Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Played a match on Fjords from the north in my IS-2. Pushed around the corner and wiped out what was left of the south team's heavies, and was heading through the town by the water to mop up when I was shot by a Dicker Max from arty island. I laughed in chat at the camping shitlord who didn't fire a shot until the game was decided, and apparently I touched a nerve, since I got the following tear-stained missive via the official forums-

quote:

WayAbvPar,MajorMalfuncshn has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Taunting".
MajorMalfuncshn said:
----------------------------------
I'm still baffled why someone with your experience would bash another's play style. You called me a Shitlord for sitting back and sniping in a DickerMax. It's a TD! Limited armor. What it HAS going for it is great view range and a decent gun. It is not particularly mobile. It doesn't have a turret. It's NOT a brawler. It's a sniper. The spot on the peninsula allowed me the best chance to support my team. I doubt if you looked, but I had more than twice the damage of the next guy on my team (of losers) including 589 of your HPs, plus your tracks and fuel tank. I did 1707 in damage, which was more than you contributed to your team's win. And yet, I'm a "Shitlord"?!?
That spot allows me to cover several sections of the map, and sometimes leaves me the last line of defense when a team, such as that one, crumbles. I take pride in my ability to play the game, yet I know I have not mastered it. I can normally disregard such inaccurate ridicule from other players because it is normally coming from some clueless 12 year old who doesn't know how to play the game, but you have more than 22k rounds. Are you always so quick to insult others? Does it somehow make you feel better? You have good stats, but not good enough to claim superiority over all other players. Frankly, when I run into to one of the Unicums in the game, they rarely say anything negative. They let their stats say it all. For less than half of your battles, my stats hold up pretty well. I would invite you to practice what your mamma tried to teach you, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
-MajorMalfuncshn

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

I'm sitting in teamspeak listening to Dandy, MSec and Ackbarre have a terrible time, while drinking and playing Magic Online. Feels good.

Have you tried Hex yet? Cheaper than MTGO with some cool only-in-a-digital-space card effects.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Best option is removing tanks and playing something that doesn't slowly kill your will to live.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Comrade_Canada posted:

played tanks for the x5, ended up on Stalingrad, with a whiny waffle that did 0 dmg. After a couple of pubbie insults, he flies into a rage and goes on to PM me a whole book. Managed to take screenshots of the hilarity and make an album.

http://imgur.com/a/x91g2

This is quality rage. Unless his keyboard was just grimy from all the Cheetos and his cap locks was stuck.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I did it, guys. I peeked behind the pubbie curtain and I am not sure I will ever be the same.

Tier 8 game in my IS-2. My team full of retards sends 1 tank to the west side of Erlenberg, so I hold back and try to cover him as best I can. I get a few shots off and get run over by 4 or 5 tier 8s. Meanwhile our 43% Super Pershing is running his dickhole about how bad I am for dying early. He goes from the mid map and backs literally to the K line and dies last. And of course, he did zero damage. So I had to compliment him on his skills. Below is our full chat. I am still in awe.

Full transcript here-
http://www.pastebin.ca/2898837

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

demonR6 posted:

Be sure to say "My bad I alt-tabbed out to check your stats. Whenever I tab back it just fires. No biggie, you are as terrible as I thought."

Then enjoy the fun.

I am totally trying this one.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Someone teach me to 110. I am loving terrible in it. Far more terrible than I am normally, even. Half my shots seem to bounce, while I bounce almost nothing shot at me. What am I doing wrong?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I doubt he died in his first trip if he got that much XP.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The thing that always pissed me off was shitter platoons. Glancing at the wn8's and individual win rates and realizing that your top 3 heavies are all 41% and in a platoon together was the absolute worst way to start a match. Then of course you'd notice them dying right away, and that flank melting down, and oh god damnit I loving hate this stupid game.

But now, with wn8 off? The match just starts, a flank melts fast, and you die. You end up in the same place, sure, but it's more peaceful. Serene, even.

But if you have XVM on you will know which flank will fold ahead of time, and might be able to do something about it. Even better, you know WHO TO BLAME. Encouraging these idiots to kill themselves, uninstall, remove their genitalia before they pass their substandard genes on, etc is a cheap and entertaining way to pass the time while between arty reloads, for example.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I think Tina Turner wore this thing in Thunderdome.

My take on BA- it is really useful for tight shots. I have found several shots on maps like Himmelsdorf that I just couldn't see/visualize in overhead view. It really gives me tunnel vision though, so I only use it when I need it. Overhead view is fine most of the time, and is actually better (at least for me) when trying to hit a moving tank. BA feels like the field of view is distorted and I can't just speed/distance nearly as well. And what is better than one shotting pubbies on a dead run? The tears, oh the glorious, salty tears.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Wait for Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient. If you are a super fast light, you can get to the bushes in the 1 line midway up the edge of the map and sit quietly. Unless another light drives really close, you are invisible. Sit there until the rest of the enemy lights buzzing around in the middle get blowed up and then you can creep down the 1 line from bush to bush until you find a camping TD or heavy. Let your team destroy him. Repeat.

