Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I've been focusing on the artillery tree, and the bads are in such a rush for their missions that they'll hang themselves out in the open being free fodder. It has been allowing me to really carry the teams to victory.

Also, I don't know what happened, but chat is oddly lacking. Like, no one is really saying anything, not even the usual clan recruitment spams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Victory
Airfield
G.W. E 100
Experience received:1,974 (x2 for the first victory each day) Credits received 43,377
Battle achievements Stark's Medal, Mastery Badge: "III Class"

Repairs: -23 962
Ammunition: -48 000
Consumables: -12 500
Total: -41 085 WN8: 2 023 (75

I keep saying, gw-100 is a nice middle ground of functionality for newer artillery players. Still has a gently caress off gun, just not to the hilarious levels of the t92 and conqgc. Gotta love the armor though. The 13 90 that rushed me ran out his clip with two missed shots, two connected shots and a bounce. Then he drove by hoping he could get away before I reloaded for another shot. I had already shot gunned 3/4th of his health already.

Also, I have so far completed every arty mission with honors :smug:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Magres posted:

It looks like it could be fun if the gun soft stats are excellent and you can play it like a slow Pershing, but yeah it looks kind of lovely

Umm, unless I'm missing something here, you are comparing a t10 medium with a t8 medium.. you know that, right? a t10 medium with the 20pdr is very much no.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I had a mission to do 1k damage to a heavy tank in arty. So I decide to load up the batchat sine I can be an rear end in a top hat and possibly get it. Looking around for anything when suddenly an is7 gets too far ahead of his team and then backs up taking minimal damage. So I lob a shell at him after he backed up and kind of put his front sort of towards me. Apparently the shell landed on his hitting for 1100 damage. I was happy. Secondary was to kill a heavy, and that is-7 revealed himself later to be finished by me as well. Our team lost though because a pair of e-100s refused to group up and tag team an enemy e-100 that wasn't really side scrapping.

Only mission I haven't completed with honors in the arty mission so far has been the killing of two tanks of equal or high tier. I took the lefh out for that one, got my two kills, but my team lost in a horrible way.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Strobe posted:

You can go back and do the mission again to get honors (and the extra credits)

oh, I plan to. Just saying, these missions are easy so far in arty for me. Way too easy. Though, I'm approaching those silly platooning ones which will be interesting to set up. Dandy, you know what we must do soon.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

I had to walk away for a few hours after my bulldog ace. Getting ace on that thing is a major achievement it feels like.

Also, I need to record my little fun with the bat 155 58 earlier today. It was a loss, but I had some comedy time before I died while being the last person. Barged to the enemy base and shotgunned both of their arty before one of the two remaining wte-100s got back to deal with me. I found it hilarious as hell.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
rossmum. I have found your game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsHjGX8pq54

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Looking over some old links, and I discover who these shitlers I've seen in game really are:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007672/

You should infiltrate them hellsau, making them implode would be an improvement. Just look at this fine example of an executive officer:
http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000724601-mickey624/

This person was shared several years ago at being one of the worst players on the NA server. Since then, it seems others have taken the crown at being the worst.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'm glad to see the dispersion thing getting fixed some. There are a few t10 tanks that have decent armor if it wasn't for some obnoxious small weakspot that even a jp-100 or brit 183 variants could shove a shot into without question. On the other hand, I'm worried about artillery. In particular the lower tier minimal splash artillery. They are hard to drive as it is due to the 8.4 accuracy adjustment, bloom values, and the faster pace at those tiers. More near misses is going to cause a lot of free-xp to high tier artillery or at a minimum, everyone playing kv-2s for the s-51.

Also, the crew thing makes me extremely excited. I can recycle some of my t10 loaders into commanders with their two skills. IE, I can recycle them into sixth sense wielding commanders when a new branch is released without wanting to stab my eyes out training up such a crew. The loss of a loader to just 100% is really not that noticed. Radio operator too, but I don't think I have many radio operators in my t10 tanks.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

OSad posted:

Is it bad that I prefer the 17cm over the 21cm Morser on the GW Tiger? I mean, the Morser is big and has a big splash and it can fire AP and such, but it has a gruesome 48-ish second reload time, along with poop aim time and dispersion, it doesn't go well at all with the small gun traverse on the chassis.

