Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Page 1 snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Hey thanks for the link to the mod that allows me to use the wave cannon.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
godspeed goons.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
toooooot toooooooooooot!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why play planes when there's botes?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rossmum posted:

SC fanboys are the loving worst. I almost want the game to flop (despite having about a hundred in it myself) just to watch the worst kind of people on the internet partake in mass sudoku.

Wait wut? You mean seppuku.. unless the SC nerds idea of ritual suicide involves number puzzles.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rossmum posted:

Can't. On slow laptop + lovely satellite internet. I'll be home Monday after next.

Merry Christmas man.. not having to play tanks for over a week is a gift. Think of all the blood vessels you will save in the process.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Shoot the IS, Shoot the IS, shoot the IS! *everyone dies* You should have been shooting the IS-3, why did you not shoot the IS-3?

It's really not that hard, press W and click on the IS-3 then mash down on the button until it dies.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Stevefin posted:

I'm getting a strange bug with tanking, where my prospective camrea will refuse to not work as if my mouse got unplugged or died, but mouse still works and responsive in everything but the player prospective camrea. Never had this happen before as its so odd

Is it like you are looking in one direction only and cannot turn the turret at all but in reality it is?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

Stupid question, why does the bush in this video sort of disappear as he zooms in?

http://youtu.be/yu4M4DJrnTs?t=33m23s

Is it because he has some graphic setting jacked up all the way? Because I have all of mine down low and what happens to the bush in this video does not.

One of the modpacks has a setting where you can tweak that. There is also one of the Tundra mods that only removes the leaves and bushes when you zoom into sniper mode which is p.cool.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

I thought they said that anything that removes foliage is considered an illegal mod...

It's not completely removing I guess? I'll have to check when I get home but I remember now that even the WOT Tweaker has a setting where you can dick around with the foliage as well.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I think something in the Jimbos reticle might do that. I've had bushes disappear in certain zoom settings beyond the standard amount.

I am pretty sure I tested that reticle and may have noticed that. There is another though that does it as well but it is from a questionable RU site where I would only suggest you ever check from a computer you are sure has a very robust antivirus and you can run your browser in sandboxed mode.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
HAHAHHAHAHA

- On EU servers WG is not going to publish list of prohibited mods, so you can use them and not be banned. WG leave decision of using them or not using them to your conscience.

Brilliant!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Missing Name posted:

Take a shot for every match you don't die.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cippalippus posted:

I only wish they'd hurry up with botes.

What do you mean hurry up did you not make it into Alpha? We bote all the time.. during testing hours at least.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Tanks.. with SweetFX running to tweak the graphics. Splitscreen below left side is without, right side with.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rockopete posted:

Whoa, that's definitely noticeable. How did you do that? I used SweetFX once some time ago for a different game and I've forgotten all of the ins and outs.

Downloaded one of the all-in-one installers and dicked around with the settings until I found that. I can send you my settings file if you decide to install it again. Night and day difference and no impact on the FPS.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Illegal Carrot posted:

Can you post it here? I'd like to try it out too.

Here's a link to it on my Mediafire just to save time and not send it to a website that will inevitably send you to another.

First, TURN OFF FXAA if you have it enabled in game otherwise bad poo poo happens.

