Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gervasius posted:

Since they have the lowest alpha and highest RoF of all tier 9 an 10 mediums?

Lowest/highest in class sure, but they're not really over all, and they don't play like it either. Or at least the ones I own doen't, the T-62A and 430-II, just gave the T-62A a whirl and knocked out a 2700xp daily as a scout and then peak and poke flanking a group of heavies and TDs.

e: Only high rof low alpha tank I've ever seen of any use above tier 6 is a 90mm T32 slinging gold, because it's got a turret with genuine staying power.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Descar posted:

i have never ever met anyone useing that gun, so never noticed.

but apcr is 180pen and could be fun :)

I did once, and didn't understand what was going on, had to look it up after the battle

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm looking at the new to me Japanese heavies and Czech mediums for the first time, and I'm noticing WG decided to continue their tradition of being thunderfucks over crew composition going from 7 to 8 again

Also I'm going to buy a box of cake mix on Tuesday

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sure, but there hasn't actually been a legit entry at all yet and there are two first prizes, there may be no thievery at all

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oh hey I see the campaign missions still gently caress up recording successes as well, do they ever fix anything in this game?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vorkosigan posted:

At the WG PAX afterparty. Guess what's coming back to tanks?

The T-50-2.

(Only on console)

Top speed, downhill, sharp turn, octuple barrel roll :allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BIG HEADLINE posted:

For the Germans, I went with Reinhard Assmann and Gunnar Schutze. "Max Assmann" would also work, in hindsight.

If I had the cash I'd rename my E-100 crew to Levi, Goldstein, Blumenthal, Liebgott, Rosenberg, and Jung. The last survivors of Barracks D, who overwhelmed the SS troops assigned to guard the only E-100 prototype they'd just finished slave labouring over, and drove it all the way to Berlin - where they personally sent Hitler to hell.

They called themselves the Semite Squad.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 24, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cake time is good time

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hellsau posted:

gently caress me

At least you got something

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Steelion posted:

If every artillery were rebalanced to be similar to the 304 (faster firing, less damage, more accurate) I would not complain. Keep the gun arcs/ranges the same though, let the Brits keep their plunging fire gimmick.

Artillery was like this in Armoured Warfare, and people still bitched about it so hard it got nerfed down even lower.

Mean time, same people were whizzing around the battlefield in wheeled armoured cars that were so fast you had to have a sub-20 ping to have a hope of hitting them, while firing ATGMs that could two-shot MBTs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Came back to Tanks for the weeked because Tahirovic said I should get the free tank; 3 hours later, still haven't scored a single point towards the mission.

This game has to be the most poorly balanced mess still in operation, and it makes the Warships team look like savants by comparison. In what fever dream did they think it would be acceptable for me to, in 50% of my battles today, encounter an enemy which my tank was completely unable to penetrate from any direction or angle, an enemy who in turn could basically ignore my armour? Even my previously good WZ-111 1-4 fell afoul of some ridiculous Swedish thing shooting nukes past its carbon nanotube frontal armour.

How does anyone find this fun anymore?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 25, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There exist multiple instances where there is no way to deal with an opposing tank, it is literally invulnerable to you, and that happening at all is garbage tier design and balancing.

As for the Swedish thing, my WZ-111 was unable to penetrate it anywhere on the front - lower hull, upper hull, turret face, cupola, nothing. In return it didn't really need to aim.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 25, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It was the Swedish tier 10, and no, no tank should be totally invulnerable to others, it's lovely design for you to be able to end up 1v1 against an invulnerable vehicle and have no way to defeat it. Botes avoids this utter stupidity, which is thy that team is miles ahead of the halfwits in the Tanks team.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BadLlama posted:

Yeah its kind of bullshit when you are stuck in the open and they have a nice little hill to play hull down on but they wouldn't exactly be the first tank that is pretty much immune to damage in this position.

Garbage tier map design to go with garbage tier balancing. Side armour is irrelevant, every tier 8+ game I've played today has basically involved tier 10 tanks/tank destroyers on both teams parking in protected defilade or around corners in spawn until the few mobile members of the team cap or die, and there's no artillery anywhere. There's no fun to be had here at all.

