Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Sub-1k green is a bit weird after all these years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Play mid tiers, shoot KV and IS fuel tank locations. Those things burn a lot.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Hellsau, didn't you hear? The 85b is getting nerfed to 330.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Not sure that 221 pen on a D-25 will make it a good gun against tier 10s, considering the D-25 has 0.46 accuracy. BL-9 is 225/0.40.

Add in the new dispersion and, well... I wouldn't recommend the IS-5.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

xthetenth posted:

From what I've seen depressingly few compared to the numbers of people who want to drive the Bismarck, Prinz Eugen (How do you even like that class they didn't do anything special) and other horrid wastes of schiffbaustahl.

It looks cool + not even Amerikan nukes could sink it, it would still be in service if Amerikan sailors weren't so afraid of repairing it lest it mutate and become sentient due to the radiation.

(My favourite ship is the Deutschland class, because putting 11" guns on a cruiser is pretty rad.)

Also these missions are rather infuriating, you get some kind of cockblocker mission that relies way too much on the RNG or those games where both of your teams are just incompetent enough, then it follows up with "Deal 1000 damage!" or "Deal damage six times!" and you just wonder what the hell.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

You finally set something on fire with a medium I see :v:

I was torching right and left with heavy tanks, TDs and light tanks but I had a 30-game dry spell in mediums. I just don't know.

Light tank capping mission didn't finish because despite having capped the base the last enemy tank died within 5 seconds of the cap finishing. Fix your game, Wargaming.

Edit: There's something special about ramming heavy tanks to death in an E-50 and taking puny amounts of damage for it. Tiny compact IS, IS-3 and IS-6 tanks can't deal with 62 tons of steel!

srb fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 2, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
The first time a blood red JPE said "I have to do 1000 damage without being spotted" I laughed. The second time I started playing mid tiers.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

That has stupid mission text, you only need to do 1000 damage before you get spotted, as I found out in my 704 when my second shot blew my camo, again on loving Redshire. JpE should pretty much be doing that first attempt without fail.

It's just 1k damage whilst you are unspotted, isn't it? I did it in my SU-100.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
50 100 is fast and can demolish a flank.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
No botes thread yet because NDA I guess.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Sherman's birthday and no howitzer gold ammo sale? Bah.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
We were losing, so I killed a 13 hp Chi-Ri so that an E75 could save his shell for a more threatening target next to him. Unfortunately, he then turned around, ignored the enemy, and put the shell into me. I stole his ram kill!

srb
Jul 24, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Oh Jesus gently caress why would they encourage this! :cripes:

Are you going to tell me that this isn't awesome?

srb
Jul 24, 2007

demonR6 posted:

But the SU-152 is such a horrible, painful grind. It just sucks the will to live from me. I guess playing it in pubs is not helping but even then I can't expect guys I toon with to hang around covering me so I don't get murdered.

I've created a visual guide to help with SU-152 enjoyment:

Step 1:

Step 2:

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Salean posted:

I prefer the 122 on the T-44

There are some things you just shouldn't speak of when in polite company.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

It's surprisingly quick.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I still see "Wallet Warrior" used as an insult about once a month , but it's very rare now that all of the shitters have panic bought E25s.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I regularly see KV-5's with tons of ricochet marks on the angled turret front and on the front hull. You'd think the radioman would be obvious, but nope.

Just saw this on the WOT forum:

quote:

Hello Tankers,

This is an update on the status of the upcoming 9.6 patch.

Many of you are aware that the patch has already gone live in our other regions and we wanted to let you know the reasoning behind delaying it here.

We are currently nearing the end of season 5 of the WGLNA Gold League! To keep the game play consistent throughout the playoffs, we have decided to move the release of the patch to sometime after the playoffs.

Please keep your eye on our portal for more news and updates on the exact date that it will be released.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Heh.

srb fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 12, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Atal Vataman posted:

it still accelerates like a mofo. not that i played it on test, but it seems quite alright. its soft as gently caress though. i got penned by a wolverine shooting he at me for 400 D: ill post a vid of some gameplay, to show off mobility.

this patch = rip snapshots btw. it sucks

E: here eventually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BsD36ITRg
disclaimer, not really spectacular games or anything, but i climb hill on himmelsdorff among other things
no gamesound because copyright fuckers hate music

That E25 knew what he wanted in life.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
So finish grinding the 50 120 before 9.6 hits in NA, then.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

He trusted me, so I ate a big bowl of VK. Good times.