The 17cm at least aims with reasonable speed, and has that okay dispersion of .72. But it feels like it has GW Panther levels of DPM and it can't fire AP and oh I just don't know. Get good with the 21cm or is the 17cm okay?

Get good with the 21. You'll be using that same gun at t10 anyway. Traverse is wider, but not a lot. If you really want to fail the pain of aim time + narrow traverse, try out a 212 when test comes up. Even narrower traverse and a higher bloom. The GW Tiger came out ahead a bit when the arty changes happened. It used to feel terrible with that limiting arc compared to the 212. However, they really took a hammer to the 212 and barely touched the gw tiger.

Edit: also, ap is of no concern for you in that tank. Don't even look at it. The accuracy isn't there for it. The bat 155 58 and 261 are the only artillery that can get away with it. However, setting up a single clip of ap on the bat is silly which leaves the 261. Although, I think the bat's is heat and not ap. Still not worth it. Just fire some gold shells and enjoy the splash radius on that 21cm gun.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 22, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Stevefin posted:

I believe in last weekends test client that that the BC's where pretty much the high tier cruisers, though its still up in the air since japan did not have a complete cruiser line, but had a complete battle ship line, while US did not have a battleship line but a complete cruiser line.

They maybe still trying to juggle these sub classes of ships around. It will be interesting to see what they do with Germany, Since after the early years of WWII, its navy just seemed to be swimming with U boats...which wont be in the game, and that they never had an aircraft carrier presence

Ummm, the jap tree had a complete cruiser line. The final one looks kind of over powered too. It was a do everything boat. And not just small stuff.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Stevefin posted:

I don't think they showed off the entire Japan Cruiser line for the beta testers, as the cruisers where cut off at Tier 4 where everyone else could go to Tier 5, since they had complete lines.

The tech trees were all there. No one in any branch or any nation could go past tier 5 during the weekend. I guess you thought since it stopped at tier 4, it was over for the japs. They had a tier 10, just they didn't have a tier 5 to fill in between. Either they do, or it'll just cost a boatload (heh) of xp to make the leap.

Either way, I can't wait to get back to playing my us porcupine cruiser. That thing was hilarious.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When I referred to pref-MM premiums being 'removed,' I meant in the sense that I 'called' that they're probably done making premiums that will have it.

It's a pity - I might've bought an IS-5, but even with a buffed D-25T it still just isn't good enough. They should have made a Russian T34/Lowe out of it. No preferential, but enough of a big fuckoff gun to make it worth the price of admission.

Hell, in that same vein, I'm still wondering how a slightly armor buffed is-6 couldn't have been a t9 using that is8/st-1/is4 122. That said, I don't see the issue of a 221pen d25t. Accuracy is poo poo, sure, but 122mm alpha is still going to deliver the same amount of gently caress you as any other t9 and most t10 heavy tanks. I think the e-100 is the only heavy that isn't a 120mm variant at t10. Is-7 is 130 I suppose.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey, I got a quick and interesting question. How different would these missions be if the US server ran around like the RU server does? Do you think it would be easier or harder?

Also, for those looking at the heavy tank cap fast mission, it might be easier to turn on encounter and run it down that way.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Get good with the 21. You'll be using that same gun at t10 anyway. Traverse is wider, but not a lot. If you really want to fail the pain of aim time + narrow traverse, try out a 212 when test comes up. Even narrower traverse and a higher bloom. The GW Tiger came out ahead a bit when the arty changes happened. It used to feel terrible with that limiting arc compared to the 212. However, they really took a hammer to the 212 and barely touched the gw tiger.

Edit: also, ap is of no concern for you in that tank. Don't even look at it. The accuracy isn't there for it. The bat 155 58 and 261 are the only artillery that can get away with it. However, setting up a single clip of ap on the bat is silly which leaves the 261. Although, I think the bat's is heat and not ap. Still not worth it. Just fire some gold shells and enjoy the splash radius on that 21cm gun.

Hah, Speaking of public test, tanks 9.6 test has arrived. I wonder what the turnout is going to be like this weekend for them though.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/96-public-test/

quote:

New HD quality vehicle models:
Löwe, Ferdinand, E100, Tiger (P), T95, Object 704, AMX 50 B
yay?

Hahahahaha, oh my god. The walker bulldog walks away pretty much unscathed. Just load up the autoloader and laugh. Inter drum was untouched. 4s more to reload the drum. Nothing concerning gun handling or view range was changed.

