Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

and december is nearly over

just a friendly public service announcement :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 30, 2008
It's also a bad game for video game hipsters who think kojima is too mainstream. Public service announcement.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game is rear end so who cares.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ps3 tho+??

Dec 26, 2012

anyone who wanted to play this probably already did, but ok

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Guest posted:

It's also a bad game for video game hipsters who think kojima is too mainstream. Public service announcement.

This but Dark Souls.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
video game hipsters who think kojima is too mainstream

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

lmfao

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Actually it's good. Although I heard PS3 directors cut had a lot of problems, just get the 360 version people.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Psycobladder posted:

Actually it's good. Although I heard PS3 directors cut had a lot of problems, just get the 360 version people.

No it's a lovely game who's main allure is terrible voice acting.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Psycobladder posted:

The Taint Reaper posted:

No it's a lovely game who's main allure is terrible voice acting.

you act like both these things aren't true.

it's a total piece of poo poo and also really good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

actually i'll just save everyone time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Psycobladder posted:

whats good about it

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I like the cast of characters, the weird jankiness and atmosphere, and the story kept me playing, even when I had enough of the combat and driving. I think the good points are really good and outweigh the mediocre gameplay, but that's up to you to decide. It's a flawed game, but a very unique one. give it a chance, it's literally free.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

"F K in the coffee"

comedy gold

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bumping for the last day of december. if somebody could sticky this, that'd be even better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was tricked into buying this during a steam sale. It's doo doo rear end that plays like poo poo and looks awful. Save yourself the time and just watch twin peaks

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you for this thread, OP, I had forgotten to claim my games for this month. I would have missed out on the Hitman HD trilogy, and since I've hardly played these games I look forward to it now.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Guest posted:

Zach, I'm as shocked as a weasel in an electric chair.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Yeah don't get the PC port, it sucks rear end. Did anyone ever make that that cereal jam turkey sandwich? York real sold me on it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The mark of a truly enlightened gamer is the ability to have fun with a "bad" game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alien isolation would be much better if it was york vs raincoat killer instead of lady vs alien

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

Yeah don't get the PC port, it sucks rear end. Did anyone ever make that that cereal jam turkey sandwich? York real sold me on it.

I have and it's good. I use strawberry jam and cornflakes/corn chex.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Tastee posted:

I have and it's good. I use strawberry jam and cornflakes/corn chex.

i don't think it counts unless you use cap'n crunch. consult your dentist first.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The "good" parts just aren't good enough to justify dealing with the sheer garbage

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I'm bummed D4 is an xbone exclusive, really wanna try that game out. Also here is my ranking of weird Japanese developers.
1. Kojima
2. Swery
3. Suda 51

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psycobladder posted:

I'm bummed D4 is an xbone exclusive, really wanna try that game out. Also here is my ranking of weird Japanese developers.
1. Kojima
2. Swery
3. Suda 51

its like a 4 hour long interactive movie just watch a video of it while waving your arms around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I watch every movie while waving my arms around and pretending I'm controlling the actors.

• Locked thread