good AAA games and occasional rare good indie game like hotline miami or spelunky. problem solved, now your library is reduced to like 50 games.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
There are no games I wish to purchase, currently, for PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I own over a thousand games (mostly steam) and have finally seen the value of slowing down

• Locked thread