Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

sauer kraut posted:

I see, replace torp bobmers with very slow and vulnerable Stukas maybe?
That was ridiculous. Blam you're dead even tho half my stuff missed, 2 minute coffee break, blam next one.

It may seem like it, but you have to keep in mind a few things. This guy is a really good alpha player especially with carriers. The carriers he sunk with his torpedo bombers were Langley's, which are slow and un-maneuverable compared to other carriers. They also have almost no armor which means they are really easy to sink with a well aimed strike.

Also, most games do not go that easy. He was lucky in the sense that he found the carriers pretty easily, had only 1 squad of fighters try to intercept his bombers and he got a near perfect strike with his torpedoes. Bombers are slow things and if he had been intercepted, he would have lost most of them.

Your best bet is to try the game first, and then decide if you like it or not. Hopefully, like most of us, you will have a blast and will not even remember that you have the option to go play tanks.

sauer kraut posted:

I see, replace torp bobmers with very slow and vulnerable Stukas maybe?
That was ridiculous. Blam you're dead even tho half my stuff missed, 2 minute coffee break, blam next one.

poo poo is not gonna fly a second time. With Tanks they had a unique game and a captive audience that got reeled in before realizing how lame high tiers are.

Keep in mind, in WoWS, a properly played low tier is still very useful in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Illegal Carrot posted:

Now someone please list all the reasons Wargaming will never change arty in any meaningful way. :eng99:

Because SERB loves player's tears, and you are helping to fill up the pool he plans to swim in.

Seriously, this subject comes back waaaay too often in any WoT thread on any forum. Many solutions have been proposed so far, none seems to have been listened to.

I personally don't mind getting hit by arty once in a while but I can understand why purple players hate it, since they are more likely to be a target if an arty player has the proper mod. However, I still think that artillery is not nearly as big a problem as most people say. Getting shot is part of the game. Being shot by an invisible TD that you can't spot is no better than being shot at by an arty who will most likely not get to shoot again for another 30 to 40 second depending on his crew skill/modules. Most maps have plenty of cover and when used properly, will make artillery look for an easier target.

*braces for the incoming hate*

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

sarmhan posted:

I got a little too clever with destroyer maneuvering once or twice and clipped an island. Fortunately smoke screen meant I didn't die! Also Torpedoing a battleship that hit an island is the most satisfying thing.

Being a battleship getting torpedoed while stuck on an island isn't as fun tho.. I fixated on a cruiser like a retard and completely lost track of my surroundings. Hit the island fullspeed and it took me nearly 2 minutes to even realize that I wasn't moving anymore. I don't know if you're the bastard DD that sent me to the bottom but.. Well done. never not make me pay for stupid mistakes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

McGavin posted:

This. If you do it properly the ship you're targeting can't dodge at all.

Comfirmed. There's a few match I fought in which whoever was navigating those carriers knew what the hell he was doing. He would drop his torpedoes so close, there was nothing that could be done. Even if you saw the plane comming and started turning early... Most torpedoes would slam on the side of your ship and sink you.

Fortunately, most people playing carriers have no idea how to do this (gently caress, even I learnt it after the last beta) which means most of the time you can avoid a quick death.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Aramoro posted:

This is what I find, Arty dictates some interactions like you can't just sit hull down in a hollow and be invincible but it's mostly the high tier mediums that really do that damage.

You might get killed by an arty but only through pressure brought on by the rest of the team. If your team does nothing to pressure the other team then you get no where with arty.

No no no... Artillery is the bane of this game and the reason why the world is so gray. Remove artillery from the game and you will see rainbows everywhere, little girls dancing in the sun with butterflies all around them. Birds will suddenly turn into disney cartoons and sing along..

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

The T49 basically demonstrates that they can apply their only balancing method, "give each new tank a bigger gun", even to light tanks.

When they add European light tanks expect them to have a higher penetrating and higher damage or faster firing version of the 251 gun, and the Japanese lights will have a 2 shot autoloading version of the T49 gun that has a gold HESH shell.

I also liked Emil with the 128mm

Its really sad that Advanced Wars had a better balance than this game does.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Ah fair enough. On the NA server, playing on other accounts is allowed but whenever it comes up the mods are quick to note that owning multiple account is against the ToS.

Do they even provide a reason for that? I mean, wtf do they care if people have multiple accounts since you're technically only playing one at a time. The way I see it, as long as people pay for gold ammo and crap like that, wargamming shouldn't be giving a poo poo.