When I was doing the KV-220 mission I got something like 8900 spotting damage in a tier 10 game (can't remember which light I was in, but it was before the new ones came out). I get over 4k on that map almost every time unless I decide to shoot at anything (or my retard pubbies won't shoot anything). Malinovka is another good one for passive scouting. Even Steppes in some circumstances (although that is more likely to have you actively scouting and dodging rather than passively scouting).

Admittedly it is a lot harder now that there are so many lights in every game, but if you resist the urge to shoot them you can rack it up relatively easily. Of course whenever you get into a light you will see a steady diet of Himmelsdorf, Ensk, and Kharkov, so it might take awhile.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I wish the T-50-2 was still around. That thing was a goddamned riot to speed around in.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Finally my sloth in grinding pays off!

Also, I've 'called' the removal of pref-MM tanks for a while now. :colbert:

Instead of getting rid of pref-mm tanks, they just need to bring tier 12 battles back. Let all the cholera-poo poo red pubbies who failed their way into tier 10s drive around not shooting each other in tier 12 matches and give the poor bastards grinding normal 8s a break.

So with the news of the WTF getting replaced, I have now ground for the following tanks only to get them severely nerfed or removed before I ever used them-

WTF 100
Foch
Foch 155
FV215b 183

I suffered through some loving terrible tanks to unlock these fuckers :negative:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

quote:

Missions & Rewards
Pulling Your Weight

Place in the top 10 XP earners on your team.

Reward: + 30% Credit Increase

Random battles only
Repeatable
Regular vehicles only
Top Contributions

Place in the top 3 XP earners on your team.

Reward:+ 40% Credit Increase (Does stack with prior mission reward, total: + 70% Credit increase)

Random battles only
Repeatable
Regular vehicles only

This seems pretty decent. Wish they included premiums though.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I think I got my first WZ-120 victory in my 10th battle. WN8 keeps going up, win rate keeps flatlining or going down. Am I ready for CHAI yet?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The Southern Dandy posted:

Juffowuppy hit me up. The arty platoon time has come around.

I am around for arty platooning if you can bear playing with a lesser player.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Someone give me the botes channel pw, you bastards. I am sitting in the lobby like a lubber.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

Crossposting from PANSY thread because goddamn:

He has a big house, a boat, and a 35k custom Harley.

You forgot a tiny cock.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Tahirovic posted:

I loving hate you, I've wasted over 4 hours trying to do SPG-15 so far. I often enough manage to be top 3 or even #1 in damage done, but due to retarded spotting mechanics I end up 7th or something stupid on xp earned. So far I've tried it with the T92, M43, T9 brit arty and the LeFH, my other options would be Bishop, GWE100, O261, T10 BC. In one of my T92 games I came within 32xp of making top3 xp, the best LeFH game was 110 damage short of the 2k damage requirement.

Does anyone have a gimmick for SPG-15?

I addition to Magres' excellent advice, you can game XP a bit by waiting for stationary targets to disappear before shooting them. Then you get full XP for the hit. Or so I have been told, and my cursory checks seem to indicate this is true.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Can we call this one a carry? Bonus points for me mocking our 53 55 for spelling missions wrong and him complaining in all chat that I was too busy correcting grammar to help the team. Double bonus points for completing HT-12 with honors. Nice to finally have a decent game in my E-75. I am almost always in a tier 10 and/or terrible in it, which is frustrating because I know it can do this on a regular basis. I just need to play it better.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I had an eventful evening. I watched my Seahawks give away a Super Bowl, got shitfaced, came home and played tanks. Bought my WTF-100 finally, and apparently also bought $100 worth of gold so I could train the crew properly. Lost a full 2 points off of my WN8. Friends don't let friends tank nearly blackout drunk :downs:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

It is hard to find good tentacle rape on TV.

Thankfully.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

It could be anything and I would love it for being "Not the Lorraine".

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

saintonan posted:

Also do not spend actual gold for ammo. In the loadout change the listbox so you pay credits (silver) instead of gold.

But make sure you tell the pubbies you spend gold on it.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

So, this weekend's specials (which are terrible, btw) are in celebration of Sherman's birthday. Please use this information to troll the everloving poo poo out of REBEL, ROWDY, and any other shitstain clan that sports Stars and Bars or masturbates to secession proposals.

e-

Plan Z posted:

Is there a time limit on the individual missions. I'm in the mood to get back into the game for the T28, but I don't know if I missed my chance. Any info I can find online of the IMs is mostly just nerds racing to the reports, with omitted, or plain wrong information.

They have said there is no limit, but they may move on to new sets of missions a few months down the road. You have lots of time.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

After encouraging a Chaffee, an M8A1, and a Crusader to get off the ledge at the north spawn of Mountain Pass, I was accused of being a try hard and told to play higher tiers. It is going to be a long weekend.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

One of the early TD missions for the T28 HTC or whatever the gently caress it is called wants you to damage a module...HE is still the best way to do that I think. Might be why some people are shooting it out of tanks you wouldn't expect.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Well I have just been educated by this shitlord esteemed WoT player. He posits that win rate and stats are meaningless. Further more, win rate is only data, and that I obviously don't know the difference between data and information. And something about TOGs having to fight tiers 7 and 8 (although he was in a Matilda BP at the time, so I have no idea what that was about).

