Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Oh cool you recreated the thread that you thought was bad and poo poo?
Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the stanely parable owns and if you didnt play the original back then you misse dout big time

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Id rather have my dick be full of fistulae and get the flute guy from jethro tull to play freebird on my organ after eating a kilo of carolina reapers than have widestancer be a mod

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
If you clik on the steam toolbar you cna find backup and restore game files. Use that its pretty simple and im sure theres some compression involved

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

zen death robot posted:

drat i didn't know you were that big of a fan of hers

She promised to coordinate with me and dress as regina for comic on but instead went as some gay rear end rpg character and from then on ive been a salty dylan

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
stux youre a big human being haha

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
stux: mario galaxy is a game for gays!!! for fags!!! big stinking homos!!!

me:

stux: you have disrespected the plight of the oppressed for the last time *adopts fag kwan do stance*

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

axleblaze posted:

I havent played Cpt Toad so I don't know how that is. I don't even know how it's been received because I stopped reading the WiiU thread because I hated everyone in it

apparently its a VERY short game, but a great one

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i like luigi cause he actually has a character instead of stoic resolution like mario, non ww link, samus, and pretty much every lovely "iconic" character in nintendo. mario is a bit more cheery but still, hes a bore.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
thats also why ww link is the best cause he emotes and shows personality. hes still silent but you can infer what he feels like about many things. he gets annoyed, very happy, etc.

i like that a lot more than loving stone face pretty boy fag in a green skirt 24/7

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Stop buying games on impulse, only buy something if you think you're actually going to engage with it for more than one play session, use your leftover money to do other fun things which aren't playing games.

i really dont get people who have trouble with this

the only times i played games i didnt like was when i gave a shot to some bundle stuff i didnt buy the bundle for

you yourself know better than anyone what you're gonna like, and i get it, sometimes watching a trailer or reading a review won't give you the full picture but come on

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

precision posted:

You might say that Wei Shen is a very dangerous man

hey is your av from phoenix vs layton?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Endorph posted:

but if you just want to beat it because 'well, i spent money on it' then thats dumb. beating it won't get you your money back. it'll just mean you wasted money on it and spent your free time doing something you didn't like doing.

wisdom

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Adam Bowen posted:

Is maya the big titty ghost whisperer one?

mia = big booby bitches whoah

maya = cool beans maya

pearl = you're a pedophile

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Endorph posted:

binding of isaac looks fun but the whole aesthetic of the game is kind of unpleasant to me

not that im actively vomiting or anything it's just unappealing

its a real drab and dull palette with monsters that are basically a high school edgy kid's sketches on the back of social studies notebook, but it's so loving good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Problem Sleuth posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Distance which is a remake of a free game called Nitronic Rush. I think the group made Nitronic Rush while students and now they're graduated and making Distance as a full game.

And this is Drift Stage!

nitronic rush is pretty much everything i wanted in a racing game and im glad they are making it again but better

gonna check out drift stage later thanks for link

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Sweetgrass posted:

Oddworld: New n' Tasty

was this good? been a big oddworld fan since i was a kid and i was ecstatic they kept trying to bring it back and wouldn't mind playing a better abe's oddysey

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I liked MGS2 and raiden, and enjoyed the insane ramblings about information control at the end

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's Abe's Odyssey. It owns.

exoddus was even better though. that quicksave, man

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
also the blind mudokons were the source of the funniest accidental comedy in a game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I have excellent news for you.

yeah i imagine they added quicksave to oddysey in new n tasty, but you know, im wary of rehashes and remakes cause oddworld remakes havent had a good pedigree. The firs stranger's wrath remake was a goddamn mess

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

hubris.height posted:

oh man do you guys remember newgrounds? cause i got this game from there on my ps4 called binding of issac

look, you can throw poo! can you imagine?!

yeah man i also like to analyze the mysoginy in binding of isaac and the overarching wrong themes. did you know you always rescue the princess in acclaimed Super Mario Bros and that's chauvinistic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
absolute sincere post: the binding of isaac artstyle and general look is trash but if you care about that in a game you're a human being

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Not really. Its really slow and nothing exciting happens.

this is an actually good opinion

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

axleblaze posted:

