Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Unguided posted:

What does everyone have planned for the final game they'll play this year? I'll probably just choose something arbitrarily on New Year's Eve.

I dunno about the final game for this year, but the first game I play every year for the past like ten years is a playthrough of Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Knock it out in like ten to fifteen minutes, I'm not good at speedrunning but it's still fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

James Woods Fan posted:

I never got the whole Youtube personality thing.

Like, subscribe, buy a T-shirt with my catchphrase

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Up to the Elves posted:

tomb raider is a really beauitufl an d good game. im having a very good time playing this one :cheers:

It's a fun game. The controls take a bit of getting used to, though. Maybe it's different on other platforms, I own the Saturn version.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

The Saturn version of the original Tomb Raider actually has hosed up textures because the Saturn used squares instead of triangles for polygons so as a quick fix they set the length of the extra line to 0 and it stretched everything out.

I heard a lot of third-party (multiplatform) Saturn games had to do something like that. And that most if not all third-parties never actually utilized both processors on the console.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yesterday I was playing F-Zero X on the N64. It's still fun.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah, the day prior I was playing F-Zero GX on the Gamecube. If they released an HD remaster of it on the Wii U in lieu of a new F-Zero I wouldn't complain. The game is great.

Problem Sleuth posted:

I wish they'd make another one

Same.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The Wavebird was the best. I still have a few even though I'll probably never use them again. Still kick rear end though.

I have a set of them still. Recently hooked up my Gamecube to my HDTV gaming setup since the Wii U doesn't play Gamecube games and I have those component cables that are apparently stupid expensive on eBay that I bought way back in the day. Fun times. And I can play GBA games with the Game Boy Player. Living the life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Those Hori Battle Pads that are basically Classic Controller Pros with a Gamecube controller design are pretty good. It replaced the analog triggers with the four top button triggers of the Classic Controller and has some weird turbo feature I haven't tried yet, but otherwise it feels great. And since it's a Classic Controller that has to plug into the Wii Remote, you can play Wii games and N64 VC games in Wii mode with it and it rules.

• Locked thread