Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rothmog posted:

When is this coming out?

It just hit supertest, so I'd say no earlier than 9.7, though I guess 9.6 is possible since they don't let us plebs test new premiums on the test server anymore, they don't want us to know if they're good or bad before dropping the money for them on live.

No idea about the Fury and Tiger

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Refried Noodle posted:

The E4 seems nice and I want one. I've seen Sirfoch (streamer) play it like a squishy heavy with a ridiculous gun and it works like a charm. I have no idea about CW-usefulness though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvwij7H8jU

If you're not interested in CW, then it should be comforting for you to know that CW viability is not the only measure of a tank, and the T110E4 is a pretty good pub stomper. Certainly much better than the E3 when you don't get to choose a narrow lane map like Himmelsdorf all the time.

The IS-7 is also quite a god pub stomper.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The gun is fine, and it's perfectly viable in pubs, as is pretty much anything that can poo poo out a reasonably-accurate large-caliber wad of 'gently caress you.'

I've just never seen anyone clamor to bring it (or have it brought) into a platoon or T10 company/stronghold.

As I understand it nobody wants to bring the FV215b(183) or W-100 to anything clannish either, but they still both boss the gently caress out of pub matches on account of being able to utterly annihilate every tier 8 and 9 in the game with only a 5% chance of a single effective retaliation shot, and are still readily capable of loving up the not so great tier 10s, and the better tier 10s driven by not so great players.

In contrast the E-100 is the go-to clan stuff tank (still? I think?), but is fairly pointless to drive in pubs because, while it's still powerful, it's so ridiculously expensive to fire the mandatory HEAT shells all battle that there's no point to driving one unless you're really, really into the thing.

Object 140 is boss at both clan and pub though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The E4 loads slow and doesn't a great lot going for it besides having a turret which happens to one of the best things a TD can have. So you can work around its limitations.

The E4 is for the driver who can't afford to run the E-100

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Waffles and FVs can ruin a single tank if they blunder into them without support, but that's where it usually ends. The FV is like Maus speed now and has a gunner with epilepsy. The WT is almost impossible to miss and everybody and their mother is going to focus it if it's spotted. With all the BA arty around they don't have very long in the open.

You make it sound like there's teamwork and coordination in pub matches; these two vehicles will annihilate the first tier 8 or 9 vehicle they see, usually from a long standoff distance, and the buffed 215b front is quite difficult to pen now in case it doesn't finish you, while most times the 100 will actually kill you before you finish aiming at it. Even better, after the first tank dies most pubbies are so terrified they will refuse to advance while it is reloading, and instead stop and hide. This also presupposes they actually get spotted when shooting, which they typically don't until well into the battle. I don't actually recall the last time I saw a deathstar do sub-3k damage with an orange driver, and even green drivers are typically throwing down 6k damage a battle when I see them. Only the reds seem to be able to gently caress it up often enough to be noteworthy

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Soviet Space Dog posted:

The best pub stomping T10 TD is the E-100, unless you doing a mission that explicitly requires TDs.

The E-100 costs too many credits to use, even with premium, that's why the E4 is the poor mans E-100

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

I make money in my E100 firing 100% Gold.

Steps to achieve this:

1. Maintain 85% hit rate
2. Win

You mean 85% damage rate, not hit rate, HEAT shells have a tendency to vanish into spaced armour and tracks despite best efforts, plus occasional bounces.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

Don't fire HEAT into spaced armor and tracks then?

So you're saying skip the shot in order to reload AP? Because that's not a quick reload time

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Overwined posted:

Who loving cares if you lose a couple thousand credits in a T10 match? Drive an FCM or Type 59 once and pay for 10 T10 battles worth of losses. I'm an abject shitter myself and when I played I lost money on only the bottom 20% of my lovely matches.

Because for me it's 2 average battles or 1 great battle in a T34 to make up for an E-100 loss, it's not just a couple thousand credits. Just not sustainable when I really want to be playing a tier 10 in tier 10 battles, not a tier 8 in tier 10 battles, not to mention i'm still 40 million credits short of buying everything i have unlocked.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

No? Just hold your shot. You don't HAVE to fire if you know that what you're currently aiming at is going to for sure bounce/not pen.

Wait till your opponent makes a mistake or shoot at something else.

Well that's totally absurd, what if it's either shoot HEAT at the side of an IS-3/7 or lose your artillery to it and potentially the game? That's ok, I'm holding my shot waiting for a better opportunity.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

Sounds like you've already lost in the situation you first described.

Welcome to pub games, how long has it been since you played one?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

Yesterday? What's your point? You can't win every game. Just try to swing the odds in your favor as much as possible by platooning, aiming, etc.

