Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

buzzsaw.gif posted:

gently caress this game

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How lovely are the new premium tanks for 9.6?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The biggest improvement I got from a mod was the one that displayed your view distance circle, the render distance square thing and then the max spotting range distance or whatever. Without the mod you can get a good generally feeling about how far you can spot but that mod removes tons of guess work.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BP spawn hit R 3 times never stop, profit.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Holy hell the depression on this CDC, not a bad tank even with no armor and no limited mm.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ensign Expendable posted:

PANSY should be.

Logged in for the first time in months and I am still in PANSY so I guess its still going?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Atal Vataman posted:

heres what every new player to the game should do:

1. buy a löwe AND a T34
2. do not read any tutorials/wikis (SPOILERS!)
3. turn off chat
4. play those two tanks exclusively until you can free xp and buy an e100
5. play e100 forever

Please stickie to OP tia.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wouldn't imo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ARL 44 is awesome when it shouldn't be. Fire nothing but gold out of that 105mm gun and just pretend you are gambling with every shot.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TheFluff posted:

it's down there with the Black Prince in the "shameful T7 heavies" corner.

Watch your god drat mouth.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

*Plays 50 games, every stat goes up, win rate goes down welcome back to wot*

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want a Batchat but stuck on the tier 6 tank atm. I absolutely hate playing light tanks even if they are all bullshit right now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

If you don't like the 12t you don't even deserve the Batchat.

I really don't see how one has anything to do with the other. The 12t is a slow, no hp having not too great burst(if you can get all rounds into one target at once then alright its pretty decent) light tank and the batchat is a more zippy, normal hp having awesome burst medium tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

Please don't troll me like this it is very upsetting.

The t in 12t stands for trash :colbert:

But anyway, I read that there are going to be new french tanks in 9.7? Is this a true thing or just some people guessing?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 3, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the AMX 30 the leopard knock off that will have an auto loader WG was talking about 6 months ago?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

gently caress it, give all tier 10 tanks 6-8 round auto-loaders, decrease match timer from 15 minutes to 5 minutes. Rename game Counter-Strike: Tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

saintonan posted:

Or just make MM +/-1 instead of +/-2 universally (i.e. give all tanks premium mm).

I don't understand their argument against this. They don't want players to wait too long for a match? Even playing at poo poo hours for the East Coast server I'll get a game in 10-20 seconds right now, saying this change doubles queue times is 20-40 seconds for a game really too long?

Hell I'm playing another game right now where you have to wait 40 seconds before the game returns everyone to the lobby and then re-queues you and not one really cares.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh hey T57 is the on track tank. Guess I'll pull out my T54 and finish off like 80K xp.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm just new back to the game, but what's the story with the new line up to the T57? Is it objectively better than going up through the T69? I hear a lot of people singing the praises of the Bulldog.

T54 is through the T69. I hear american scouts are great but I got into the T69 before the scouts were even a thing.

The first scout is the T37 I think then like T49.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do you autoloader users still run optics or do you try to maximize your reload time/aim time with vents?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Finally bought my t-34-2. Not exactly sure why. I guess its a nice small little tank with a big gun strap on it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

srb posted:

It is inferior to the premium 34-3, which is pretty rare.

Yeah its really strange that its the case with this tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Atal Vataman posted:

holy poo poo, the amx 30b model is the best one they've made so far. looks amazing

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Needed to add a few more because drat that really is their best model so far.

Is free xping all the way past the 13 75 a reasonable thing to do? If I had to free xp one which would you do the 13 75 or the lorraine?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 4, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have such Tank ADD when it comes to picking a line and grinding it god damnit.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How is an overt neo nazi clan name like 1488 allowed jesus christ.

Ahhh no dude their just a combination of our favorite numbers what are you talking about?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

In general aren't all the true medium lines for all nations pretty consistent?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Well apparently a 3k+ damge game in a 12t gives you 21,000 WN8..

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If they deleted tiers 1-4 and people got to start off with Shermans, panzers and t-34s people might stick it out more.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If the M1 Abrams isn't gods chosen tank in that game then gently caress that game :patriot: :911:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aren't there supposed to be sweet support ships that poo poo on air in that game or did they decide to say gently caress it to that idea?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pimpmust posted:

I look forward to entirely missing the window because it opens when I'm at work and closes before I get home on the first day :suicide:

Whats the time frame we are talking about for it to open?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am just assuming ramming damage is going to be a thing and so I will play like it is 80 BC and I am in a Trireme.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whos going to post about boats were going to be posting about botes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

World of Tanks: Sunk Cost Fallacy Case Study

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

World of Warships: Sunk Cost Fallacy

:drat:

Holy poo poo whats this about a Caern/BP child premium tank I just got the best boner.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 10, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When you play arty just make it into a drinking game. Every time you miss a fully aimed in shot just take a shot. You wont have to play arty for very long.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got to say I am pretty excited about Armored Warfare, the amount of armchair tank commander generals on their forums is making my mouth water.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a way to figure out which tank you have had your best damage blocked game in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Uranium 235 posted:

Disability explains how he has every tank from tier 8-10, won those 10 years of premium in that contest, AND has spent $500 on Hearthstone.

He's living the dream.

drat im pretty jelly.