Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

illusion of gaia knows the answers to all of your questions, and i am here to relay its responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I prefer Terranigma, but I regret that neither game got a good translation.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
those loving vampires

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

illusion of gaia knows the answers to all of your questions, and i am here to relay its responses.

I never did play this SNES game. I really wanted to back when it first came out, and by the time I understood and knew what a SNES emulator was, I didn't care.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

I prefer Terranigma, but I regret that neither game got a good translation.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Popular Human posted:

those loving vampires

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The goat scene in Terranigma made me really sad when I was younger.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I never did play this SNES game. I really wanted to back when it first came out, and by the time I understood and knew what a SNES emulator was, I didn't care.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

The goat scene in Terranigma made me really sad when I was younger.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

This makes me wonder how much more/less of an impact it'd have if it was being stuck with two people.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

This makes me wonder how much more/less of an impact it'd have if it was being stuck with two people.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
what is my sexual orientation? I'm confused.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
That game was pretty weird, you had to hit people with a flute

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

program666 posted:

what is my sexual orientation? I'm confused.

Arian_Samurai posted:

That game was pretty weird, you had to hit people with a flute

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Poor pig

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

This game took some chances and made a gamble

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BERGfu posted:

This game took some chances and made a gamble

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I wish more games had dungeon layouts as confusing as Illusion of Gaia. No, really. Love this game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I wish more games had dungeon layouts as confusing as Illusion of Gaia. No, really. Love this game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
one day some brave soul will venture out to find the truth behind what the hell happened to quintet

seriously what's the story there

they're dead but they still pop up in credits for games by other devs here and there, and nobody wants to discuss it on the record

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Kins posted:

one day some brave soul will venture out to find the truth behind what the hell happened to quintet

seriously what's the story there

they're dead but they still pop up in credits for games by other devs here and there, and nobody wants to discuss it on the record

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

i like terranigma more but illusion of gaia is still p cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Srice posted:

i like terranigma more but illusion of gaia is still p cool

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I got a free Illusion of Gaia t-shirt when my dad bought the game all those years ago...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I got a free Illusion of Gaia t-shirt when my dad bought the game all those years ago...

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

gently caress yeah, I thought I was so bad rear end wearing that shirt to school.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Illusion of Gaia's art is stiff and ugly. On the other hand, Terranigma's art was mostly fantastic.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

metricchip posted:

gently caress yeah, I thought I was so bad rear end wearing that shirt to school.

Gimbal lock posted:

Illusion of Gaia's art is stiff and ugly. On the other hand, Terranigma's art was mostly fantastic.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

I do prefer adventures better, this actually works!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

program666 posted:

I do prefer adventures better, this actually works!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Illusion of Gaia was pretty fantastic. Kinda overly linear but handled well and didn't overstay its welcome. Also it got me to study history of stuff I'd never heard of prior to playing (Angkor Wat, the Incas, etc.). Thanks video game!

It actually has one of my best childhood memories too. I got it for Christmas one year when I was 11 or so, and I was playing it at grandma's with the whole family visited. My aunt, who's very well-traveled and worked as a book editor for foreign publishers, was commentating on all the famous landmarks and making fun of all the pseudo-philosophical nonsense in the dialogue. Also, how the same drat music played in every single town.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mazed posted:

Illusion of Gaia was pretty fantastic. Kinda overly linear but handled well and didn't overstay its welcome. Also it got me to study history of stuff I'd never heard of prior to playing (Angkor Wat, the Incas, etc.). Thanks video game!

It actually has one of my best childhood memories too. I got it for Christmas one year when I was 11 or so, and I was playing it at grandma's with the whole family visited. My aunt, who's very well-traveled and worked as a book editor for foreign publishers, was commentating on all the famous landmarks and making fun of all the pseudo-philosophical nonsense in the dialogue. Also, how the same drat music played in every single town.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

don't mind me, im just here burning to death

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I think I was too young when I played this but it really really confused me and I never got very far

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Blackheart posted:

don't mind me, im just here burning to death

Oil of Paris posted:

I think I was too young when I played this but it really really confused me and I never got very far

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I should replay it again, only played it once and barreled through in two days or so. I have fonder memories of Soul Blazer for some reason.

Also please tell us your thoughts on Soul Blazer OP.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i played it thought it was good

played terranigma for a bit too, thought it was lonely

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

did somebody say soul blazer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004