Unless they don't like it in order to cater to the playerbase who think that having good stats at W.o.T makes them somebody in real life?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Animal posted:

I'm on the SPG mission where you have to track an enemy, and its just not giving me the award. I keep trying to cancel the mission and start again and no joy.

Does the mission allow for any SPG or a specific tier? Are you sure your shot is what caused the tracking?

I would recommend a high tier artillery. The bigger splash radius and higher damage might lead to better result.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Trollocalypse posted:

They have to be killed by a teammate while still tracked. Best thing to do is fire at targets that have a couple of hundred hitpoints over your average hit damage with the arty you're using. So, if you're making pubbies cry in a ConquerorGC only shoot at poo poo that's on about 1100 HP and close to some random shitlord that'll probably miss/bounce his shot anyway just to frustrate you.

I say this, of course, while silently hating you for clicking.

drat... I don't know if its just me, but it sounds as tho there are quite a few number of missions that require teammates involvement. That has got to suck if you're not in a platoon.

Valle posted:

Maybe so if you get banned for something you can't just jump on the next account? I dunno. And if they were catering to the playerbase with regards to stats, wouldn't they allow it so people could reroll to pretend to be better?

Trying to stop people from jumping to another account after a ban would make sense I suppose. However, I personally have not seen a longer ban than 24 hours. If people can't live without tanks for 24 hours, they have a serious problem and need to learn to enjoy better games such as literally anything.

As for the stats thing, if they were catering to people who care about stats, then no.. i don't think they'd allow new accounts for re-roll. Quite the contrary, I think they would want stats to remain what they are because what is the point of statistic if you can change them whenever you want? Too many people would bitch.. which isn't anything new or anything SerB has ever cared about.

Long live SerB.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Report for physical threats, hope for the permaban. He's in a clan so you'd even be able to tell whether he gets banned or not.

If you had your way, you'd have most players banned and there would be like 20 people left playing this game ;)

keep those dude playing. Allows for more trolling and pubbie tears.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

Well, I might struggle to get over 5k damage in tanks, but you better believe I just landed 185,000 damage in boats. Amagi be my waifu~

(I oneshot a tier 9 cruiser for 39k lol)

I am so loving jealous of your ability to play botes at the moment, you have no idea.

Tell me (without being too precise and going against the NDA) how different are the weekend Beta from what you guys are currently experiencing in the Alpha? Does the lower pool of player affect matchmaking much? From what I remember, the matchmaking was kind of horrible during the beta. FFS, I ended up being alone in a Lexington on my team, vs 3 langleys and a cruiser during one of my matches.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

My first battle in Yamato was historically accurate: I shot at someone and then got torped by planes and capsized. My second was better, I dunked some lower tier BBs. My third?

I just deleted a Nagato in a single salvo from right on the edge of his own gun range. :magical:

Also, my quality of life has improved dramatically since I stopped playing tanks!

That must have been one lucky shot. :captainpop:

Nagato has enough HP that it shouldn't be sunk in one shot unless you hit something critical. Also... at that distance it had to be plunging fire... How much armor does the Nagato have again on its decks? Still.. Bet you can't do that twice. :colbert:

Also, no longer playing Tanks is one of the best thing anyone can do in their lives. So much less frustration. In your case tho, at least you were good at it.

NTRabbit posted:

I've been reading about, drawing, and playing games with warships and naval combat since I was 4, why the gently caress can't I get into the alpha? :smith:

For some reason, I can picture a bunch of model boats in your home... am I right? If I am.. that's just awesome dude.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

If pubbies weren't so bad at the game, WOWS would be fun.

Don't be that guy...

You know drat well it will be a hundred times worst when the server opens and the real pubbies join in.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Cardiac posted:

Holy poo poo, I installed the automatic autoaim and hello snap shotting fun time.
As someone with relatively bad hand-to-eye coordination I can actually finally autolock those long range snap shots without having to put my cursor on the enemy tank.
Driving and aiming is hard.
I guess it is time to start playing my Pattons a lot more now.

Also, 3 3.5k games in a row in my E3/ISU152 and I need 4k.

All of these stupid mods are ruining the game for people like me who plays 100% vanilla.
I wonder how much my stats suffer because of that. Probably not that much, but still.. i can't help but wonder.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Play better I guess?

