Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm grinding the black prince right now and gently caress it so much. Have fun having to do 3 shots to every 1 from a t29 to kill it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

The Tiger P is so bad that it's not even getting it's existence acknowledged any more. Harsh.

The hell? It's probably my favorite t7 heavy.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Rorac posted:

Watching it go through those ridges on the hill was pretty interesting as well. I get the impression that it's going to open up some parts of maps that were either inaccessible or at least a pain in the rear end to get through.

Also yes, get the turret on the T29. As an added bonus on top of everything mentioned, stupid pubbies will shoot the turret ears because it's easy to penetrate (and is a zero-damage hitbox, so they do fuckall). This is better than them shooting the cupola, because they might actually pen that.

Shooting the ears dealt damage for like a year after launch.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

God we sucked at the tier 6 stage. Nobody has any armor or hp and we never were able to really adjust to it.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

T6 was DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA all the time. It was kind of crazy and surprisingly stressful.

I'm still convinced that a team of HE 34-85s would have absolutely buttfucked the t37 rush meta so hard but none of our callers was willing to try it.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

holy poo poo

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Neither of them *matter* obv but win rate is a really, really lovely metric outside the obvious '47% = bad player '

It's been argued to death but the two months I ran that parser that tracks solo vs platooned w/r I was at something like 61% vs 77%. If I enough to platoon every single game my win rate would be way higher but I wouldn't magically be a better player.

Of course it isn't like there's any reasonable demarcations of skill in this lovely game anyway beyond ' isn't complete fuckup'

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Option 1: Nerf all tier tens to the level of the IS-4, M48, and E4.
Option 2: Buff all tier tens to the level of the 50B, Batchat, and E3.
Option 3: Buff all tier tens except the 113.

the 113 doesn't need it.

:dukedog:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Jack_tripper posted:

moving new players up through the tiers faster is a ridiculously bad idea; I already see plenty of accounts with <3k games making GBS threads up tier 9 games and the constant giveaways are only accelerating it

That isn't exactly a bad thing. As it is, the game is far more forgiving at t6-8 than it is at t1-4, which is insane.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

xthetenth posted:

Well maybe if people trying to get babby's first ten weren't spending literally half their time in a nine tier nine wouldn't be so full of new players. Just go ghetto off tens so they can suck in peace, I'm done spending weeks getting new tens for actual fun game modes.

The hosed up thing is that with all of the on track events + bonus XP missions and events the grind is probably a lot better than at launch.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

Boat talk is boring as hell. gently caress you all and die.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

I am still trying to get through the 'bounce 2x your HP and do 1500 damage' one. Every battle I do one but not the other. Been trying mostly in my KV-220 and Excelsior. It is hard to get the right mix of teammates who will keep me from getting swarmed by 6 tanks while still leaving enough HP for me to collect my damage.

If you have a 112 that mission is insanely easy through the first 2 or 3 tiers.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

IS-3 turret got crazy nerfed, that might be the problem. You can just shoot them in the top and pen

I haven't liked the is3 since those fuckers at wargaming took away the t-10 turret

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

160 pen AP is more than enough for the IS-3's front hull, and almost any gun from any tank that's as tall or taller than the IS-3 will autopen the roof. gently caress, the reason I don't play the IS-3 anymore is because an IS-6 snapshot penned the turret face next to the gun twice in a row with AP. The IS-3 is basically armorless frontally - it gets good mobility and good pen in exchange, and has basically infinite side armor against bad players.

Pubbies are scum in other words.

The tier 8 chinese heavies are all waiting...

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

9.7 public test is out. Patch notes:

Way to just nerf the silver shells, WG.

Seriously. Those motherfuckers.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Players occasionally shot rounds that were not HEAT/APCR. This has been rectified.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

maev posted:

I saw a quickybaby video where he said the 112 was a better is-6. I'm not taking his word as gospel or anything but why is he wrong?

He's not wrong

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

It doesn't have the trolly spaced-armour track siding, it shoots the same gun slower, bad lower plate, bad bloom, worse engine, bad premium round, and no upside.

The upside is vastly improved ufp and turret armor and passability meaning you are faster than an is-6 over most terrain.

If you ever get a chance to facehug an is-6 in a 112 you won't take a point of damage.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

I know the feeling, I just could not win yesterday:

I thought I would try to get some shamrocks last night and gave up after going 2 for 24. What the gently caress.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Nordick posted:

Was browsing through some old poo poo, found this:

Once upon a time, I could still carry.

