Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans went 9-7 with a menagerie of poo poo at QB. This is good

They go from a 4th place schedule (Bills and Raiders) to a 2nd place schedule (Bengals and Chiefs) which is a pretty lateral move considering they played the Bengals this year anyway. Go from playing AFCN and NFCN to AFCE and NFSC. So the schedule looks a little easier. A lot depends on a) how much the division/Bortles improves and b)if they can get anything out of their upcoming draft/Clowney/the rest of the 2014 non-contributors

I think there's a real chance at being a 10+ win team, maybe better depending on how the QB situation ends up

Andre Johnson and Jonathan Joseph probably get cut if they don't restructure, I have no doubt Kareem Jackson is back either way

There aren't any other really significant free agents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Titans are awful. Blowing the team up and starting all over is the only answer. I can't think of a single positive thing from this season.

Mettenberger had moments where he looked like he could be really good

e: Going back to the Texans playing a 2nd place schedule, I'm so glad the Chiefs beat the Chargers in week 17 to pass them in the standings even though the Browns didn't help the Texans. I'm a lot more terrified of the Chargers than the Chiefs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

ryan leaf at least had the physical skills to be an NFL quarterback

A crippling drug addiction isn't a skill

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

three posted:

I don't know man. The Jaguars seem to have a roster of nobodies.

It seems like that Jags have a bunch of young guys who aren't superstars but are surprisingly good. They could surprise some people soon, or maybe they just seem that way to me because they play the Texans tough and it's a divisional game and the Texans aren't that great anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Welcome to the "Superbowl quality team hosed by QB injury" club, Cardinals fans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I understand you Cards fans are emotional but try to refrain from the slapfighting

SA2K, you have no such excuse, knock it off

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's not like his teammates didn't know what he was capable of already

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

When did you become a mod, dude?

I want to say like 3 or 4 months ago

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

gently caress off bitch

Yeah this is a good idea

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

oh no, probated/banned because i said i like ryan lindley. you are a fair and good mod

what a loving joke

Forgetting how thick you're being, this post is literally the first time you've mentioned Ryan Lindley in this thread

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I refuse to believe that Ponder or Freeman wouldn't have been better as signings off the street than sticking Lindley out there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WHOOPS posted:

Ponder wasn't a free agent. He even started a game. And threw like 50 times. It ended very badly.

I thought he got released when they moved on to Teddy?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

adaz posted:

Realistically you'd have to get a QB who had at least seen Arians playbook before to try and be up to speed in 2 weeks. I mean, Kevin Kolb ....

If I hated Kevin Kolb with every fiber of my being I still wouldn't wish on him being thrown out on a football field ever again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

Logan Thomas is one of those QB prospects where you look at his measurables and arm strength and think "why isn't this guy a bigger deal?"

Then you watch a Virginia Tech game and go "oh....oooohhh"

Kind of like Tom Savage :sigh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wanvig posted:

It's worth sharing again, but here's an article from October by Kolb himself about dealing with his concussions, what he's doing now, and even surviving a hurricane.

To directly address your comment though, he and a friend own a mining equipment business and he knows he's done playing football.

I wonder how often he has to be reminded he's done playing football

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dark pants :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24941611/jj-watt-does-not-appreciate-the-words-totes-and-bae

JJ Watt doesn't like the words "totes" or "bae"

I'm sure you jerks will rip him for that one too :mad:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Running around after an inflated ball is serious mans business, only thing that compares is being troops

*signs $100m contract*

Yaws posted:

What is it with this guy? He acts like a grumpy 90 year old man.

JJ Watt has been in the league for four years. In the 2012 season he became the first ever player to have a PFF score over 100. After setting the record in 2012, he broke it in 2013, then broke that one again this year

He can be a stick in the mud all he wants

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Too early? Dude, it's still so early there are 32 NFL teams would could make that claim.

Certainly the Texans couldn't. You have to go all the way to the 6th round to find a player who played more than one full game before being lost to injury and wasn't irredeemably awful and Clowney's knee is probably going to gently caress his career

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans 2005

1-16 DT Travis Johnson
3-73 RB Vernand Morency
4-114 KR Jerome Mathis
5-151 C Drew Hodgdon
6-188 S CC Brown
7-227 LB Kenneth Pettway

:barf:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wheez the roux posted:

jj watt is insanely good and it's amazing watching him play and any team would love to have him on their roster because we won't see a player like him for another generation, at least. but if he were in the military he'd get tillman'd in a loving hurry because holy poo poo is nothing worse than being stuck in closed quarters with some hyper-square rear end in a top hat with no sense of humor for extended periods of time. being as serious as he is about football even when just talking casually about it is lol as gently caress because even actual combat veterans don't talk about their service as seriously as he treats pigskin and it'd get old really loving quick

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in TFF, even for a Seahawks poster

Also: do you really think the military is short of guys who take the whole thing super seriously?

e3 (annihilates e2!): Oof I'm pretty annoyed by this not just because he's on my favorite team but ugh I should just take a step back. Still think it's v dumb

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 13, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JJ Watt is super serious about football arguably to a fault, but what you can't argue is the results

Being the way he is might not be necessary for everyone but obviously it works for him

It's not like I'm saying everyone has to be super serious all the time

e: This whole thing is making me chuckle a bit because the most super serious military dude I know washed out of marine boot camp

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: Eh dumb derail

JJ is really good though

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 13, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That Works posted:

30, on the subject of the NFL’s “Black Monday”:
“There’s only two kinds of coaches — those that are fired and those who are going to get fired.”

This owns.

Bill Cowher never got fired :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seahawks fans posted early, we get it, stop talking about it if you want to be able to post in the AFCCG GDT

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

I'll take the blame for that, it was just my one post after too many first-half beers.

I try not to shitpost too much but that was obviously a mistake on my part.

That's fine, and it was fine that you got called out for it, but it's over and done and needs to stop. Packers fans, welcome to the thread

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Condolences, Ravens fans. Kubiak the new Broncos HC

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

even though most guys take any offered HC position in a heartbeat i didn't think i'd see kubes making the jump

oh well hopefully baltimore grabs shanahan before some other team grabs him

Kubiak played for Denver, is good friends with Elway, I knew if the Denver job came open and he got an offer he'd take it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

Soooo are the Colts gonna find a real O-line and defense, or are they determined to repeat the Peyton era with Luck?

I hope the latter

Except without the domination over the Texans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not sure I agree with the Texans being good next year considering the plan is either Ryan Mallett or some rookie who isn't Jameis or Mariota

The Colts will likely have their automatic five or six wins in the division and then we also play the NFC South

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Give them Cutler

I'd be fine with that but it would be hard to fit him under the cap and it would prevent us from bringing back Derek Newton or Kareem Jackson, two names I can't believe I'm concerned about losing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The NFL is being sued for $88 billion for overturning the Dez Bryant catch

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015/01/finally-a-federal-lawsuit-over-the-dez-bryant-catch-against-green-bay-that-wasnt.html/

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Edit: Actually yeah the title game was the suspension and Broncos game was just a healthy scratch. Of course after the Broncos game he declared it would "never happen again", so who knows what went on behind the scene.

He was probably right in that he will never be a healthy scratch against the Broncos as a Colt again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We are now in the offseason, this thread has no purpose. Post there

• Locked thread