On the other hand, the t71 got buffed. improved aim time and reduced dispersion.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 23, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
drat, I was hoping botes would start at midnight, but looks like it'll be at noon. I was so set and ready to go too.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Valle posted:

I'm not afraid! I mean, since you're in arty, you'll probably just miss :v:

I dunno, I have made some very angry artillery players recently. Something about getting shotgunned by a full speed 155 58 does that..

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

OSad posted:

I actually like the fog-of-war in certain normal maps idea. It's kinda interesting.

I don't know the effects since it's on test, but I imagine it would encourage teams to play more cautiously and rely more on their lights.

Actually, fog of war on encounter and assault would be interesting.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Personally I think having fog of war in pubs would be horrific. It would require you to rely even more on your team in addition to creating a huge gap in a knowledge of how to approach the map. By virtue of knowing what you are facing at least you can up your chances a bit. Not knowing what is on the other side could mean "hmmm I've been spotted" *immediately arty starts raining on you* or "cool a light/medium" *pokes out eats jpze100 shell*

That is no different than cw is now. Of course you are dealing with 12-14 clueless other teammates unlike cw, but it should up things a bit.

Edit: 9.6 can't come soon enough. The challenger sucks rear end, the achilles was better, but still sucks. All I want is a drat commander with sixth sense before I stick them into a charioteer. I'm also tempted to just free xp the last 50k xp out of my tortoise to the 183 so I can mess around with pubbies in it as well. Particularly for mission stuff.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Victory
Erlenberg
T110E3
Experience received:3,272 (x2 for the first victory each day) Credits received 100,602
Battle achievements Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

Repairs: -19 658
Ammunition: -28 550
Total: 52 394 WN8: 3 957 (100)

God drat do I love this tank. Note the credits is also because I finished one of the of the td missions (do more damage than your hp one). Also, now that I'm running the war thunder sound pack, I have to ask. What happened to Wargaming's sound team going around and recording the various tank sounds?

Edit: actually, it was the 1.4x credit mission it seems (top contributor). Interesting.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

Juffowuppy hit me up. The arty platoon time has come around.

Now that I'm here, you are not!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Stevefin posted:

They seem to do three times damage to destroyers compared to battleships...so I guess use them for taking our destroyers?

Destroyers also seem to have a harder time dodging them too.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
My only problem which may be a memory leak issue was that after awhile, the voices for my squadrons stopped working. Music stopped too I think. SFX was still going though, so it was an interesting play at that point.

Also, strobe, dive bombers get better once you upgrade away from the crappy biplanes. They probably only used 100lb bombs which is why they seemed to hit for so little to you.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 24, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Finally spent the time in MM to float around in the Langley. Thanks for the tip Juffo. First round kept the fighters nearby the BBs and then jumped their torp bombers. Shot the whole wing down. Brought them back....did it again. 8 air kills then a DD and a BB. Hilarious watching those biplanes nuke things.

Yeah, a properly played carrier is amazing and very rewarding. However, the amount of multitasking it requires is going to gently caress a lot of teams when the retard squad starts playing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
btw for you carrier pilots. Make sure the mash the w key a few times at the start of the match along with changing course. The autopilot only boats at half speed. And yes, you can recover and launch your planes at full speed while turning for whoever asked. I never noticed this before, but realized it near the end of the t6 grind. The autopilot will still operate btw, just now you will be going full speed to better keep up with your team instead of being left on the other side of the map from them.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Artless Meat posted:

That feeling when you have 2 squads of torp bombers execute a perfect attack from 2 different sides is great. Usually the pubbie just locks up and eats every single torpedo.

I've pulled a perfect yamato attack a few times. Dive bombers in first followed by a prong attack of torps. It was amazing to watch.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Well you have the tanks that can lead up to great things I thinks. The IS-4 is a thing, certainly. But the E5 is a better thing. I never had a problem playing my 103 as a 9. It's no E75, but it can be great.

I think you are confused. The is-3 leads to the is-8 (which he asked about along with the 103) and that ends with the is-7. The is-4 comes from the st-1.

Personally though, I didn't like the is-8. Gun didn't feel that great just like the armor.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I think we should back to talking about botes. Wargaming released a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcb8G2jqGg

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ledif posted:

NA Server appears to be getting the 1g -> 35xp (40% bonus) special this weekend. Glad I held off on using some of my gold yesterday.

