Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Ensign Expendable posted:

How are the new British tanks? Any keepers? I kind of want a Firefly.

Firefly is badass and fun. Slower than poo poo though.

907 is insanely bouncy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hmm I can consistently solo the 113 at 60% over nearly a thousand games i'll just take the 907 out for a spin.

Guess its time to go back to heavies because pubbies are too loving stupid to actually take them to the places they need to be and mediums can't hold poo poo.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Please don't take hellsau's tier lists as anything approaching the gospel truth by the way.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Welp brought the 907 out, got Steppes, was teamkilled almost immediately by people trying to steal a kill. Good times.

Is that with Safe Stowage? Because you should always have Safe Stowage on almost every crew, specially Russian ones.

Penetrating hits through the ufp from 300+ damage guns will damage your ammo rack with safe stowage active fairly regularly. Had a retarded scene against two bulba 907s where all three of us racked each other and spent the rest of the fight in slow motion.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Trying to actually get kills right now is the goddamn worst.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Trying to get kills for the wz-111 missions has been brutal but Christmas came a day late this year.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Kuntz posted:

Do you not have replays enabled or something? Stop withholding the goods, you know we're interested. :colbert:

Sorry I didn't think anybody watched replays. I promise that I didn't add malicious code, honest.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1460531#highway-donkeyhotay-t-34-85

http://wotreplays.com/site/1460535#northwest-donkeyhotay-113

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Quick challenger review after 10 games. It's not great but not nearly as bad as the paper stats make it look. It plays a lot like a retarded e25 with gigantism but you are still shooting really fast. Doubling them up is also pretty funny, I ran into an otter guy playing one on my second game out and suddenly we were melting tier 9s from cover before they knew what the gently caress. I think I ended up with four ace tankers and the other guy five in those nine games.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

are you trying not to break tables on an iphone 1?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Burt posted:

I know why I like playing on the Eu server more than US. Just has a tier 7 game with 28 tier 7s in it.

Are you not in Oz any more?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Alpine Mustache posted:

how are you guys getting 5x XP for your wins today?

warpack.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Ensign Expendable posted:

Ahaha they couldn't even put in the IS-5 with a 100 mm gun that could at least have a gimmick, they just added a mediocre IS-6 clone. Amazing.

Just the shape of the hull and the d10 turret make it look op as poo poo.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Steelion posted:

Yeah, but neither of those links talk about reverse overmatching, which is what you appeared to be talking about. I'm not sure that's a thing, shells that aren't 2x+ the armor just don't get a bonus to normalization, there's no penalty.

It was a real phenomenon that people ran into in ww2 but I've never seen anything concrete about it being modeled in game.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Rorac posted:

The VK's are the worst to me. Although to be honest, I've never had trouble fighting a VK below 45, so for me it gets categorized into 20-30 = poo poo, 45+ = not poo poo.

Still, I once was in a battle that had literally every single VK 3X.XX tank, and I could not tell you the difference between them.

Back when the t9 is-4 was literally unkillable by 5/6 of the tanks it saw in any match and scrubs playing the marder would regularly get 6 kills per game without leaving cap, the vk3601 was still the most overpowered tank in the game by a huge margin

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

PirateBob posted:

gold ammo nob

The funny thing is I was shooting everybody but him with gold that round.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Saint Celestine posted:

Sela does this.

Don't do this.

Its the loving worst idea ever.
The one time I played with sela while he was playing an e-100 running he i decided to oneup him and do the same in a jpe.

I did 4k damage even though it would have been more like 9k shooting ap or heat

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Vengarr posted:

That Yamato video was put back up again if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiLYz95MBI

Ichase also just uploaded another video, this one focusing on destroyers and cruisers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqXn5RJTgc

That looks like a less fun, less deep battlestations: midway.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

after 10 games i still have yet to unlock mt-2 jesus christ

4300xp loss after modifiers

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

It only took 11 tries but I managed to survive a battle that my team won, only to realize that I didn't get credit for the First loving Mission because I somehow managed to un-start it.

gently caress this loving stupid poo poo game.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

that picture is badass, as is the Huge Floating Panther

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Trying to get a ram kill in a heavy is really stupid also i managed to drop a vk7201 on a t49 for.... 340 damage and he just drove away. gently caress off

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

warcrimes posted:

-said every bad pubbie everywhere

he's right.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

http://civil.wotmanager.com/

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

I don't know what that is but I got so burned out after the wz111 grind I haven't really played and certainly haven't paid attention to cw's since december.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

The really cool part is that the WZ-111 is a piece of poo poo.

