Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

the "bitter about other m and sticker star" meme is run into the ground imo
I don't know what Sticker Star is, I just thought it was a funny thread idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Metroidcraft

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Found on a crumpled note -- New York Metroids: good marketing opportunity? Talk to ad team. Balls painted to look like Samus?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dark Samus as a Wario-style antihero.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

metroid... metroid... metroid...

*leans back in chair and exhales explosively while looking up at the ceiling*

metroid... uhhh

*sighs heavily, puts elbows on executive roundtable, shoulders drooping*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A powerpoint presentation titled "Metroid." Every slide is blank but we sit quietly and pretend they aren't.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Everyone has forgotten what Metroid is except Sakamoto. He is given the job by default.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

metrod

mitros

mortred?

miltorb???

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
could we get a talking Metroid? a cute little baby Metroid? I'm thinkin glilke olaf from frozen. Actually, can we get the rights for olaf?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The next Metroid game will be a scrolling shootemup and Samus' ship gets to use variants of all the suit powerups. The levels will play out more like a puzzle where you have to use the right suit powerup at the right times.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Actually a game where you play as a metroid trying to escape from space pirates or something could potentially be neat too.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

oh no! samus has been kidnapped by pirates! it's up to baby metroid to navigate around the traps set by pirates to set samus free!

*literally donkey kong jr. with different sprites*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey You! Metroid

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

FMV Metroid romance game with explicit scenes.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Silver Striker posted:

FMV Metroid romance game with explicit scenes.
Your romance options are metroid, space pirate scient team member, and Ridley.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

jrpg where samus has to team up with a misfit gang of aliens to face a threat like no other before. noble warrior guy space pirate party member voiced by keith david, some kind of magical but clumsy catgirl provides comic relief and fanservice scenes with samus

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Only contextual jumping.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What if we made a fighting game where we brought other Nintendo characters into the Metroid universe and had them duke it out? We could call it Metroid Melee and it would be amazing!

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Metroid in reverse. You lose all your powers as the game progresses. But it's all a dream.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
for real though how badass would it be if they went open world like the new Zelda and you could zip around the galaxy in the ship hunting bounties.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

for real though how badass would it be if they went open world like the new Zelda and you could zip around the galaxy in the ship hunting bounties.
*everyone at the meeting rolls their eyes and makes the jerking off hand sign*

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The franchise needs to move in a new radical direction. Picture this: Metroid the board game. It would be one of those RPG style ones where you play through the different level boards.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"How about a board game?" Everyone laughs and they put Shigeru Miyamoto on speakerphone and tell him and he's like "yeah and then put the board game on Virtual Boy" and you have to honorably commit seppuku.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Open world Metroid game where if you see a star, you can go there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

This was the original design idea for Corruption but it didn't pan out and they had to abandon the choices while retaining the planets

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

Open world Metroid game where if you see a star, you can go there.
*sky is utterly devoid of stars*

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

*sky is utterly devoid of stars*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

A confused Japanese man looks at a copy of Bayonetta, then a copy of Metroid Prime, then back, then again. An idea?????

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
This time you are the metroid.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Only Samus Aran can save the world by catching all the metroids and storing them in the power-up-pouches on her boobs and buttocks.

Every time you catch another metroid, you get to choose which gets bigger. It is empowering

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

A white board on which "femenesm???" has been written and crossed out over and over again.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
The Last Metroid...is YOU!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
not you, just another you, and then you lez up

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Two player coop where one plays Samus and the other authorizes Samus

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

wait, thats not co-op at all

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
it's coop in the sense that me kicking you in the balls is coop.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Two player coop where one plays Samus and the other authorizes Samus
Use your mic function to authorize Samus to use her weapons in Authorized Defense Anti Metroid.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Use the WiiU touchpad to play the weapon unlocking mini-game, featuring content licensed from Candy Crush saga.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Samus in draculas castle with a whip and transforms into a bat and gas and a wolf and also she look a like a man and its probably the best 2d game of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
samus in on the sega genesis...what the christ??

• Locked thread