This is what happens when you trust Hellsau; you die.

I bought the AMX 13 90 to finish the LT missions, working on getting my 4k spotting now. What a little beast this tank is! Almost got 4k before I had the mission on one of those Swamp rounds described earlier, but missed out by 400, mainly thanks to getting hit for 300 and tracked while going full speed, by my own GWE100. He said he overshot.

Edit: Also, speaking of mission text, the "Join as a platoon of light tanks. Get 2000 spotting damage by you" is a plural you, for the entire platoon. Still took a couple of tries due to city maps and the fact that we were forced to do all of the killing ourselves. Highlights: Shooting a T110E3 engine box so he panicked and drove off a cliff and crashed, Maus firing HE at a T-54 then saying "there, I did damage" and two arties shotgunning a 13 90 as it drove around a corner.

srb fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 16, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
The credits are nice at least.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Goon skirmish team needs a fifth. Show up. e: rip Goons.
http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

If they're a troll clan, their commander is INCREDIBLY dedicated to stat-badding.

1399 battles in the Churchill III at 40%.
519 in the Ausf A at 34%.

I am awestruck!

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Pulling 4k in the 122-44 usually isn't easy unless your team is just as incompetent as the enemy team, in my experience around the time you hit 3-3.5k your team will start rolling over the enemies and kill things before you aim in.

Alternatively, use proud Republic of China anti-tank tactics, like this.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I wasn't keen on the 12t. I really didn't like the 13 75 (which is a shame, since it's one of my favourite real tanks), but I am loving the 13 90 so much.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I already installed all the mods I wanted, but this is the first time I hear about that 15 meter range mod. Which files does it consist of McGavin?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Is there anything that differentiates the STA-1 and STA-2?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I've heard that the client basically sends a log of what you have in your res_mods folder when you log in, but since it's WG it wouldn't surprise me if it should but isn't.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I can't play without tank carousel myself. The ability to choose what tiers to display and have two rows instead of one is just such a massive improvement.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

I really wouldn't call the invincible BP's armour layout "good", it is however "bullshit RNG defeater".

srb
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

The 4502a got an armour buff at the same time the 4502b did, the upper front autobounces anything under 220 and will bounce 250+ with angling. Hell of a lot tougher than it used to be.

What, really? I mean, I rarely see one in the wild but I've had some weird bounces on them. That explains it then.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Just fired up tank inspector, even with hefty angling it's having a hard time breaking 200 effective, and when it does that and goes into ricochet territory you have 80mm side. So my shots must have just been loving off to wherever then.

Bonus: It apparently has two frontal 20-35mm effective weak spots just above the tracks. Oh Ferdinand Porsche. :allears:

srb fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Feb 26, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

how a Luchs should be run with it's stock turret for it's lower weight, but you lose 30m of view range which seems important in a scout tank.

That's old, old, old advice, back when the Luchs was tier 3. Stock turret + 20mm autocannon and gas was known as "rocket luchs" due to the acceleration.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

The light tank platoon mission combined spotting damage between the three of you but not tracking damage! Just get Prok or Fiery Salient like every other light tank mission, or setup one of you to spot and the other two to snipe. Also be ready to sabotage your team by not firing since it doesn't count damage you do yourself, and any damage you do it HP that you can't get for spotting.

This is the worst thing about many of these missions, intentionally playing not to win.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

- SerB: “Waffenträger auf E-100 is for retards. It will be removed.”

Maybe they shouldn't have added the 0.28 StuG aimtime snapshot Jesus it was when it was released.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Covenanter games where you do like 600 damage give you 2500 WN8

I almost feel dirty when playing the 13 90. Hit five out of six for damage, two low roll killshots, walk away with 2500 wn8. Then again, I guess it's that way because a lot of players can't manage even a single shot and just run into the nearest JPE.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It is inferior to the premium 34-3, which is pretty rare.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I think the T21 is good, but the T37 probably edges it out in every way except for getting snapshotted, that turret just catches all the shells.

One problem with playing the T21 is that you eventually get confused about which tank you're actually driving if you are also playing a T20. "Am I ammo racked? Why is my reload so slow?"

srb fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 4, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It wouldn't be French without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Finally.

Also serioustalk, the G1R looks like it's gonna be annoying as heck for tanks with low pen, look at all those weird angles for 60mm.