Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Emnity posted:

Wait. So as relatively new player I shouldn't pursue German tank lines? Looking to start the Luchs and Leopard tree and maybe the TD's route.

Using Russian for heavy's but assumed the German TD's and lights were decent as you see so many of them.

PZ 1 C, Luchs and Leopard (the tiny one?) are all great tanks, German TDs are a mixed bag as far as my own experience goes, and the Soviet heavy tank line culminating in the IS-7 is the one to start with in my opinion.

Please don't use apostrophes to denote plurals, that's not what they are there for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

BadLlama posted:

I raise that picture with this one

A draw loss as I only had so much ammo

Did your bulldog run out of ammo too or something? Jesus.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

I think that is the biggest problem really. There is no indication to pubbies that there are different ground types and the vehicles react differently to it. There is also no clear visual indication on what ground type you are currently driving on. So most most likely think it is just normal ground and not swamp. Visually from the map, it is the shortest route, however without other cues, you are unaware that it is also the slowest route. The swamp ground slowing your tank down, a hill which provides visual break (and slowing you down more) along with a narrow pass. All taht says lose, but the swamp terrain isn't clear to the normal pubbies.

Wait the valley is swamp? Huh.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

O-Ho is like a fat guy that can't see his own dick.

I highly resent being compared to Japanese heavies.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Cartoon posted:

Reported for trolling.

I hadn't gone into the valley in years, how the hell am I supposed to remember something like that?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In any case, it seems like everyone's getting an MTLS anyway, since you're pretty much guaranteed 2/1 of those tokens for every match you play. Essentially, it's "play something around 50 games by April 6th".

That's nearly impossible for me :smith:

I can barely force myself to play more than two games a day.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I can't be the only one in this thread who thinks that Cliff is just an insufferably bad map.

I haven't found a map I actually like in a long time so you aren't alone here.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Agrajag posted:

what's a Rav4?

A French Sherman with a 120(? around there anyway)mm gun

subhelios
May 26, 2013

I rather like the new game mode, but :wargaming: decided I should lose over 100k per match in it for some reason.

The tank I did almost all of the damage in earned less than 1 credit per point of damage.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Valle posted:

subhelios: that's a bug. A pretty bad one as well. I just made 164k credits by doing 7347 damage total, 1326 spotting, 8 kills. Total repair and ammo was 41500 so 122k profit.

They didn't even loving look at the screenshot I sent in with my ticket.

Dipshit Motherfucker posted:

Hi adrudh,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming NA Support.

We appreciate your time on sending this ticket. We understand that you have inquiry regarding your gained XP, don't worry allow us to assist you with this matter.

Silver and XP income is related to many factors, which include but are not limited to:

Damage Dealt
Enemies Spotted
Objective completion
Enemies destroyed

Additionally, you only receive 50% of the experience and Silver if you damage an enemy that you are not spotting. For example, if you spot and hit an enemy tank, you will receive 100% of the experience and credits. However, if an ally spots an enemy tank, and you hit it, 50% of your experience and Silver goes to the spotter.

An option available to all players is a Premium Account, which give the following benefits:

50% more experience per battle
50% more crew experience per battle
50% more Silver earned in a battle

Earning 50% more Silver and experience per battle will certainly alleviate any income issues!

Also, keep in mind that higher tiered vehicles have lower earnings, as this feature encourages players to use lower tiered vehicles that have higher profits. This allows for better game balance and diversity in the game. As you progress to higher tiers, things like the cost of repair and resupply become more expensive.

Silver and XP are not meant to be won in large quantities every battle. High tier vehicles are designed to be difficult to achieve, but still be achievable.

You can consider creating a platoon with friends, as you can learn their playing styles and work together to increase your odds of victory. Three tanks working together will beat three tanks working independently each time.

We hope this clears up the issue.

Thank you for contacting Wargaming and have a great day!

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Update on the ticket front: literally got told that 5000 credit gross income for 6000+ damage was 'working as intended'.
Jesus loving christ. Frontline is fun but not that loving fun.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

You're both wrong

Overlord tank from C&C generals could be upgraded to fit a bunker on the top that housed a squad of missile launcher men

This is the correct answer

Prav posted:

the best overlord upgrade is the loudspeaker

My overlords travel in packs of threes, one of each.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Object 277 gets a 350 pen APCR shell that flies close to 2km/s what in the world

Jesus Christ

Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Is this the special hell you get sent to for diddling little kids or something? Jesus Christ.