The totally invulnerable tanks were at lower tiers, like 3 to 5.

e: Low tier has no balance at all, none, don't even try and pretend to yourself otherwise. There is a severe power imbalance that already makes it extremely difficult to drive a great many of the vehicles, and when seal clubbers take those overpowered vehicles and stick multiskill crews, mods, etc on them and rig for seal clubbing, they are completely unbeatable without doing likewise. No wonder they had to merge the servers through lack of new players, it's probably the least new player friendly experience there has ever been.

At high tiers, any balance they aimed for is still completely absent in the face of the bush hiding gameplay their map design, artillery berfs, and power creep almost force the playerbase into using.

They still have no idea what they're doing, and it's only gotten worse.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 25, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

James Garfield posted:

Are you surprised that your HE couldn't penetrate the front of a tier 10 heavy tank

AP, not HE, which was disappointing since the last I recall, the 111 1-4 was carrying a tier 10 heavy tank gun

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao you couldnt pen a Kranvagn in the lower plate. Its got like 180mm of effective armour. Aim better.

I got one shot at the angled lower plate, otherwise it was dug in hull down against a cliff, and flanking it was impossible as the two tier 8 mediums with me found out when they tried, because on the other side of spawn was a TD and another hull down tier 10 heavy dug in against a cliff, because that's all any battle is thanks to the lovely gameplay the lovely map design and lovely balance encourages. My 111 1-4 and 4 mediums pushed the poo poo out of that flank, defeated the tanks there, and then pushed into the cap/spawn but nope, mutually supporting spawn camping T10s protected by terrain are basically invulnerable to anything short of twice their numbers of tier 10s pushing all at once.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 26, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Post the replay I want to see how bad your team mates were that they didnt swarm the Kranvagn during its reload, kill it and then flank the dug in heavy and TD.

The first two tried to swarm it, and were instakilled by it and the other 2 spawn campers who were, as I already explained, all in mutually supportive positions - going around the corner to shoot the Swedish thing involved exposing front/side to the other two. I don't remember what all of the tanks were, but one of my mediums was a Centurion I, and I think another was a WZ-120, and I'm pretty sure the other heavy was an E-100. This was the Artic Region map, we spawned west, and attacked through the north - the Swede was parked against the giant hill, the TD was at the southern ramp, and the E-100 was behind the flag near the map edge at the southern ramp.

Having not played in months, I've got no mods installed, haven't fixed my UI to show names properly, and apparently don't have replays turned on, as the last one in the folder is from December '16.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 26, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SocketWrench posted:

Which map was it?

Arctic region? you couldn't disengage and go any other of the three ways around to their spawn, so you just stuck it out till you died? If you couldn't make that loving mountain work for you there you must try harder

Going around the mountain meant driving at the TD and E-100 and having the Swede on the supporting flank instead, zero difference.

Driving south was worthless, because as per usual the southern ramp was clogged with heavy tanks shooting each other in the face, and ours were losing.

Our team, of course, had 3 high tier TDs and a medium tank camping spawn who refused to move.

serious gaylord posted:

So the E-100 and the TD had no cover being where they were

Yes they did? It's called terrain, the E-100 was hull down, or at least lower hull down, and the TD was backing up and down the ramp with a cliff protecting what you think was an open side shot.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 26, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No, what I do is point out all the ways in which this game is poo poo and broken, and how badly they've managed to gently caress it up as time has gone along, and some people get precious about it.

At this point in time, it's a true statement that World of Tanks has less balance than Armoured Warfare. I mean, I'm trying to grind the tier 3 Swedish and Czech tanks, and it's been what, 4 years since the Pz1c came out? And it's still the single deciding factor in every game, so grossly overpowered it has always been. Mean time at tier 5, we're in year 5 of derp supremacy, and despite the fact that artillery was nerfed because the Lefh was overperforming, artillery suck across the board, except for the lefh, which is still OP. They couldn't balance a brick on a table.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 26, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Read up, stupid.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SocketWrench posted:

Likely because they saw the faltering flanks.

