Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
HM the udes 03 seems very worthless with the stock gun. im very unsure if can make it work with the bigger gun tbh. siege mode is crippling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
swedish tds: garbabe up to t9.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
the udes introduces you to the whole concept, but it still hot garbage. you can do some damage if the enemy team is utterly incompetent, but its completely unreliable. the t9 is significantly more workable. think i got through the udes an atrocious winrate in the 40s before i free xped out of it. doing around 64 in the t9, after aprox 100 games. something is really strange with the mastery ranks on it though. a 5k damage is apparently only enough for 3rd mastery

e: should probably mention that damage output wise i'm still underperfoming in the t9. doing worse in it than in the other t9s ive played recently

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 8, 2017

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Michaellaneous posted:

It's a turretless TD so by default it's garbage.

yep. you can do better with any same tier med or heavy

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Not to stat-shame, but after taking a quick look at your performance in the UDES, I'm very unsure why you would argue that its a good tank.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I am a bad and impatient player, and I have single handedly turned games around. It is an absurdly good vehicle in specific circumstances, most of which involve your team loving up badly but not quite disastrously. It isnt useful in every situation, but it is far from the garbage vehicle people make it out to be.

you've turned around 6% less games with the udes, than what you do on average.

the specific situations you mention are: when you're unspotted, outside spotting distance of the stuff you're shooting at and have shots at stuff in the middle of open fields. guess what, every tank rocks in that specific situation.

it has one of the smallest, or the smallest, hp pool on tier 8. it has no armor - you get hit, you take damage. low dpm. helpless in close quarters.

its a garbage vehicle

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Soulfucker posted:

i play for fun!

same :'(

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Be careful prav people might declare sandbox unilaterally worthless without any real knowledge of the matter except for what they read or heard somewhere.

but uhh, you talk from exerience right? your udes experience is of a 42% winrate.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
i dont understand what those words mean, but feel free to have wrong opinions

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
As the 2PAC all-stars like to say: Aroberto Aroberto U S A

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
played a couple of games this week for the first time since christmas or something and checked out the new maps on sandbox. looking pretty nice imho!

the mm changes seem pretty decent too. lots of small improvements all over in general. i particularly like the inclusion of stuff you prevuiously had to use mods for, like the damage logs and minimap stuff. only stuff i'm missing is the server crosshair, some less obtrusive tank icons and possibly the atac! proximity warning.

Not entirely sure what i think of the arty stun stuff, but i havent gotten oneshot by arty yet, so thats an improvement.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
huh, i just updated this dumb game and bought some premium. Tanks is... fun?? Not really doing particularly well, but I'm at least enjoying myself. promised myself to stop playing again if I ever got ANGERY at video games. New maps (engine?) look great, tanks look nice, arty seems better/less annoying to play against. Tons of tanks I've never seen before tho.

You barely need mods it seems too. Tried installing some, but ended up with way more than what I wanted. I just want the server crosshair, UT announcers and xvm + possibly the enemy reload thing. Ingame map has last spotted and stuff like that now right?

Enjoying the chinese t9 light!

E: anyone from 2pac still playing? pgs thread is locked and lost like tears in the rain ://///

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 18, 2018

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Caterwaul posted:

Had a new record for 2018: 3 online at once today.

Holy moly, I saw mumu and maimgara on last night, but I couldn’t get the in game chat to work :/ also, I’m not in 2pac so I can’t see the chat. If anyone still have admin there, send me an invite I guess

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
hows the wz-5a and 132-1? got enough free xp to get one of them. I love playing lights, but the wz 111-1-4 has been one of my favorite tanks in this game... Both look really nice on paper

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
because I can

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

JuffoWup posted:

Except t9 is the best tier.

I haven’t played in like a year, already have hundreds of games in the t9 and the t8 premium, I’m not interested in poopsocking to get the t10 and I want to play something new. The t9 light seems a bit lackluster compared to the old 132, the t9 heavy rocks but I’ve already played it to death. Are either of the t10s any good?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Meh, I'll just get the light and do the heavy later. Got 5 skill crews for both I think. t10 lights sounds funky...

Already got the Swedish td, heavy heavies are not really my play style and the spaghetti leo with an autoloader doesn't sound too interesting.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

BadLlama posted:

I have all the chinaman tanks, getting the LT over any of the heavies would be a mistake in my opinion.

Bought the light. Not regretting it, seems like an awesome tank. Already have 1500 games or so in the 113 (for some hosed up reason). Lights is more fun when you solo imho. Also, these grand battles are strange, but scouting in them seems fun

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
whats the deal with the new kanonenjagdpanzer 105? you can replace your old garbage kjpanzer with it for free or something? If thats the case its probably qworth it because thats a steaming pile of garbage

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
theres a swap deal going on where you can replace the old one, by submitting a ticket. guess ill do that, the old one is unplayable

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Maimgara posted:

I've sent in a ticket for the swap - the 90mm one is totally a turd.

same!

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

saintonan posted:

Been watching skill4ltu play the KanJpz105 this afternoon, he's been one-shot by artillery three times already. You can't play aggressive with that tank at all, anything shooting HE will wreck you instantly.

So it's like the old kjpz, with a better gun...
I still think the worst premium in this game is the us scorpion. Utterly worthless.

Has someone made strategy maps with the current maps? I'm a bit out of the loop with all the map changes/current meta and improvise with varied results atm.

Found these: https://wotguru.com/map-strategy/

He doesn't have all the maps though and I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
haha whats the deal with the chinese t10 td. it looks RIDICULOUS. began grinding the td three because of looks alone. Is it playable?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Hmm didn’t get the beta stuff :/ sent wg a ticket. Played one game in the t50-2 and 1700 damage lol. 10 t50-2 on each aide or something

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Dance Officer posted:

Hey, is there a discord for eurogoons playing tonks?

2pac is super dead. There's is a deeply cursed TS server where leftover tank goons hang out, but I don't think any of them actually play tanks anymore. I played a bit in early winter, but don't really play much at all lately. Mostly apex if I can be arsed to turn on my computer.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Dance Officer posted:

Yeah, I tried asking people in that discord to come play a few times, but got told "you're EU, so welp" by several folks.

There was a discord server at some point too. Never used it much due to a certain French imbecile not being banned from there. Can send you the link to both servers once I get home and onto a computer...
what tiers you playing btw? Might be interested in playing a couple of games later

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Just returned to this dumb game again. Haven't bothered with any mods or stats or whatever this time and that seems to make the whole wot experience more fun? I've also noticed some new annoying and very sturdy t10s in the game though...Only mods I'm really missing is the server crosshair, the counter on the 6th sense sound and the ATAC 50m warning.

Any eurogoons still playing? Would love some guidance as most of the maps seems to have changed slightly since I played. I'm not doing so well were the map/meta is new...

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Dravs posted:

I'm playing on EU. Add Goodwill and we can do some platoons probably. Also I will find the referral link so you can get (me) free stuff just for playing.

I’ll add you in the weekend. Currently a home office quarantine setup using my screen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Dravs posted:

I'm playing on EU. Add Goodwill and we can do some platoons probably. Also I will find the referral link so you can get (me) free stuff just for playing.

added you now, prob gonna play for a bit tonight. ingame atm