Which doesn't remotely change the fact that shooting all gold from an E-100 is too expensive to pub in frequently. Doesn't matter where you go or what you do, teams suck, packet loss sends shells into the distance, shells inexplicably bounce on things they overmatch, damage vanishes into subsystems. You're either winning at a credit loss, or throwing matches because you hold off waiting too long for the perfect shot.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

RandomPauI posted:

Anyone else going to give the personal missions a try?

With free tanks on the line, absolutely

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The problem with the Foch is that it was the last of the "top of the tree" tier 9 TDs added to the game, so it was balanced by the old standard against the Jagdtiger, T95, T30 and Object 704.

Then what, less than a month later, or was it two months? They completely changed tack, and decided "Let's add tier 10 TDs that have the biggest, most gently caress off guns imaginable that can pen and kill everything in sight", and suddenly not only did the scrappy little terrier of a TD with the worst gun balanced by great armour lose its reason for existing, they had nowhere to go with the tier 10 but autoloader... which they proceeded to also make too strong, and then had to nerf.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At least you only have to complete 225 of them to get the T-55A :thumbsup:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Good thing they removed the literal best map in the game. Wouldn't want people to have fun.

How can people have fun if they aren't able to play esports down 3 lanes on a map?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Valle posted:

Shitlord medium

I had exactly the same thing earlier, except it resulted in my WZ-131 team killing the blue who should have known better T49 because he did it as I was firing, and the Tiger (p) I had on toast survived, killed me with help and went on to win the battle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm at the TD mission where you need to do critical damage and not have critical damage yourself at the end of the battle, and so far between my E3, E4 and Foch I've done about 12k damage without scoring a critical hit, not including the damage in games where I didn't meet the other half of the criteria. This includes my E4 slam dunking a really bad W-100 for three shots into the gun shield, nada.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

players, rigging the individual missions will be banned

I believe that means anyone who earns an Object 260 is going to be banned

Fat Jesus posted:

I played 2 battles and did 2 missions with a T71 and in the 2nd one a Tiger I hid at the back of Siegfried line near J1 after landing 1 or 2 shots (he did like 350ish damage) so I'm going to guess there's a heavy mission to land a shot and not get shot right?

HT11 - deal at least 1000 damage while (at battle’s end) having no internal modules damaged or destroyed and no crew dead (destroy two enemy vehicles)

That's the closest so no, I think you just had a garden variety shitler

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So apparently tracks don't count as a destroyed module for TD2, gg wargaming you hopeless fucks

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's official, like we expected any different, the 4202 is a straight swap for the Action X Centurion with no freebie

quote:

The vehicle according to video has following characteristics:

Weight: 44,75 tons
Engine: 510 hp
Power-to-weight: 11,39 hp/t
Hull traverse: 40 deg/s
Maximum speed: 35 km/h

Hitpoints: 1400
Hull armor: 50/50/31
Turret frontal armor: 170mm
Viewrange: 390m

Gun: 20pdr
Penetration: 226/258/102
Damage: 230/230/?
Aimtime: 2,6s
Accuracy: 0,35
Elevation: -10/+20
Turret traverse: 36 deg/s

Not that you'd want it with stats like that

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thylacine posted:

I'm having an impossible time killing a light tank with my t69 :/

Try driving a tier 4 medium, that low you're more likely to see more light tanks to shoot at

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They just need to turn off the ability to achieve missions on west, because the hopeless fucks in Minsk have found a new way to let the hopeless fucks on the US west coast take West into uncharted territory, well beyond the level of worst tanks server on the planet it was already at.

loving E-50 using the needle gun because it shoots faster so he can damage more targets, while sitting on the back map edge, gently caress off and stick your head in an oven.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

In game terms it got punished pretty hard when they introduced tier 10 TDs and mediums, same as the T95 and Foch, because their gimmicks were all built around some variation of superior frontal armour, which are now pretty much invalidated by guns with 370mm pen

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

I've been so loving dead to the world for the last few weeks that I can scarcely remember which game I'm playing, let alone how to play it.

Tanks is the one where you point your front at the enemy, Botes is the one where you point your side at the enemy :mil101:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I tried driving artillery 5 times yesterday for the 500 and unspotted mission, and every single time almost my entire team went down one side of the map and an enemy light tank had a free and easy run down the other.

My favourite was El Haluf south spawn, where our T-43 parked in that protected road down to the river mouth lost a sit still and shoot at each other battle with an ELC AMX, before it and 6 other lights and mediums simply drove up the hill and into our base, unimpeded by the JT88 who chose to hide around a corner rather than pin them down.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Presented without comment, a photographic series;

entitled "Tank Destroyers? Missions? Maps? West."