I've only played 60 games in it but it I have an 86% w/r and 2100 dpg. It's good dood.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

disappointment dot jaypeg

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Did you run out of ammo in the Luchs?!

No, in fact i didn't even shoot any of my gold ammo that round.

It came down to me and an afk(?) kv-1 vs a 400 hp t29 so with 30ish seconds left i tried to drive by him but it didn't work.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

Yeah but you are actually good at this game, so that is hardly a proper comparison. How do you use it best? I probably have 20 or so games in it and haven't gotten comfortable yet.

It's basically an is-3 with much better frontal armor. Anything T8 or below you can reliably bounce *enough* shots to kill before they kill you. (this is assuming you can hide your lfp) You still have the fuckoff spaced sides that make an is-3 so annoying so give anything t9 an angled side to shoot at, and them pop them.

Expect to shoot lots of HEAT at t8+ but hey, its a d-25 what did you expect?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Chinese and American light lines all have positives and negatives but work well for missions.

Germany and France have really good tier 8s, but you have to suffer through some less than stellar tier 6 and 7 tanks to get there.

IIRC the 13/75 has the highest camo rating in the game(?) so spotting missions ahoy.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Overwined posted:

Last time I checked this honor belonged to the UE 57.

Huh. I was way off. That's what I get for not paying attention to anything lower than tier 6.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

JuffoWup posted:

This. I love my 111. The 112 though sucks and should never be bought.

People keep saying that the 112 is bad but it is arguably my favorite tier 8 that isn't the t32 and certainly my go-to credit grinder.

http://1drv.ms/1KGEuqt

I played a couple solo rounds tonight before strongholds stuff and if you are on the fence about the 112 you should at least watch the sand river one. I don't think there is a single other tier 8 that could have won where the 112 did.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

sauer kraut posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/pukanuragan
A good Russian players is streaming the Obj 260.
And sure enough it's an IS-7 that goes 20 uphill, 45+ on flats effortless and the gun seems to be better too.

That looks OP as gently caress and also I want to play against russian pubbies.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WitchFetish posted:

"I don't use gold ammo because actually being efficient and helping my team win would sully my honor and my wonderful 45% winrate. Furthermore, I also refuse to kick my opponent in fighting games, to strafe in FPS or to use the I shaped pieces in Tetris, because for some reason, my loving pubbie brain decided this wasn't fairplay, nevermind the fact everybody does it and it just makes me a loving hindrance for my team."

gold ammo destroyed any hope this game had of ever seeing balance so it isn't the dumbest sentiment

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

In hindsight compared to the current situation I'd rather have premium shells be gold-only even if that meant I'd never fire any myself.

yuuuuuup. I've said for a long time that I would pay a monthly fee for a mode without gold ammo, or even better for a module that meant I couldn't shoot them but those of everybody else shooting me turned into regular ap also.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm an indifferent sniper at best so my charioteer performance is really unreliable but sometimes, man, sometimes

And then nature took over and i died to a stock kv-4

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

I saw your damage and instinctively assumed it was a loss. Fortunately you had more than one teammate deal their own HP in damage.

i'm convinced that if you can't average a tanks hp per battle you are bad at it and shouldn't play it, i just wish i could convince every pubbie of that

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

CitizenKain posted:

I really want a Charoiteer after dinking around with on one test, but playing through the Challenger to get it? Noooooooope. It is crazy they don't give the Challenger at least the 20pdr A barrel, a tier 7 TD with less firepower then a light at that tier is pretty sad.

I feel like rumors of the challenger's badness are wildly overstated. It is fast enough that it makes the charioteer feel slow and it will go shot for shot with an e-25 with more pen and more damage per shot. And it has a turret.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

i've been working on 4k damage spotting for like two weeks. gently caress Off.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Stop encouraging me :(

gently caress it, I am getting my tax return soon. Going to buy it when I get home.

Its faster than the 1390 up to max speed.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

World of Tanks: Snapshot Constantly.

did the patch change snapshotting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone know a good :siren:FREE:siren: program to put my replays on youtube? Youtube is much more convenient than the actual replay system.

i've been using msi afterburner's built in record function for several years. it's free and doesn't give a poo poo if you don't actually have an msi mobo or video card (I don't)