Cool, I had been thinking about just free-xping the last 60k xp on the tortoise for the fv 183. Mainly because I know it'll help with some of the td missions.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Vengarr posted:

That Yamato video was put back up again if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiLYz95MBI

Ichase also just uploaded another video, this one focusing on destroyers and cruisers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqXn5RJTgc

The only problem I have with his talk about cruisers is that he only mentions the fact the us ships aren't as flexible and just more durable compared to the japanese. However, he doesn't point out the fact that american cruisers have the ability to completely shut down carriers just because of their thick aa screens. Both are just as flexible, but in different roles. If you can aim your torps and such well, I'd agree the japs are pretty good, but if you are just going to run guns anyway, the americans are awesome at ripping up carrier squadrons while shadowing your team. You wouldn't believe the number of enemy battleships I have had to let be because there was an american cruiser shadowing the guy fouling up my torp bomber runs every time.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Confirming that this works. The link for NA is http://worldofwarships.com/en/cbt/game_download/1. You need to be logged in to your Wargaming account before you can download it.

Edit: Holy poo poo the Kitakami! All those torpedoes! :captainpop:

Nope, still doesn't work for me. Guess I wasn't one of the lucky few.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Also, in a surprise to me, the GW E-100 is joining the W-100 on the scrapheap apparently, and being replaced by something called a Grille 30 or 42 with a 305mm or 420mm mortar.

I don't know why they would do anything to the gw 100. Unless they feel every t10 arty has to be big damage. The gw 100 sits in the happy medium of a functionally reliable gun on a defensive focused hull. It is the only arty to take out if you feel the enemy arty will be countering you in a match. Also, that new reload is going to make it be just as useful as the t92 and cgc in random battles.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

After playing last beta weekende, I JUST learnt that torpedoes from torpedo planes can be launched manually. And I was being a retard, trying to fly them coming in from the right direction and at the right angle because simply clicking on a ship and letting the planes do the work by themselves was a sure way to waste a bunch of torpedoes. I was making it so hard on myself for nothing. :argh:

Thanks for this video, I know better for the next one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvvqUvars0

Also, this guy gets some pretty drat nice hits with his BB from a long distance.

I knew you could manually drop torps, but I kept struggling with it, so I never bothered versus the auto drop stuff. With this though, I'd probably do a lot better. Also, I forgot/didn't realize you could window select multiple squads to fly together like that.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Rorac posted:

Hey, check it. They've brought back the RNG videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4OGbtCljik

Elbow slamming in a kv-5 is always the best thing to do in a kv-5

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Quit quoting work to me, don't you know that's my trigger!

[e]: also if this thread could refer to "me" as arty/arties/artyself that'd be pronoun perfect, thanks

hey now, don't steal all the lime light.

Also, I apparently need to upload some bat 155 58 replays. Yesterday, I went for a one on one brawl with another bat 188 58. Poor fucker got shotgunned. That makes 5 artillery I have shotgunned in that tank to date. gently caress all the haters, bat owns.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Well, since I have been dealing with the most amazing dredges of pubbie intelligence tonight, at least something good came out of it.

It is great to be an arty player. Best way to piss off your team. Also, my team was one less a tier 10 compared to the enemy team. We also had a tiger h, awful panther, and a 13 75 platooned together. Thus, we were down a bunch of firepower/hp pool over the enemy team. The leo killed happened very early which allowed my team to refocus back to the proper issue of winning the match. Thank god they did that.

A few games earlier, this happened too:

Baby's first mark :3:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

warcrimes posted:

-said every bad pubbie everywhere

Eh, I always liked the 150 on the roomba more myself. Spot, gently caress some poo poo up, then back into hiding before taking damage thanks to the camo prior to firing. I thought it worked well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
New ranzar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDdcSaYmwtM

I swear this sounds like this thread at times. Also, pubbies at large.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Can the E-50 even mount a short 75? I've seen Pattons with short 105s though, those are always a riot. Also when the IS-4 became tier 10, a few people would drive it with the D-25, not realizing they got the top gun for free.

Or they didn't get the top gun for free because they were still losing their way towards it when the conversion happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sarmhan posted:

It happens all the time and it's hilarious (It's me).

The only time that happened to me was when I tried to use the rudder lock controls on a cruisers. Do no use rudder lock controls on a cruiser. It works perfectly for a battleship, but not as much on a cruiser.