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It's very bad when a same tier auto-loader scout can clip you when you can't clip them back when your role is pretty much the same.

The autoloader Bulldog will do a good job of wrecking every single light tank in the field bar a well driven 13 90. If I see one close in my WZ-131 I tend to fire once and then gently caress off in the opposite direction asap, because I simply don't stand a chance of getting in enough shots to kill it first.

Also the most pointless thing in the game is trying to drive a tier 7 scout on a narrow lane map with 6 tier 10 mediums on the other side. Such a loving waste of my time.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Proposal: The WZ-111 1-4 has variable armour generated by the server each time you enter a battle

Evidence:
Battle 1: Facing a mixture of front on, angled, and with the rear sometimes partially up a slope decreasing the front angle, the WZ-111 1-4 bounces approx 3k damage from an Obj. 268 shooting AP, a top gun ST-I shooting HEAT, a top gun Tortoise shooting AP, and a top gun T28p shooting AP

Battle 2: With the same mix of angling, a rushing IS-6 not terribly familiar with the concept of aiming puts 4 AP shots through the pike and turret front, and a top gun Caernarvon rounds out the remainder of the damage through the front pike with AP, no bounces recorded

Conclusion: gently caress Chinese tanks that aren't the WZ-131 and 132

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atal Vataman posted:

lol you must love being wrong. also, bad

Congratulations on posting nothing to refute or support actual achieved results, you're an idiot

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

demonR6 posted:

I just unlocked the Amagi and probably won't get some sweet sweet Yamato action before the beta weekend next week.

There's another beta weekend next week?! :magical:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's amazing how, after months of it never really happening due to the difficulty, suddenly with a mission demanding it all kinds of people in artillery are suddenly pulling off strings of successful counterbattery shots from just a single shot to track.

It's almost like there's some kind of beacon shooting up into the sky to let them know. A pole of light perhaps. Coloured red.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Missing Name posted:

There have been a few times in modernish times where a full on, head on charge was possibly warranted.

HMS Jervis Bay, HMAS Yarra, the tin can charge in the Battle off Samar

Worth noting all but one of those ships also sank

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Missing Name posted:

Samar was a goddamn miracle that any of the US ships survived their suicide charge at the main battle fleet.

Only the Heerman survived. Signals confusion and misidentification by the Japanese contributed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

warcrimes posted:

He's not wrong, though.

He is if he's trying to say the tank doesn't have incredibly variable and unreliable upper front armour.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Goons are terrible at reading jokes, news at 11

The armour is variable in that it isn't the same across the pike, and unreliable because 2 degrees of turn in any direction and a random dice roll can be the difference between bouncing a tier 10 TD and being penned by a tier 8 heavy.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

WitchFetish posted:

Well then try to play while taking into account that your hull armor is unreliable, I guess?

What do you want us to tell you? That you're a very good player unfortunately held down by some sort of shadowy WG conspiracy?

As though this thread isn't 95% pointless bitching about tanks or pubbies. If you want everyone to stop that the thread will dry up.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lazyhound posted:

Have you tried logging in lately? My only notification that I'd been accepted into the alpha was a survey sent weeks later.

I try twice a week, the download page is always access restricted :saddowns:

Edit: Before I drop all my credits on one sale tank before it ends, does anyone know if the On Track events are continuing in 2015?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 19, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

demonR6 posted:

If you are on the WoWS forums (which you should be) send a message to Gunlion.

I'm on the forums, I've just never been accepted into the alpha, and I even filled out the survey after the last beta weekend

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

maev posted:

Scrap that debate then, what about the light tank route? These missions are forcing me down terrible paths I've never been before.

It depends on the mission really, the American ones are good for the hitting on the move missions, the Chinese 131 and 132 are the best options for the tracking missions on account of having a better chance of doing it in one shot, and for maximum murderising all of the Bulldog, Ru 251 and 13 90 should fit the bill.

In general play I enjoy the Chinese lights more than any of the others, they're more agile and smaller targets than the Americans, and the higher alpha gun means you have to leave your dick swinging in the breeze a lot less than the low damage high rof guns when you're down to the point of trying carry by by flanking things your heavies are too scared to face. 13 90 is fun on clean up duty, but the reload time is hell.

Trying to passive scout with view range in pub matches is just pissing into the wind, 9 times out of 10 your pubs will shoot at nothing you've spotted, you have to be able to do the damage yourself as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

- no free FV4202 premium? “No comment”

The on again off again to con more people into premium/xp converion in time for the change continues

McGavin posted:

- Aufklärungspanzer Panther will be completely removed, not made premium.

Goodnight sweet prince.

:sadwave:

Hey, what happened to the new 8 bit tank thing we were supposed to be getting?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 20, 2015