You learn something every day, I guess. At least people who can fog a mirror and point their tank gun at red tanks and click the LMB occasionally can. I am not sure most of the 'players' are even sentient any more.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I don't know what that is but I got so burned out after the wz111 grind I haven't really played and certainly haven't paid attention to cw's since december.

The really cool part is that the WZ-111 is a piece of poo poo.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I've only played 60 games in it but it I have an 86% w/r and 2100 dpg. It's good dood.

Yeah but you are actually good at this game, so that is hardly a proper comparison. How do you use it best? I probably have 20 or so games in it and haven't gotten comfortable yet.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Which is the one they gave away as a reward for the hideous grindy mission a few months back? I have that one (I want to say it is the 62) and it is serviceable.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Burt posted:

I have been going bat poo poo insane today trying to get my MT "kill 2 mediums" mission and LT "spot an SPG". Every game I take the MT out there are no more than 1 medium on the other team and when I take the LT out, you guessed it, no arty.

I did get HT15, combined damage and bounces of over 10k in an IS-7. :smug:

I have completed the first part of HT-15 at least 3 times now, but I want the extra commendation. Unfortunately this means I am dependent on shitlord pubbies to somehow win a game. I think I will give up until I save up for the E-100. Have done it twice in an E-75 and once in a T57, but I think it would be relatively easy in a 100.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

rockopete posted:

Hopefully the TD view range nerf will help there. If there's anything pubbies are truly poo poo at, it's scouting.

Speaking of missions, is anyone else having a bizarrely difficult time getting LT-06 (I think), the one where you need to spot two vehicles before you get spotted?

All of the spotting missions are hugely map dependent. Some days the map rotation makes it nearly impossible to complete some of them.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

NTRabbit posted:

Play the Su-85b until you get Widepark south spawn, park on the hill and aim down the railway line, doesn't take long.

The fun one is trying to get the double hit in the artillery mission without one of the big guns - I finally got Pearl River, preaimed at the middle section where tanks are guaranteed to be jammed up against each other, and not a single loving enemy tank went middle.

Serene Coast is a good one for this too. There are always 3 or 4 heavies piled up on top of each other down by the shore.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Missing Name posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who keeps a kill on sight poo poo list. Reserved for the guys who camp base and complain about losing, or shitlers who spend the whole match stat whining, idiot TDs who shoot allies more than enemies, etc.

My latest addition was a crusader who hid on base the whole time, not bothering to attack or spot the two clusters of enemies. When they started coming to base, he proceeds to run away and take potshots at some tier 6 heavies from the front until he died. 0 damage. Awful replay when I get back to my computer.

I prefer to keep my options open. Last night I complained that our top tank was a 286 WN8 shitlord/bot/4 year old/Down's sufferer. Our 53 55 told me to quit whining, and didn't shut up, so I one shot him in my 1551. We were down 0-6 at the time and on the way to getting rolled, so I thought I would take out some frustrations. His indignant tears were all I could hope for. I logged off in frustration after that (I think I ended up with a win rate of around 30% for the day...all my teams were like this one), so I don't know if he tried to PM me afterwards to threaten me with bans or whatever pubbies imagine will happen when they file a support ticket*

*Hint- nothing. They slavishly stick to the automated system, so if you aren't auto-banned or blue already, you are good to murder any deserving candidates. Doubly so if you are in arty, since those shells can go anywhere :angel:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

srb posted:

I still see "Wallet Warrior" used as an insult about once a month , but it's very rare now that all of the shitters have panic bought E25s.

How dare you allow all these shitlords to play a tanks game for free by supporting it with your wallet, you elitist rear end?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE

This pretty much describes the tournament tonight.

I could have lived my life happily in ignorance that this existed, but NO. I had to click.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

*Creates multiple missions that require passive spotting*
*Runs maps 90% of the time that makes this impossible*
*Is WG*

Seriously, gently caress this poo poo. Every loving map is close quarters and literally impossible to spot tanks before they spot me no matter what my view range. I am on the T28HC missions now and can't even imagine what the requirements will be for the last tank. "Spot 16 tanks without leaving your garage" would be my guess.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Holy loving poo poo, pubbies are just unbelievably stupid.

Northwest, South spawn in my FV304. I am too busy clicking the map and accidentally run into a T67, doing 10 hp of damage to myself and none to him (because he stopped like a retard, but that is besides the point). I drive past and get set up down the hill. He bitches about my harmless ram in chat and then takes a run at me down the hill, ramming me for 40 points. Instead of calling that good, he starts backing up to do it again.

So I blew him up.

He spent the rest of the game just howling about it. I told him not to pick fights he can't win. But WGA is going to send me a warning, because *reasons*.

Honestly...what the everloving gently caress? Yes, I rammed him accidentally, and did no damage (except to his fragile psyche). I seriously don't understand :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I added him to my friends list for further amusement, but then he blacklisted me like 10 minutes later. So mad @ tanks!