Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Man rolls up in a car woth an open window. "I would if I could.... Bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I pirated the saga 2 remake, which is the only way I could play it

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Man rolls up in a car woth an open window. "I would if I could.... Bitch!"

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
mom keeps picking up the phone so i got partial cars laying around everywhere and its annoying why can't you resume downloads of cars

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

obstipator posted:

the only people that still pirate games today are kids without a credit card. steam makes it super easy to buy and play games so imo as long as you have funds you shouldnt pirate games. ubisoft goes way overboard with piracy and makes their games suck tho. earthbound, now thats a game that handled piracy correctly. oh and arkham asylum was good to. someone find the post a goon got banned for where he was stuck in the middle of nowhere when he pressed F

Go back to YOSPOS.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

A friend of piracy is no friend of games. gently caress you op.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i think it's important for companies to protect their intellectual property but it is also important to steal poo poo

I had pirated so many games in the past to check if they'd run (the various PC Checkers have never been accurate for me) but I've bought most of them after and gotten my friend to buy many of them as well. Prototype comes to mind, I played all of 10m on my PC and he went nutso over it and bought a copy the next day for his PS3. I did pirate Binding of Isaac Rebirth to see if it was different enough to bother spending a tenner on (I played a single run, died before Mom, and decided to buy it).

Nowadays with my PC that can run most stuff I'm a legal owner of all the games I actually play, and it's kinda crazy. Why anyone would pirate a game to play through when Steam is selling nearly everything for pocket change is beyond me, and with my enormous backlog of games if there's something I really want I just wait for it to be on sale and work through the dozen other games I'm playing.

And in my continued 100% agreement with Doctor Goat (who is apparently a lost clone of myself):

Doctor Goat posted:

let's be real though nobody feels bad about piracy

i think steam's convenience is why i completely stopped pc piracy

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I pirated Grid 2 because goons have mostly terrible opinions on racing games and I had no idea if it was good or not. A few months later I bought it.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thug Lessons posted:

Go back to YOSPOS.

:wth:
gently caress off guy. i'd go through your post history and shame you for something but im on mobile so eh :shrug:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

obstipator posted:

gently caress off guy. i'd go through your post history and shame you for something but im on mobile so eh :shrug:

go back to africa

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

go back to africa

Shame on you.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I enjoy supporting developers of games I like, especially when i know some of them are smalltime devs

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Doctor Goat posted:

I downloaded Borderlands Pre-Sequel

gay

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I only pirate lovely games so that their developers go bankrupt sooner from all the negative sales!! Sometimes I do it twice and tell my friends to do it too

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

jyrque posted:

I only pirate lovely games so that their developers go bankrupt sooner from all the negative sales!! Sometimes I do it twice and tell my friends to do it too

thank you forums poster jyrque, finally somone else like me

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i never pirated games but it's not because i possess a superior moral sense than others. i just had lovely internet connections as a kid that made pirating an impossible dream. but now i have a proper job and it's easier for me to just click buy on steam than look around on some bit torrent poo poo.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

obstipator posted:

No one needs to check your post history to tell where you came from when your go-to insult is "they don't even have a credit card!!!"

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I used to pirate games, but I don't do that anymore. Steam and Gog.com with their frequent sales is just easier.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Im gonna pirate a SA plat account

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thug Lessons posted:

No one needs to check your post history to tell where you came from when your go-to insult is "they don't even have a credit card!!!"

oh how very yospos of me to state literally the main reason that kids pirate games instead of buying them in the f*****lippin reasons for piracy thread

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mach2 posted:

I had pirated so many games in the past to check if they'd run (the various PC Checkers have never been accurate for me) but I've bought most of them after and gotten my friend to buy many of them as well. Prototype comes to mind, I played all of 10m on my PC and he went nutso over it and bought a copy the next day for his PS3. I did pirate Binding of Isaac Rebirth to see if it was different enough to bother spending a tenner on (I played a single run, died before Mom, and decided to buy it).

Nowadays with my PC that can run most stuff I'm a legal owner of all the games I actually play, and it's kinda crazy. Why anyone would pirate a game to play through when Steam is selling nearly everything for pocket change is beyond me, and with my enormous backlog of games if there's something I really want I just wait for it to be on sale and work through the dozen other games I'm playing.

And in my continued 100% agreement with Doctor Goat (who is apparently a lost clone of myself):

This forum is infested with lovely retards.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

obstipator posted:

oh how very yospos of me to state literally the main reason that kids pirate games instead of buying them in the f*****lippin reasons for piracy thread

This forum is infested with homos.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont play pc gfames but i ahve a flash cart for my 3ds so i can play regular ds stuff.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it has a snes emulator on it as well... and a gbc one i wont use.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

if you could buy a Nintendo game, but you don't, you are some kind of rear end in a top hat, pal !!!!

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This forum is infested with lovely retards.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This forum is infested with homos.

The two top reasons I enjoy Imp Zone

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mach2 posted:

The two top reasons I enjoy Imp Zone

its good to see a man live up to his ideals

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Thanks to 3D printing technology I think that within my lifetime you will be able to download a car for real and boy will I do it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fumaofthelake posted:

Thanks to 3D printing technology I think that within my lifetime you will be able to download a car for real and boy will I do it.

Thanks to 3D printing technology I won't have to leave my house.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I pirated star trek armada on a 56k when i was a teenager. It took about a week of downloading 50 some odd parts of a 700mb segmented rar and waking up before my parents to shut it down. They didn't give a poo poo about stealing games but the phone being tied up all night was a problem

It ran like poo poo, mp didn't work, and later I bought it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i pirated serious sam once and it turned out to be max payne

then later i downloaded red faction and it was max payne

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i pirated serious sam once and it turned out to be max payne

then later i downloaded red faction and it was max payne
Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

Thanks to 3D printing technology I won't have to leave my house.

Personally, I'm just waiting for digitization technology so I can leave this world behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

• Locked thread