WitchFetish posted:

git gud scrubs

warcrimes posted:

lol, you're poo poo.

A few months ago, (if you guys remember that convo) I would have argued with you... But after trying to improve my stats, and failing atrociously, I can only agree with all 3 of you. Which is why I have done you all a favor and have stopped playing the game for a little while now... One less pubbie in your way I guess.

I'm hoping I will trash you all in world of Warship tho :black101:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Tahirovic posted:

Makes me wonder if there's actually people out there who believe Chiang "I am losing 60% of my american gear to the commies" Kai-shek wasn't the second worst military leader only beaten by Douglas "the Japanese would never bomb my airfield" MacArthur.

Maybe there's MacArthur fanboys who could be trolled as well.

You would have a much easier time trolling about MacArthur, Churchill or Patton than you would about any chinese/japanese/korean leader. Most people in Europe/North America don't know jack poo poo about other cultures, so it'd be irrelevent. You can always try one of these lines instead:

If Churchill hadn't been such a drunk, Hitler's armies would never have made it out of Germany.
Patton was a coward and its why he liked commanding tanks. A few ton of heavy steel around him is the only way he ever felt safe.
Or my Favorite: The only thing MacArthur ever said that made sense, was that he should nuke China.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Cardiac posted:

From demonR6 descriptions (and not having played WoWS sofar) it sounds like WG not including submarines was probably pretty smart.
So, people in WoWS, is it worth downloading and playing once it is released on the 12th?
Is it as rage inducing as WoT? Cause I really don't need another game like that (I also just downloaded Tropico 5 on Steam sale).

The game is not nearly as rage inducing as WoT. Individual skills seem to matter a lot more than it does in wot. It doesn't matter if you have the biggest and baddest ship if you can't land a shot to save your life. Matchmaking was awful, but it can be expected considering it was just a weekend beta. I can only hope that more players and a bit of tweaking from WG will fix.

The current Meta (or rather, the Meta during the beta weekend) focussed a lot on torpedoes. It almost seems like battleships have been put in the game solely so that destroyers and carriers can sink them using torpedoes. I am not kidding when I say there is just too many god drat torpedoes in the water at any given time.

If its not the enemy team trying to sink you with them, its pubbies on your team unloading theirs at the worst possible time. For example, at the start of the match when they can't possibly hit anyone but their team mates.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Lots of people are having crashes. It may or may not be linked in some way to cheaty mods, but people with no mods on are also getting crashes. The only ways to avoid crashes are to stop playing, or just don't install mods to try to minimize them.

e: also a lot of the time the crash happens when a game ends, even if you're in another game. So a game you were in previously that you left early finishes, and you crash when the result comes in.

I have taken the liberty to bold the most important part of your sentence. As someone who has won W.o.T by no longer playing, I strongly recommend this course of action.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Mesadoram posted:

We got French Canadians. You should be envious.

Fixed it for you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

First, this was from a while ago. I opened up with my current line - "Anyone with a winrate below 50% has proven themselves irresponsible. They should never be allowed to be top tier - it's too much responsibility."

I will pretend he was trying to cross 'irresponsible' with 'disposable' which is definitely true for most pubbies.

Now the meat - I might have someone special.

And now we wait for him to bite again.

If you are willing to poo poo in a bag and send it to the address he gave you, I will pay the postal feces fees.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 8, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

I have absolutely zero context for what any of that means but yeah he's in some tournament they've otherwise been doing pretty well in so on one hand I can understand his frustration but on the other he yells a whole lot and we got people in the apartments right next to us trying to sleep I assume

Oh god do I know how you feel. A few years ago, a friend of mine used to be a roomate. He would suck at games at all hours of the day/night and not give a poo poo about who's in the appartment. He broke a few keyboards and going to Toys 'R us was a weekly event to go buy new PS2 controllers. One day we came back from the store with a new remote and within 1 hour he had ripped the cord from the remote in a fit of rage.

He's lucky cellphone camera's were not a thing back then, cuz his rear end would have ended up on youtube at least once a week.

Come to think of it, Youtube didn't exists back then...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

I'm actually in Denver visiting my brother.

It was Hellsau.

Did you break the keyboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Desuwa posted:

The lee only has one thing going for it and that's raw DPM.

You should have told him Vietnam is a fabrication of the liberal media. The chat logs would have been much, much longer and funnier.