It is pretty cut and dry, unpack the zip file and place it in a folder you won't accidentally delete. My games are all installed and run off a separate drive so it lives in the folder /FlightFX.
- I run mine as admin so once you have it open you will see the gui on the tab Profile Manager.
- From there down the bottom left choose the Register New Game button.
- That will launch a window, find the game executable for tanks, WorldOfTanks.exe and it will create a new entry that will appear in the main GUI window.
- Click on your new entry and in the right pane click the box with Enable SweetFX.
- Once you enabled SweetFX that creates all the necessary folders with files and poo poo in the game folder so you can choose the Edit SweetFX settings button which will open the second tab, FX Settings which is where the magic happens.
- In the FX Settings tab there is a whole host of selections you can use to dick around and customize the look. Experiment, there are some brief explanations when you hover over the checkbox to enable a particular setting and there are sections for what you can tweak.
I will post screens of how I have mine set for reference and that is what you see in the garage.
- Run the game in windowed mode after setting up SweetFX and with the FlightFX open make the changes to the FX Settings. I would recommend for testing purposes to use the Splitscreen function, with the slider all the way to the left which is the split screen you saw in my example, that way you can see what is being changed. So game open, tab out to the FX Settings and make your change then Pause then it will make the change on the fly with the client running. Be sure whenever you enable, disable or make changes to first update by using the Pause (or whatever you changed it to) button else the changes won't update! I have multiple monitors so I can dick around and see everything without having to gently caress around much.
- One more note on tab one there are a few entries for the on/off, take screenshot and reload shaders commands as well as another checkbox to improve Steam Overlay Compatibility. The default for enabled SweetFX is the first selection, 145 is the Scroll Lock but you can click in there and change that. Reload shaders is set to the Pause key by default.

I am using SweetFX on tanks, botes and MechWarrior Online and it has made a difference in the overall look of every game. No FPS loss for me at least or random crashing etc. but YMMV.

Good luck! If you need my help PM me and I can jump on TS and help to the best of my ability.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rockopete posted:

Thanks, I got this running and it's a nice step up.

Glad I was able to help. I tried the stand alone SweetFX without the GUI as well as another GUI and this was the most easy to work with.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

apseudonym posted:

I have the highest 30day..

That's your problem.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 10, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

We are all terrible in one way or another.

Except for you.. savage.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Valle posted:

This thing is great. Except that my game crashes every 2-3 battles when I use it :(

What settings? Did you make any changes? Also did you turn off antialias settings both in the game and in the event your video card has the ability like the Nvidia control panel has.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Valle posted:

Nvidia control panel. Right. Let's see if it's better now!

That should do it. Not that I made that mistake.. nope. Be sure to restart the pc too.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Only filthy poors don't fire premium rounds." They love hearing that.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

I highly recommend you try this: Join a match with a tank that has a good amount of hp. Find a random pubbie and insult him before the match starts. Once it does, shoot him just one time. If you're lucky, he will start firing back at you multiple times which will most likely result in him getting a one hour ban. It should make you feel better.

Be sure to say "My bad I alt-tabbed out to check your stats. Whenever I tab back it just fires. No biggie, you are as terrible as I thought."

Then enjoy the fun.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ensign Expendable posted:

"Gold tank, gold ammo, gold crew, gold camo."

What if I told you my mouse is made of gold as is my keyboard?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Valle posted:

My dumb mission was track tank and do damage to it. Secondary objective was destroy a tracked tank. Two enemy tanks left, a waffle and arty. Enemy waffle is looking the other way, I zoom up from behind in my batchat. I have time. I aim in, shoot him in the track, he's tracked, aim for gunshield and HOLY poo poo HUGE TANK as the Patton M46 on my own team charges in front of me to block my shot and shoot and kill the waffle. THANKS ASSHAT. And no, there's no way he didn't know exactly what he did, because there was plenty room for him to round the corner and shoot the waffle without getting in my way. So shot him in the rear end. He caught fire. He didn't have an extinguisher. He started slowly turning his turret towards me - slowly cause his crew was burning - and stopped his tank. To aim better or something. And then the enemy arty blapped him and he exploded. He didn't say anything in chat, but I got this after battle:

He closed convo immediately after that, and put me on ignore :v:

Edit:

Remember that light tanks get MM one tier up. So putting a tier 8 light's gun and a tier 8 medium's gun next to each other doesn't really work.

Always making friends you savage. Shine on!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report:

This E25 tried to use speed to run the clock out and result in a draw. Lucky for us I was not about to let him ruin my 4 kill x2 for the day. Fucker.

It drove off the same cliff and tracked itself and I was hot on heels.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

What the gently caress happened that de-chilled the ever-chill Primelaw?

