Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Metroid but roguelike?
-You never know where the ice-beam will be, might create unbeatable levels
+Maximum replay value
-Single player only
+Auction house for weapon trading (+++with real money???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Not "microtransactions," "authorization fees." Good work on this one, Jun.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright in Mother Brain Indicted! - Featuring Samus

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This reminds me of a puzzle.. about babies

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blackheart posted:

This reminds me of a puzzle.. about babies
Bust-A-Move 4?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guillermo del Toro directs a new Metroid movie.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nintendo executive plays Senran Kagura, realizes Samus is also a woman, lightbulb slowly turns on in his head.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One month in the creative control is passed on to Quentin Tarentino.

Film becomes about Samus Aran (Uma Thurman) on a quest to recover the boots of her morph ball suit. Features lots of lingering close up shots of her walking barefoot on various surfaces and describing how it feels.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Unguided posted:

Nintendo executive plays Senran Kagura, realizes Samus is also a woman, lightbulb slowly turns on in his head.
Her armor already breaks off if she takes enough damage so that's kind of redundant, sorry.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

aaron diaz redesigns metroid

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Two words: cover shooter

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Samus Aran is: Lady

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Exclusively on Oculus Rift, brought to you by the dream team of John Carmack and John Romero, Metroid, now a murky brown colour but with tits when you look down.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wait, I got it! All these people clamoring for better representation for women...they'll be willing to pay for it, right?

We make a game as usual, but all the cutscenes are shots of Samus' butt. No, let's make that part of the game too. It'll be a revolutionary butt-person view game! And as a day-one DLC, we'll let them have butt-light cutscenes for 2 bucks a pop. We wait a month and then release a 20 dollar DLC to play the game with a normal camera, but not after insisting we won't. They'll think we're saints then when we do.

I'M BRILLIANT!! Nancy, send in another Taiwanese prostitute! Winter Bonus has come early!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

*looks at sidescrolling 2-d platform shooter* i literally have no idea what i should do with this. i am lost. i have no clue. does anyone actually like this? *looks at sidescrolling 2-d platform jumpman* ah-hah! this i can wrap my head around! make a million of these games!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Metroid needs a strong lead character. Go license that mega-guy they put in smash, everyone loves him

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Samus Aran, a humble guava farmer, must save her love interest, the Governor's beautiful daughter, Adam, from the deadly Mariachi Ridley and his mexican themed minions by unlocking her luchador heritage.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Samus lands on an isolated planet and explores the world whilst gaining upgrades which allow her to traverse the environment in novel ways, encounters strange and alien creatures and fights powerful, screen filling bosses whilst coming into conflict with her old foes, the Space Pirates who are trying to weaponise something they probably shouldn't. Her diverse skillset and the open ended world design allows the game to be completely quickly and with minimal powerups by advanced players whilst still being accommodating to more casual or less skilled gamers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Samus lands on an isolated planet and explores the world whilst gaining upgrades which allow her to traverse the environment in novel ways, encounters strange and alien creatures and fights powerful, screen filling bosses whilst coming into conflict with her old foes, the Space Pirates who are trying to weaponise something they probably shouldn't. Her diverse skillset and the open ended world design allows the game to be completely quickly and with minimal powerups by advanced players whilst still being accommodating to more casual or less skilled gamers.

Mods, ban this sick filth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Everyone at Nintendo invites their nieces and nephews to come design the new Metroid game, but they all decline.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Metroid themed stage in an Elite Beat Agents sequel.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
a loving 2d metroid game for the 3ds!?! wow what a great idea thanks mltank

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Samus attempts cognitive behavioral therapy for her Ridley based panic attacks and codependency towards Adam.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Metroid but Borderlands also? Call America about rights to Tiny Tina.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[in insanely retarded Korean voice] me-troooid moeeee Bahhg

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metroid, and the quest for the golden treasure

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spooked! The Story of Ghost Samus

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
A visor that detects levels of irony

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't understand why we called the game metroid and it's not even the name of the playable character.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't understand why we called the game metroid and it's not even the name of the playable character.
Metroid is the name of the princess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kraid: You dare to bring light into my lair?

Samus: That's mama Samus to you.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Samus in a gundam

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Samus 1/2

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the power suit is taken over by a virus and goes on a killing spree and samus must clear her name and bring her suit to justice. but when she finds the suit there's no virus it's actually a ghost?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the power suit is taken over by a virus and goes on a killing spree and samus must clear her name and bring her suit to justice. but when she finds the suit there's no virus it's actually a ghost?
Isn't this literally the SA-X?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Medroidvania

Instead of a suit Samus has a van and instead of a platformer or FPS it's a crazy taxi clone where you deliver weapons to people fighting metroids.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's kill some crazzzzY metroids!

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A 2d morphball puzzle game in the bad rats engine.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what if all the pokeballs in all the pokemon games became morph balls? would that help? is this good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You, the male player, order Samus to do one of the four moves her pretty little head can hold at any one time

• Locked thread