Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Ensign Expendable posted:

I was considering "per aspergers as statsra" but it didn't sound as good.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
34m seems ok. I'm not sure if there's anything redeeming about the Grosstractor though. I want there to be something. I have TOG, I like big retarded tanks, but at least the TOG's gun is decent and it has lots of HP with limited MM. GT seems to have nothing going for it.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

DoubleWelp posted:

I have the urge to play my EU account again. Can I get an invite to 2PAC as DWelp?

If you haven't played a battle recently, have someone invite you to return via refer a friend - you get bonus XP when platooning with your inviter

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Such a good time to have a 38H:

96 hits taken - 1 penned for 6 damage. 858 damage blocked by armour :killdozer:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Ahahaha:

Got the WT-100 a couple of days ago... :stare:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

7XIV never bothered sending a reply. Does that mean I win?

A pubbie got mad at me last night - he did the standard PM and ignore, but I had time to thank him for his sarcastic comments before he closed the chat window. Evidently this gnawed at him, because about an hour later he unignored me and messaged me again with the excellent comeback he had been thinking up ("learn to play, kid") before ignoring me again. I think that means I won.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
On the subject of arty, did the Personal missions have a tier limit? Wondering if I should buy a GW Tiger while it's on sale, I rage sold it back when the big arty nerf hit and I dunno if the FV304 and LeF will cut it for missions.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
This is one of the stranger things I've seen in chat recently:

New page, eh? Well I might as well repost this:

Darkrenown posted:

On the subject of arty, did the Personal missions have a tier limit? Wondering if I should buy a GW Tiger while it's on sale, I rage sold it back when the big arty nerf hit and I dunno if the FV304 and LeF will cut it for missions.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, the fastest cap:

We lost, I hope that was the 5* for many in the opposing team.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Is there a weird new motion blur in this patch? Everything gets very blurred when I'm driving at speed, even before I start drinking.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Captainplankface posted:

Has anyone gotten the Panther 8.8 yet, how is it? Apparently it's mobility soft stats are great, making it just as if not more mobile than the FCM. Good job on the transparency wargaming :doh:

Apparently the Chi-Nu Kai has a high XP modifier too. Shame this is shown nowhere!

quote:

- according to WG developers, Chi-Nu Kai has following advantages: good mobility, good gun, good viewrange and is VERY good at grinding, even during losses

Also, lol at the Hitlerpanther price cut. Maybe we'll go back to being able to play new prems on the test server now?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

rockopete posted:

Pantherchat:
The Panther 8.8 costs exactly twice as much as the Warcrime (M10) Panther (barring discounts)

Warcrime costs 5,750
Panther88 costs 7,300

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Archie and I:

Agreeing with what was said earlier, it really can't carry. And it really sucks to run into someone as you zoom about in reverse, you'll take at least one hit while you rotate. Possibly the most annoying thing though? There's no button to lock your gun while driving, so if you don't want it swinging around retardedly you gotta hold RMB the whole time. Luckily there's a solution to this:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Descar posted:

didnt it just get an armor buff and reload buff? i think its pretty good now.

I quite like it these days, and it's great when you get to HESH a waffle or similar. A 13 90 got super annoyed and called me a gold pussy noob or something like that here:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1480490
(In retrospect I probably could have HESHed that STA-1 to poo poo too, but I was worried about his tracks and wussed out)

While I'm posting replays I may as well go all out.
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1480502
Object 430 Version II Siegfried Line. I gently caress up and almost get killed, but luckily bounce a Roomba shot and go on to win. Trigger warning: I fire HE at the Roomba.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1480514
Redshire encounter. The T-54 of course just shits out amazing games - I liked this one because it was great fun, missed a shot at arty? gently caress it, ramming speed! Then the end with the JT and KV-5 was pretty fun too

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1480526
Fjords. Played like poo poo and just bumbled about in the Obj 140, still ended up with 6 kills. It's a good tank.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Well to be fair, that doesn't show that the Archer is bad, rather your teams are garbage. Half of your team doing 0 damage doesn't mean the tank you're driving is bad, or can't carry; it just means you ran into a bunch of quixperiencers.