He's come to the realization this game is a cancer that eats away at your soul?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Clearly you need one job and two girlfriends!

Hello? He needs no job and many girlfriends. This also requires a large infusion of cash preferably from a lucrative stock deal, lottery winnings or drug cartel kickbacks.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Axetrain posted:

Make sure to let everyone know in chat that your rich black girlfriend is paying for all your gold rounds.

Ooooh good one! I would also add 'rich off swindling the gubment claiming fitteen kids we don't have bitchezzz'...

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

E: gently caress E-25s. I'm so sick of them being everywhere, it's completely absurd that they get preferential MM.

Be afraid because motherfuckers like me get sick air and will land on your tank with mad skills. TLDR look at the gif I posted of that DFA I did yesterday morning.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Rossum I tried to charge into you last night in my bote but you died before I made it to you. I wanted to ram you full speed but failed. Don't die so soon man.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

During the WOWs weekend, a lot of people were charging straight at their opponents with forward guns blazing.

Although a legitimate idea if the your goal is to get closer to an opponent, these people would never turn to broadside once in a good range. They just turn away and start using the aft guns.

drat I miss botes. All of you with Alpha are making me envious.

That was not uncommon with newer players. Most of us who pay regularly know better and enjoy unloading a full broadside into someone and connecting on multiple hits. I sank a Cleveland last night in one volley from my Fuso. It was glorious.

This latest patch they tweaked the aiming mechanics making it a little tougher to sink every shot all the time. Also and while you are moving and zoomed in on your target is more difficult to get a good bead on it. I like that it's less easy.

I just unlocked the Amagi and probably won't get some sweet sweet Yamato action before the beta weekend next week.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

There's another beta weekend next week?! :magical:

Yessir want the info linked? NA server goes down on the 20th in preparation so maybe by Friday?

Dalael posted:

Hope they're not making it too hard tho. That one weekend I played, plenty of my shots wouldn't fully land, which is how it should be in my opinion. Lead was okay, just 1 or 2 shots would tend to go to high or wide, so only part of the salvo's would hit. If they mess with this too much, I can imagine all the people bitching because they can't land all shots in.

Next time I get to play, I'll try that. I tend to give more of a 45 degree angle, which allowed people to land pretty solid shots on me. I can see how 30 would minimize the silhouette even more.

Another nice thing about angling your ship like that, is that a lot of people seem to have a hard time figuring out your trajectory and can't lead properly.

Are torpedo destroyers still such a bitch to deal with? If there was one complaint I would have about this game, is the number of fish in the water at any given time. They might miss most of the time, but its loving annoying to spend as much time trying to avoid them as you try to shoot the prick that launched them.

Most of the people who have been around since early Alpha agree it was too easy once you get the hang of it and making it harder was a good idea.

DE's are still a pain in the rear end and if you land a match with a couple of those and CV's kiss you rear end good bye. I habitually run behind our bigger BB's and appear out of nowhere in the middle of a firefight in someone's face unloading a full spread of torps into them running off cackling. It does not work 100% of the time but when it does it is the equivalent of scoring an ammo rack in your little shitter tier 2 on a much higher tier tank. Fulfilling.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 18, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Keksen posted:

I was only playing the first beta weekend and my main gripe with the game was exactly this. So them making it harder makes me cautiously optimistic for the future (of mankind).

But what I am trying to say is once you play enough games where you get the hang of it is becomes almost as easy as an autoaim which is no fun. I don't want point & click on my WWII botes. I want to work for it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

I try twice a week, the download page is always access restricted :saddowns:

If you are on the WoWS forums (which you should be) send a message to Gunlion.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

I'm on the forums, I've just never been accepted into the alpha, and I even filled out the survey after the last beta weekend

I think I read somewhere that if you were in the last BW you would be invited again but no one is answering on the forums.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alpine Mustache posted:

so, when do we get our gold from unused but purchased tokens?

Wargaming has trouble paying out rewards for completed tournaments in time. I'll wish you the best of luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think the majority will say E100..