Saturn was a system made thinking that sprites were still going to be the way games were. This is odd considering Sega had polygon based hits before the Saturn came out. Saturn had the best sprites out of the three at the time but that hardly mattered because the world had moved on to ugly polygons. Sony just got lucky and had a system that handled the two things the other two couldn't that really made that gen stand out. It did polys better than Sega and FMVs better than Nintendo. Both of those were things that just weren't important in the previous gen, so their experience kind of worked against them.

i still have to play the two isos of clockwork knight

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ahundredbux posted:

There is only one roguelike for me and it is dungeons of dredmor because I am a casual baby

i enjoyed that

only got to dredmor himself once and died

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

hubris.height posted:

yeah just pour the poo poo into my eye holes

i too enjoy games that look like i'm reading arf jason posts

i copied your post history and slapped it on notepad, then renamed it post.exe which after clicking launched into all the cinematics of the gay romance paths in mass effect

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
what im trying to say is that maybe you're probably about as gay as the ballad of gay tony, with not even enough full frontal nudity to warrant me getting horny

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Alain Post posted:

There are remarkably few gay romances in Mass Effect.

as a young hormoned up negrito with homoerotic tendencies; that's disappointing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

We've hit 15 pages and I am going to convene the council of people who shall decide the fate of this thread. I invoke the ritual to summon the following people:

Zen Death Robot
ArfJason
FactsAreUseless: voted gas and a fun name for the next thread
Ullerrm
Endorph
Kewpuh
Cowcaster
WORST FORUMS GUY

my vote goes to "i'm gonna end your pathetic piece of poo poo life with spring loaded diesel powered dick thrusts. When you finally succumb to excessive cervical punctures, i will enter blade mode and dissassemble your weak retard body, then go slap chop on the tip of my penis until there's nothing but several fleshy strands like the face of cthulhu. I will promptly deploy my palette of vile substances, dip my dickbrush on Fecal Brown and Purulent Green and paint a picture of severe faggotry, where your face is a magic eye picture pattern. gently caress you cum waste retarded rear end in a top hat bitch who wish could be a loving videogame space slut." but honestly that's just my two cents and my opinions aren't very relevant; they shouldn't decide the fate of a thread like this all by their lonesome. Also the game Bleed is real nice, but very short, I wish they would add some extra content.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

So far the thread's prospects are looking better than expected. :wth:

Anyone wanna play some Borderlands 1 sometime this week?

shut the gently caress up stupid hydrocephalic human being

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
conflating imp zone into being anything more than a videogame forum by saying "it's speeecial" or "It's a real cool place motherfucker" is some of the gayest poo poo i can read on the internet, so i implore you to stop

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
jesus christ stop talking about each other's "posting styles" or whatever, do you realize how loving dumb this is like do you even have the cognitive systems to process this

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Please realize it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i think i might game some more

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Eonwe posted:

good! whats your jam lately?

mine has been dungeon crawl stone soup and nuclear throne

ever since i came back from the holidays ive played metal gear rising, and have left isaac, so im going back to isaac. I'm 10 achievements from completing it, so I'm gonna work on completin some challenges. Maybe after that ill play nuclear throne which zoq fot gave to me
heard a lot of good stuff about it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Acquire Currency! posted:

I remember last year when you posted in the steam winter sale thread and you had a wicked huge sig and no one complained. It was a cool sig tho I remember.
Game on.

yeah when you get banned sa clears your sig to put that crazy wicked "this thread brought..." line. Besides, i set salr quick reply to disable the show sig checkbox so i have to manually turn it on

Davincie posted:

i would have completed isaac by now if bugs wouldn't have made it impossible

i just tried family man challenge for the first time and with some clever play, im guppy and have like 5 damage up items. my flies mutilate everything. i am death incarnate.
gently caress you, cathedral, you're going down

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Star Guarded posted:

I've always wondered this and I guess this is an informal enough place to ask: is there some kind of game dev thread on SA? Am I a big dumb who can't find it?

pretty sure there is, at least it used to be a monthly or more thing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the best thing about the weapons in bastion is that a lot of the combinations have dialogue from the narrator upon leaving the armory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Up to the Elves posted:

so are u supposed to play bastion with every difficulty bonus on as you get them?

or am i just the really good and manly gamer expection.

Depends, do you feel the game is too easy?
Alternatively, do you want to get every dream related achievement?

• Locked thread