Being hosed when your teams suck is the definition of can't carry, surely? Of course, I played more games than those, but as soon as you're not in the ideal "In a good position with lots of targets" situation (And it's pretty good in those situations! Nice wide traverse, powerful gun, seems to have good camo) the tank just becomes a massive pain to play. Admittedly I did want to hit T6 ASAP so my games would start counting toward the WZ-111 mission, so if it wasn't for that I might have stuck with the Archer longer.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

To say nothing of the fact that the -122-54 is a 'rare' tank, so you'll be hunted by the other team mercilessly - especially by the arty.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to grind out the Soviet and US tokens and spend :10bux: x 4 to just get the WZ-111. That'd make it $50 (since I bought the Japan token last month/year) for quite possibly the best T8 premium in the game tied with the Type 59.

Huh? When the the 111 go from "Eh, it's a 112 that doesn't burn so much" to "quite possibly the best T8 premium in the game"?

Atomizer posted:

Eh, it's one thing to have to carry your team, but when half your team is actually playing for the enemy it's a whole other ballgame. Considering you can't take out your Benedict Arnolds without penalty.... I mean it's one thing to carry your team against 15 enemies, but when you have to do it against 20+, you can't honestly expect any tank to carry that hard.

I'm spoiled by having been playing a lot of T-54 games recently, which totally can :unsmigghh:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
"I guess I'll give Japan a shot, they did ally with the glorious German master race..."

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Aced the FV4002 while playing like poo poo. 1200ish base XP seems low for an ace, but I'll not complain.
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1484226#fjords-darkrenown-fv4202

Some interesting things though, a sub 50% player in an IS-3 out-damaged me while I was getting an Ace in a T10, we both got confederate (had this happen a few days ago too) - which I thought was one per match, and our stat-padded Unicum Fatton killed our arty somehow early (I assume he blocked his shell with his barrel, maybe someone with an unlocked camera can confirm?) on and never said a word.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

They shoot mostly AP or HE, because shooting HEAT is unaffordable without running one of the high credit generating premiums (T34/Lowe/122-44) on a 1 for 1 basis, probably 3 for 1 given how bad most people are at everything. dishonourable and only for gold pussy noobs :downs:

FTFY

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Jack_tripper posted:

yeah, one of the biggest problems in the game is that new players think low tiers are obstacles to be raced through instead of "how to play tanks" lessons

It's hardy helped by the Refer a friend program catapulting them through at 3 times the speed.

Poil posted:

TLDR: Clicking red tanks is hard. :saddowns:

Just playing more helps, both fighting them and going up new lines to play them - you end up with a pool of tanks data sloshing behind your eyes at all times. Although admittedly just a few days days ago I raced into a close encounter with a WZ-121 in a T9 med because I was thinking "Oh, a T-21, that's a easy kill" :saddowns:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
FFS - took the FV 215b out for a spin: Roomba shot me in the front for over 400 damage with HE :(

E: Speaking of HE:

:stare:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 3, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Oh hey, just scouting:

Also, Bulldog chat: I started out using the autoloader, then the best single shot gun, but tonight I switched back to the autoloader and I think I prefer it:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1490967#ensk-darkrenown-m41_walker_bulldog
Would have been 9 kills, but twice people killed tanks I was clipping when they had sub-100 HP - bah!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