No, they drove into their camping spots as soon as the battle started and never moved again, long before any flanks won or lost. Happens every single high tier battle, on both sides, without fail, with anywhere from a third to half of the team.

Why would they have come out to get us? They were camping up spawn and never leaving. What game do you even play?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 26, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SocketWrench posted:

Listen, rear end in a top hat, calm down

to win they need to destroy everyone or cap your base. If you aren't around to shoot they're either going to come look for you or cap an open base with no cover. Hell, fall back and let them come for the base if the flanks were breaking and let your campers murder them while you light them...ah no, that'd take brains

They don't leave spawn. Winning? They stay put. Losing? They stay put.

You seem to have missed something fundamental about the players and gameplay their design and balance actively encourage.

About the only part of the game that doesn't heavily encourage camping the end of laneways is how they somehow managed to gently caress up accuracy, so that shooting on the move lands more hits than shooting fully aimed.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 26, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Astroniomix posted:

I rest my case.

All of my low tier tanks have displayed nearly double the accuracy when hooning around at full speed now, which I assume is what Hellsau used to call snapshot meta. It's absurd, but it's hardly the first time they've managed to break shot accuracy through diabolical programming.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cardiac posted:

NTRabbit must have played at least 3-4 years of the 6 years it has existed and he still gets mad.

:negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Well if you still want to keep refusing to see the blindingly obvious, then fine.

And I haven't driven a Luchs in years, I've been driving the Type 45, tier 2/3 Czechs, and tier 1/2/3 Swedes, and no, when I say hit I mean do damage. Fully aimed shots flying off into the sunset, on the move shots with the reticle the size of a dinner plate hitting most of the time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The new player experience is so bad that there's little wonder the two US servers were merged, and they'll have to merge NA and EU before long if they don't turn it around. If you want to see just how bad it is, go for a tier 2-4 battle, without using a designated seal clubber vehicle, and without a seal clubber crew and equipment. Not only is it not fun, but for players who have never played before it must be completely bewildering the number of times you can be driving along, and then get completely erased, in one shot or one clip, not only without any warning or recourse, but without any kind of information whatsoever as to how or why it happened, and how to do it differently next time. The only lesson it teaches you is not to leave base and wait for them to come to you, which is the dominant gameplay above tier 5.

I've played for years and I'm still only getting the vaguest notion of where my Type 95 or tier 2/3 Swede or Czech vehicle was killed from and how I could have avoided it. Unless of course I was face charged by a Panzer Ic, then it's patently obvious how I died and how unavoidable it was.

Atomizer posted:

Let me be the first to point out that both ZombieLenin and NTRabbit have returned (they always come back... :getin:) to play and post on the same page, but I'm not actually going to poo poo talk either of you because I got along with you both when we platooned and I honestly have no reason to take anyone's side here. Plus, I'm pretty obnoxious too, so....

:respek:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What. How can you play for years and still have no real idea of where damage usually comes from on a given map?

A number of maps have changed dramatically since the last time I played, like Swamp, and a few are completely new to me. Even minor changes add new camping spots. For players who have never played any of them before, there's no help or warning, just instagibs, and half the time the vehicle that shot you doesn't break camo in the process either.

I know that most people here have a few ten thousands of games, and spend most of their time in T8+, which is why I'm trying to tell you the low tiers are so badly broken that you're never going to get any new players.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 27, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Im glad you can't work out where you're getting shot from even with the damage indicators.

The damage indicators aren't redpole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

xthetenth posted:

Oh god. What did they do with the Zeppelin?

They made it with torpedo bombers, gave it to community contributors to do video reviews, then replaced the torpedo bombers with dive bombers, and then put it on sale with links to the positive or semi positive reviews of what was a fundamentally different ship. Who exactly is to blame isn't clear, as it's been suggested that EU and NA started selling it weeks early, before head office had finished balancing it based on feedback, in order to coincide with Gamescom. One contributor made a video suggesting someone should be fired, and it was basically a repeat of the SirFoch incident, up to and including someone with PR training finally being told about it days later, and then having to put out a massive fire and offer refunds, with the ships pulled from the store.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 28, 2017