Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

think about it, it trades the t20s excellent mobility for armor that's unreliable even against tier 6s, gun handling that's not appreciably better, 20mm more penetration that doesn't mean much even though the t20 can go through anything it sees with gold rounds, and the only quantifiably good improvement is the DPM which isn't that great compared to other tier 8 mediums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the black prince is also just as bad as the churchill VII. it has a mediocre gun, the same top speed, armor that's still full of weakpoints, and all it gets is gun handling

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the patton: less armor than the t-54 and e-50, less mobile than the former and much less accurate than both. its only benefit is gun handling. conclusion: it must be a bad tank, like the comet and pershing

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheFluff posted:

the black prince has a hidden winrate bonus though

the patton loving owns, much unlike the comet

sorry, the comet, pershing, and patton are objectively terrible tanks whose tier for tier performance i haven't been able to match with any other tank except the e-75

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheFluff posted:

there's nothing wrong with being a mediocre tank liker, no need to get all defensive on me mister volume

the only mediocre tank i like is the panther

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RanKizama posted:

I'm finally about to unlock that thing. Is it average overall or does it have some particularly good thing that it's good at?

it might be better now that guns overall got less accurate so other guns don't have the same pinpoint accuracy that the panther does, but all the good sniper spots are wide open to artillery these days and the panther does not deal with artillery well

the panther is real good at tracking things though, if you can see a track you can permatrack them if they dont have a repair kit

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the black prince is objectively a good tank that is subjectively one of the worst tanks to play

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the only reason the churchill i isn't the most overpowered tank at tier 5 is because the churchill iii gets pref matchmaking

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

KV-220 and T14 are as good as Churchill III.

the t14 has a hard time penetrating a churchill iii even with gold

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

Plenty of holes in Churchill III armor.

plenty of holes in ur t14, after my churchill iii is done with it, fucker

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

today i learned that the panther still aint great, and that swamp is a really lovely map

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

oh poo poo i've been in a match with that guy, he started melting down about warpacks after someone killed him and after i made a joke he started saying i used it too because its impossible to get stats that high without cheating

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ive murdered someone from beyond visual range before using the minimap, felt real good

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i dont spend gold on retraining skills either, but i still have sixth sense on all the tanks that have a 100% second skill. it doesn't become extremely necessary until tier 8 anyways (though its real nice to have tier 7 and below) and by that point sixth sense is trained up, even with silver retraining

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Everything should be buffed to be impervious to arty, i m o

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

JohnGalt posted:

Pbkac declined my application. I've reached the lower bowels of being bad.

Welcome, friend. It's nice down here where the session WN8 is merely above average

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It means you have good taste

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jesus loving christ every single game is a grindy piece of poo poo affair but maybe that's because I'm getting Erlenberg, Swamp, Erlenberg, Hidden Village, Swamp, Prohorovka, El Halluf, El Halluf, Sand River

Why are there so many lovely, slow maps in this game and why do I keep getting them? Why is tier 8 hosed so hard by tier 10? Why does even a single artillery piece completely gently caress over the natural ebb and flow of a battle? When did this game become so god drat static?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i got an invite to pingu just by not being a complete scrub during a match against them like everyone else on my team

(im not going to join pingu)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

having people suicide into me to kill the low tier tank with good stats is how i win like 10% of my matches

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

One good thing about playing the Indien Panzer pretty heavily is that it's teaching me to be patient as hell because trying to take a forward position with that tank is suicide and when I don't take a forward position I can actually do damage!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I like these sorts of damage spreads, it's bad for WN8 but I wish more teams were like this

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The IS-3 is amazing, it consistently does work against the enemy team even though I don't even have the top gun yet, this game is fun, I like it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Artillery solution: remove everything but french artillery from the game, give the french artillery a shitload of hitpoints and armor but the same mobility, take away satellite view

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

don't play arty solo. don't play arty at all.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Southern Dandy posted:

I'll say this one last time. Think in three dimensions. If you can't do that, well good luck.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

northwest would be an extremely fun map if they replaced the stupid southern area with something else that wasn't just a lane with no cover

also they should have made sacred valley a low tier tank map too, it's actually fun when everyone's tier 6 or below

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Domination is also incredibly easy to win, just use the T57 or Leopard for the loving insane DPM and then when you die pull out a batchat, dump your mag into someone's rear end, go to a repair zone for a free refill, then dump that mag into someone else, get killed as quickly as possible, then load the T57 or Leo again. This gets you fuckall for credits, fuckall for free exp, and a cool badge that essentially says "yeah I logged in and have half a brain"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

much like the black prince is objectively good but still poo poo, the t49 i suspect is objectively bad but actually really cool

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In the far distant future when I get the T49, I will do the unthinkable, and play it with the 90mm

e: wait nevermind the silver shell is HE lmao, what the gently caress is this tank

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

yeah i think the aufpanther had a lot of overlap with other german trees so if you ever researched the vk3601, well there's your top gun

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

welp, time to sell this overpowered piece of poo poo and get an even more overpowered piece of poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Desuwa posted:

Don't sell the E-50, why would you do that?

Also I used to say the 50 was better, tier for tier, than the 50M but now that I look the 50M is my highest damage t10 medium except the Batchat. So :shrug:.

look man i gotta get the credits for the 50m somehow and ill be hosed if im putting fresh crew in it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'd feel worse about selling the E-50 but the E-50M is just more of the same and I'm planning on picking up an AMX 30 for all my tier 9 medium needs. You have no power over me. :colbert:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

WitchFetish posted:

20 shots fired, most of them fully aimed in, 6 penetrations.

Thanks for that wonderful accuracy nerf Wargaming, I sure didn't enjoy having an advantage over most of the glue eating morons that make up the playerbase because I actually bothered to shoot tanks in their weakspots from an advantageous position, making every loving shot a goddamn dice roll is a wonderful idea for balance.

the secret is youre bad too

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Colon Semicolon posted:

The actual secret is uninstall and go play something that's not awful.

This is true but also difficult to accomplish

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

a45 status: ammo racked in two shots in the first game i played

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

cdc status: extremely good now that i've gotten back into the tanking groove

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

actually the tiger is better than the t29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

hellsau i feel you are making fun of me but after playing the t-43 for a little bit i am realizing why the 3002db is above average