Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hey check out the photo, look at these guys. will they fix your computer? no they will not, he he

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
But in our own more enlightened age, we're perfectly capable of crowdsourcing our own commandments -- or, at least, that's what a new project would have us believe.
Lex Bayer, an executive at AirBnB, and John Figdor, a humanist chaplain at Stanford University, delivered their own 10 "non-commandments" in a book they co-wrote: "Atheist Heart, Humanist Mind." Bayer said the book forced him to clarify and articulate his own beliefs, and he thought others could benefit from doing the same.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
was expecting this image going by thread title/OP's name

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

newreply.php posted:

was expecting this image going by thread title/OP's name

so cool, i want to hang out with these guys

NOT!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

so cool, i want to hang out with these guys

NOT!

They ask if you want to come along to the firing range this saturday early AM.

You respond:

> :ins:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
i had this one http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/talk-nerdy-to-me/

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

They ask if you want to come along to the firing range this saturday early AM.

You respond:

> :ins:

YOSPOS, bithc!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no they will not

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what a bunch of jerks. the people who are actually qualified to fix a computer explicitly refuse to do it and then wear it as a badge of pride. would you respect a doctor who wore a shirt that said "no, i will not treat your loving cancer"? if you have a skill that is useful to others you are obliged to use it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
if you're good at something never do it for free

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Silver Alicorn posted:

if you're good at something never do it for free

lowtax pays me ten cents a post

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

*runs into thread* hey guys *pant* has anyone said *wheeze* no they will not *cough* yet? *collapses*

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Widdiful posted:

*runs into thread* hey guys *pant* has anyone said *wheeze* no they will not *cough* yet? *collapses*

no they did not :xd:

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Hell, I wouldn't want to fix a Dell computer either.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Someone please post the printer story, thank you in advance

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lowtax pays me ten cents a post

lol l@@k at this per-post compensated idiot who isnt on SA's posting retainer yet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

what a bunch of jerks. the people who are actually qualified to fix a computer explicitly refuse to do it and then wear it as a badge of pride. would you respect a doctor who wore a shirt that said "no, i will not treat your loving cancer"? if you have a skill that is useful to others you are obliged to use it

just as I am obliged by society to give people drugs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

hey guys can you fix my com

oh

nevermind

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
fix a man's computer and he can compute for a day. tell a man to buy a Mac and he can compute for a lifetime

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

The Management posted:

tell a man to buy a Mac

lol

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
my friends and family do a good job of making me feel valuable and appreciated by regularly asking me computer questions to which the answer is the first google result. thanks, friends and family. thriends and thamily

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

newreply.php posted:

my friends and family do a good job of making me feel valuable and appreciated by regularly asking me computer questions to which the answer is the first google result. thanks, friends and family. thriends and thamily

Whenever this happens, I link them to the relevant xkcd comic and walk away with my palm over my face.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've fixed about 95% of my family's computer issues but i was stumped by "aaack help i was writing my paper directly into this online form and relying on chrome's saved-session feature to recover it every time i restarted the computer and now it's gone for some reason, make it come back"

still wonder if there was a way to get that one back

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
You can usually tell the levels of computer nerds by the text on their shirts. The higher level nerds will have "no I will not fix your loving computer" because they are proportionally more annoyed than the ones with "no I will not fix your computer."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i've fixed about 95% of my family's computer issues but i was stumped by "aaack help i was writing my paper directly into this online form and relying on chrome's saved-session feature to recover it every time i restarted the computer and now it's gone for some reason, make it come back"

still wonder if there was a way to get that one back

haha wtf

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
you should fix your family's computers if you can, otherwise they might stop loving you and then you will have no one, no one at all

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i've got 99 problems but a bitch !1

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

The Management posted:

fix a man's computer and he can compute for a day. tell a man to buy a Mac and he can compute for a lifetime

:)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i've got 99 problems but a bitch !1

:newlol: at your new av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Hed posted:

:newlol: at your new av

yeah someone owns because a) they made me an avatar b) they bought me an avatar and c) they remembered something random i said like 4 months ago

i think that level of effort can only mean i am despised but w/e it's the thought that counts

• Locked thread