Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

A Spider Covets posted:

someone has already backed $10,000

Their BLOODSTONE forum avatar frame will make everyone totally jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Watched the kickstarter video, they are saying all the right things to make it sound like an interesting game. It will be interesting to see if they event get close to the kickstarter mark.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Ahahahaha jesus christ there are a lot of suckers with fat wallets in the world

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
backed for 10k

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Watched the kickstarter video, they are saying all the right things to make it sound like an interesting game. It will be interesting to see if they event get close to the kickstarter mark.

Well they launched it on a tuesday at 9 in the morning it is already over 1/4 of the way there after 2 hours, i don't think they'll have much trouble reaching their goal.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

malhavok posted:

Well they launched it on a tuesday at 9 in the morning it is already over 1/4 of the way there after 2 hours, i don't think they'll have much trouble reaching their goal.

Yeah I kept an eye on it after I posted and realized they will probably kill that goal at this rate.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Of course that goal is ridiculously small for what they are trying to make, but bigger numbers might scare away donors.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

malhavok posted:

Of course that goal is ridiculously small for what they are trying to make, but bigger numbers might scare away donors.

It seems that they'll blow through it, though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Everyone who plans on playing this game should pool money for the $1000 backer reward to get a goatse guild heraldry.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in for $30, lmao

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
looks like the game has generic environments and at least one dwarf, im gonna give them 10.000 dollars

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
gently caress it, I could spend $30 on going to see 50 Shades of Grey, a soda and some popcorn or this.

Zarithas
Jun 18, 2008
I put down $3000 :shepspends:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

We are all suckers.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
zarithas I still say you join goons if you want to

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Anoia posted:

We are all suckers.

Not me!

Yet. Waiting for payday on Friday before I set fire to any money. Hope the $30 are still available by then.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

Not me!

Yet. Waiting for payday on Friday before I set fire to any money. Hope the $30 are still available by then.

You aren't charged until the campaign's done, so you can be a sucker now and pay later!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

WayAbvPar posted:

Not me!

Half of them are already gone, that's the cheapest tier to get the actual game so i doubt they will be there by friday.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised at how fast the upper tier early bird stuff went

the upper tiers arent even really that great, tbh

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

$30 is just the right amount for me to go "ah, gently caress it"

those crafty bastards

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Zet posted:

You aren't charged until the campaign's done, so you can be a sucker now and pay later!

Forgot about this. In for $30.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, why not? $30 is nothing for a B2P PvP MMO in the vein of Shadowbane. Even if it sucks, I’m out spending money for a weekend dinner. Plus the art design and concept art is really cool.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 24, 2015

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Yall are making a mistake here. How many times do you have to get burned (or see everyone else get burned) on kickstarter MMOs before you learn?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MrBims posted:

Yall are making a mistake here. How many times do you have to get burned (or see everyone else get burned) on kickstarter MMOs before you learn?

I've already learned, I just am willing to waste $30

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
But you get to have dinner with the devs! And a subscription that will outlive the game!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

MrBims posted:

Admittedly, no one got burned yet. They're all in process of getting burned, so far.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the official forums are loving abysmal

its a bunch of shadowbane and uo people stroking themselves off about how great they were at PvP and how everyone else was a big carebear

there are some people from guilds that were legitimately good in other games, but a guild from a decade ago isnt the same guild as now and there is no guarantee how much being good at shadowbane pvp or uo pvp will matter

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

A Spider Covets posted:

someone has already backed $10,000

Lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only video game that I would ever pay $10000 for would involve

a VR headset, a fleshlight, and femshep

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Megazver posted:

Admittedly, no one got burned yet. They're all in process of getting burned, so far.

Giving new meaning to the term slow burn.

Zarithas
Jun 18, 2008

Eonwe posted:

the official forums are loving abysmal

its a bunch of shadowbane and uo people stroking themselves off about how great they were at PvP and how everyone else was a big carebear

there are some people from guilds that were legitimately good in other games, but a guild from a decade ago isnt the same guild as now and there is no guarantee how much being good at shadowbane pvp or uo pvp will matter

The Darkfall clans thread is even better. It's amazing to see how no one has changed one bit after 6 years. Especially Osium and his sycophants.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Eonwe posted:

the only video game that I would ever pay $10000 for would involve

a VR headset, a fleshlight, and femshep

fleshlight wont work with femshep

you need something you can use to gently caress yourself

#shepfacts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BULBASAUR posted:

fleshlight wont work with femshep

you need something you can use to gently caress yourself

#shepfacts

woa!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zarithas posted:

The Darkfall clans thread is even better. It's amazing to see how no one has changed one bit after 6 years. Especially Osium and his sycophants.

talking to other darkfall players about any video game, including darkfall, is painful

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The game doesn't even have to be that good as long as we can make the

Zarithas posted:

The game doesn't even have to be good, I just want the chance to make the likes of them angry.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its like Pantheon, Wildstar and Archage never happened. How do you people never learn?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I get that the Darkfall stuff was pretty hardcore and had full FPS aiming and all that jazz, but I never really felt like it required that much "skill." yea, there were people that were better than most others, but in general, being able to hit people was not the issue. Hell, I feel like its harder to shoot people with a bow in Chivalry than it ever was in Darkfall..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

Its like Pantheon, Wildstar and Archage never happened. How do you people never learn?

Archeage absolutely happened and im personally glad of it

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Anoia posted:

The game doesn't even have to be good, I just want the chance to make the likes of them angry.

Oh, it's gonna make them angry. Good or not makes no difference.

I like the cello they put in the music to make it sound like the theme from Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they've even hired concept artists that worked on game of thrones, lol

• Locked thread