:lol:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I had this guy on my team last night, he might be the worst player in WoT:
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/souras/500058639/
Points of special interest are how all his graphs are going steadily downwards, and how he has a 39% WR in the VK4005B with over 1000 games :wtc:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Uh, are you using the 105? If so, stop that, or just accept you'll suck for a while. If you have the 120 you should be able to hurt both E100s and IS7s frontally by aiming at the normal weakspots with AP, and your 340 pen HEAT will go right through E100 turret faces and any parts of the IS7's UFP you can get a flatish angle on. Remember to keep your turret pointed dead at threats if you must stay in view, cause the turret cheeks are quite soft. The M103 and indeed the E5 are pretty much all about being smooth driving tanks that deliver that fairly nice 120mm gun to the right places though, if you can't hurt T10s with the 120 you probably aren't going to enjoy the E5.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
T57: Do people generally find AP is enough or load HEAT erry day? 258 mm pens isn't bad or anything, but bounces suck when you're autoloading.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Jack_tripper posted:

uhh that guy has a 900 wn8, he's practically a unicum compared to the guy I was blessed with earlier as a top tier heavy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/reelglory/1007168029/

800 games, average tier 7.47, 92 wn8; not a bot, just an atrocious player hopping from tank to tank and ruining the chances of any team he lands on

He had 35k games to build up is amazing WN8 numbers though! Newby McBuysallprems is terrible in his own way, but there's a special kind of awful you need to be to play 35,000 matches in a game and still be considerably worse than a bot.

In other news, FTR reports that the xmas 8bit mode crashes the poo poo out of mods - so watch out for that whenever it starts on NA/EU.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Ahaha, wow. So on the RU server Winter mode came with "hidden missions" (because the problem with missions is that you can see what you need to do ingame and work towards it, right?). Long story short they were totally hosed up and players have been earning hundreds of thousands of XP, 3-4k per game with games lasting ~ 5 mins and a crew XP multiplier on top. Don't worry though, these terrible bugs will be fixed before it goes live on the EU or NA servers.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
^^^ The 111 mission is nice for that actually. Oh, my team is doing something loving retarded? gently caress it, I got 4 kills.

apseudonym posted:

Researched:T-54 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 142000. Free Experience spent: 0.

My first tier 9 :getin:

The best T9 :ussr:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Fairly spergy question if anyone knows:
Was the German flak 88 gun designed to be able to engage tanks/bunkers etc as well as being an AA gun, or was its handy-dandy double use simply discovered during its use in the Spanish civil war - presumably they were operating on a tight budget there and might have just made do, then found it to be pretty useful? I thought the former, but I haven't been able to find anything proving it. A good source either way would be very useful.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
There were some though. Plus there's always bunkers and other ground targets - the flak 18 was certainly used against such targets in the Spanish Civil war, before Matilda 2's were a problem, although I agree it would have been massive overkill vs T-26s.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Some guy got super mad at me in a match and continually made fun of my stats. Since I was busy carrying the match I messaged him afterwards to ask why he was stat-shaming me with much worse stats. The conversation was weird:

quote:

Darkrenown (02:11:17) hello!
Darkrenown (02:11:22) I was curious
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:24) hello
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:37) why u have almost 70% using only gold ammo ? :)
Darkrenown (02:11:40) did you not look at my stats before calling me a noob or are you really dumb?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:53) u have 70% gold ammo only shots
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:11:57) :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:02) in my mod i see this
Darkrenown (02:12:11) you have a faulty mod then
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:13) kid hahah u are so weak
Darkrenown (02:12:19) did not fire a single goal round thatr match
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:26) no no this mod is very good :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:32) u shame now ?
Darkrenown (02:12:51) how many times did I shoot you with gold then?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:12:52) hahha 68,41 % u shot only with gold :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:09) i have only 2 % and this is skill proffesionalist
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:17) u are so weak
Darkrenown (02:13:19) wow, you are deluded
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:13:39) omfg stats is not all u dont know how to shot only old and autoaim so hard lol :D
Darkrenown (02:13:52) if I send you my replay will you watch it, see I fired no gold, and apologise?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:12) with no gold u stats running down kid down :) 500 dmg per battle 3000 pers rating u have ;)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:25) and who is better ofc me ;)
Darkrenown (02:14:29) ok, so you admit you are bullshitting then?
Darkrenown (02:14:47) you could have me reply and 100% prove I was using gold
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:48) u are so weak lol in ltracktor u shot with gold ammo too loool
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:55) in 6 %
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:14:59) :)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:03) hahhaha
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:21) and what it this skill ? :) no kidding :)
Darkrenown (02:15:25) I don't even have gold loaded in my ltrackor
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:28) pfff
Darkrenown (02:15:33) you are just makng up poo poo
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:15:46) but i see all u type tank how much shot with gold ammo :)
Darkrenown (02:15:57) what's the name of this mod then?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:08) haha u want this huh
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:16) its a beta yet
Darkrenown (02:16:18) no, I want you to fail to produce it
Darkrenown (02:16:22) then I will laugh at you
Darkrenown (02:16:25) more so
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:32) sure ;)
Darkrenown (02:16:52) hey - what do I fire the most gold from?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:16:55) ok bb noob play lego kid or mario more codes immortality as gold here ;)
Darkrenown (02:17:41) you're retarded
Darkrenown (02:17:45) just FYI
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:17:50) 73 high calibers with gold ammo :P
Darkrenown (02:17:52) and talking 100% bullshit
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:17:55) hahaha
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:17:59) ofc kid ;)
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:05) thrue hurt u ?
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:19) hahha 73 high calibers lol u rly so weak
Darkrenown (02:18:22) the "thrue"? no, no it doesn't
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:33) no ok think that bb
GloomyHarvesterOfAbyss (02:18:37) ;)

I shot the guy once in the match, using AP - I was just baffled why he'd made up such an insane story.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I'm all for firing all gold and/or claiming the same - but his crazy claim to know my account wide gold usage threw me and I instead wanted to catch him out in his stupid lie.

Also! Just met this guy:

He was in his T57 heavy, with 1100 games and a 40% w/r. He's at 44% overall after 17k games :psyduck:

E: CAPFAST! :hurr:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 11, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

And why weren't you claiming to be paying real cash for your 100% gold shells? And why didn't you tell him that you actually use secret super-premium shells that cost double but always pen?!? It's like you don't know how to troll! :psyduck:

Goddamnit, because the pubbie's insane mad up gold round tracker was a lot funner than the standard "all gold" troll :argh:
Fine!

E:

Why do these loving idiots keep CAPFASTING :(

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 12, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

Does experience from elite tanks do anything if you don't convert it?

Just in case you don't know, if you don't plan to convert XP you may as well check the Extra crew training box to plough earned XP into your crew skills instead of stacking up on the tank forever.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
You could, I suppose, but that is going to rack up retraining costs - unless you mean using a premium tank that any crews of the same nation/class can drive without retraining. More generally it's for tanks you plan to keep past eliting them so you get sweet crewskills faster.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 13, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

So I kinda had an amazing game in the T-54. Highlights include clanmates stealing a rad walt from me, shenanigans against two arty and not taking damage somehow.

It was lucky you had that 47% Obj 420II to coach you through the hard parts.

Do you/others normally go to the Ruinberg centre like you did early on? I was convinced red tanks would pop out of any of 3 lanes and explode you, but for some reason no one bothered until that SP got you in the rear end, but by then the main road was mostly empty.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I sadly did not read the totally pro advice the 430 was giving me. What did he say?

Oh you know, vital information like that you should kill the T69 when you were driving about looking for it, pinging the map, recommending you kill the AT-15 etc. It taught me a lot about the game.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is there a site that offers arty strategies?
For example, best placement options for maps with lots of structures or obstacles.

FTR posted some guy's arty guide(s) recently, maybe check that? No idea how useful it is, didn't read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

I've got my first SPG, what are the most important mods for it?

also, is there a faster way to scroll the map in arty mode?

hold ctrl (unless I mean shift) and right click on the minimap to jump to that section.