I really regret not Youtubing that match, it was one of my precious few Pool's medals and won me some gold in one of those XP contests WG used to have.

drat.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I don't know what I'm going to do with all these canadian flag emblems because they sure as poo poo aren't going on my tanks.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

cheese posted:

I don't think purps get to be purps by solo queuing in tier X bricks.

ahem

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

maev posted:

What do you purps do when you're in your slow brick heavy tier 10, on Fiery Salient, with 3 enemy arty?

Decide whether you want to get artied on the hill or artied in the middle of the map and then spend the rest of your time allotted sniping to the area you didn't go to.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

2801 with he is way more fun now that it was before the heat nerf because you don't feel like a cheating piece of poo poo when you play it.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

It penned and tracked him for some reason. (wtf)

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Don't play again. The playerbase is worse and they added a clone of the 183 at the top of a mostly poo poo line so even if you want to get all the tier tens, you either need to play a bunch of poor tanks or free XP to a tier ten that is just unplayably awful.

Though there are a lot of new goons who need T-127 M60 codes if you still have some and they still work.

the tier 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all really good in that line what the neck?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

Having recently finished the Challenger I can confirm that it is bad. It's not AMX 40 bad, but it's bad enough that it caused me to remember the AMX 40 exists. The Challenger is fast, has no armor, mediocre penetration, a high rate of fire and a turret that turns so slowly that you won't believe it. It's pretty much a Cromwell with a tier higher matchmaking and one of the worst turrets in the game.

The tier 8 is all right so far. Looking forward to upgrading the gun on it.

The challenger is a super-e25 without pref mm. Meaning that at least 2/3 of your matches you are op as poo poo.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I told you about the is-8, bro.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

saintonan posted:

It's never just one thing. G kicked a bunch of people for inactivity, then started recruiting people to fill those slots. Since this is a dying game and G's reputation has been taken down a notch recently with other rival clans getting better, G was faced with either not recruiting or setting the bar for admission lower. They chose the latter, and that reinforced the idea that the G tag might not be the Internet tank nerd status symbol it used to be. That led a couple of high profile streamers to reassess their reason to be in the clan, and decide to leave. G has always had a significant number of antisocial spergs like you find in elite guilds of any online computer game, and for some the current unrest is a decent reason to cut ties with people they don't really like.

wat

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Atomizer posted:

So... they couldn't figure out that you only kick inactives when you have a replacement lined up? Like, for the purposes of holding chips, inactives are still valuable. I mean, this is how I handle clan management and we don't even do CW. I actually learned the value of this a couple years ago, before ever leading a clan! :psyboom:

Was it always like that in -G-? I was under the impression that you guys did at least some practicing, rather than pulling a SGLE thing and not practicing at all, running the same strat over and over until it gets cracked.

Both questions can really be answered by the burnout after the campaign/fucktarded 111 grind event. All of the old callers that have been running things in g wanted breaks and nobody good stepped up. The mini campaign thing came along and we essentially had people who hadn't ever called before running every single fight.

The inactive were kicked because we were going to just get off the map and do skirmishes or w/e but then a bunch of stuff came up that has prevented me from playing in the last few weeks so I have no idea how that went.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

I've been hording my CW gold, at 8k right now. What tanks should I shoot for buying? I already got:

T-25, Church 3, EXCELSIOR!, 122-44, T34, FCM and CDC.

I was thinking on just hording more just in case the T54 Proto is as balling as people say.

get a 112

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

There's no loving way the t14 is better than the excelsior

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

i hate this loving game

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

maev posted:

How did this game ever got off the ground with tier 5s against 8s with no gold ammo, jeez.

There isn't a tier 5 in the game that can't pen every tier 8 from the side with silver. The game was way more fun when flanking was mandatory.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The problem isn't with the mediums, the Comet, T20 and others are decent tanks. The prblem is that the heavys get a missive jump at tier 7 with the likes of the Tiger, T29 and Black Prince.

The biggest dog of a medium at tier 7 is the T-43 as it's just a T34-85 that sees tiers 9's

The black prince is one of the worst tanks in the game

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

sela owns gently caress you.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

The Southern Dandy posted:

Where'd you scurry off to these days? The last applicant G took was, well, I won't post it.

I'm still in g but I play like 2 games per week

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm retarded so I bought a t-34-3.

I only had time to solopub two games but uhhhh, I thought this was supposed to be a bad tank.

edit: lookit dat crew xp

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Haquer posted:

I've had 3 matches so far today where my team laments that we're going to lose and I tell them to stop staring at their predicted winrate and just enjoy the game.

"lol enjoy the game shut up"

And then we go on to win after they suicide into the enemy :cripes:

there is no enjoyment in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Why in gently caress are they buffing the is-7 again