Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

carry on then posted:

um did they ever stop to think that if standing desks are good maybe jumping desks are better????

how about sitting on a ball in stead of a chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Fax Sender posted:

the only people that i know who have suffered any sort of blood clots in the legs are people who stand all day for work instead of sit

that is because standing up a lot leaves u at higher risk of varicode veins

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11103840

from an actual peer reviewed journal welp cya

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Squeezy Farm posted:

this, but my enormous balls

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

black man 3 posted:

that is because standing up a lot leaves u at higher risk of varicode veins

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11103840

from an actual peer reviewed journal welp cya

it's almost as if... u should adopt a variety of positions throughout the day????

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
perhaps you should just exercise regularly like a normal human being

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Squeezy Farm posted:

I do this sometimes because bouncing is fun :)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

carry on then posted:

this, but my enormous balls

post the balls

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i must have missed it when black man 3's posting persona pivoted. i dig it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

somewhere there's a story about the google offices from like the early 2000's and sergey emerges from an elevator on one of those hippity-hop balls

the ones you were too big to ride by the time you were 10

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Smythe posted:

post the balls

homegroan is banned sry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

carry on then posted:

homegroan is banned sry

coward

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
is black man 3 actually a black man, i need to know for a project i'm working on

don't ask what the project is

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in accordance with recent forums mandates we are conducting a diversity survey

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Fax Sender posted:

the only people that i know who have suffered any sort of blood clots in the legs are people who stand all day for work instead of sit

same except instead of people standing, people who sat on planes for like 12 hours straight

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Every desk is standing - on its own four legs!!!!! *slaps knee*

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Fax Sender posted:

The Hardey Boys and the case of the lethal standing desk.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
why not a standing desk with a tall chair, op?

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
at work we just started having daily stand up meetings because the idea is that standing for a long time is uncomfortable and yet we have standing desks too :confused:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I make it a point to sit during standups because the idea that meetings won't run long if people are standing up is retarded and demonstrably false

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
hurrr standing desk is that like military intelligence??

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if the meeting is running long, don't assume they will finally stop talking when their legs give out, open your fat loving mouth and say something you fuckhead

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

JewKiller 3000 posted:

hurrr standing desk is that like military intelligence??

I think technically at that point it's a bench? I don't know a lot about furniture words.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i don't say anything but i conspicuously pull out my phone and check the time on it. i'm always sure to make eye contact with the ceo while i do this. seems to work

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

rotor posted:

I make it a point to sit during standups because the idea that meetings won't run long if people are standing up is retarded and demonstrably false

i sit and my boss said i should stand so i asked him if i should salute the flag too and now he doesn't ask me

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 30, 2014

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Do you guys really have jobs where a dude tells you to stand during meetings??!!

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

i sit and my boss said i should stand so i asked him if i should salute the flag too and now he doesn't ask me

lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i stand up at my desk all the time and have to take this learning posture. or i try correct in by bending my knees till my hand just barely reaches the mouse.

then i feel like everyone in the cubicle next to me thinks i'm spying on them.

we're blessed with aeron chairs and a gym, but yeah i wish i could stand still.

perhaps just as good as a standing desk, though: a macbook stand (??)

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

rotor posted:

if the meeting is running long, don't assume they will finally stop talking when their legs give out, open your fat loving mouth and say something you fuckhead

Coworker has hour-long scrums everyday. :mrgw:

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of u is a small fat balding IT worker and who also has a small penis so he compensates for it by being more assertive in the office about spergy things noone cases about

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

black man 3 posted:

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of u is a small fat balding IT worker and who also has a small penis so he compensates for it by being more assertive in the office about spergy things noone cases about

I think of the naked woman holding the bunny.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

ah yes standing will certainly keep people from over analyzing needless details and harping on their petty vendettas

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in my short time on this earth, i've had several "standups," and not a single one of them actually involved standing

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

black man 3 posted:

small penises should be punished with the death penalty qtiyd

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

small penises should be punished with the death penalty qtiyd

if you want to die so badly just do it yourself

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Cat Face Joe posted:

if you want to die so badly just do it yourself

can't take you with me if i go first

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol yeah i'm going to stand up whilst working on my computer. get hosed

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i had a dream last night that i was at my best friends wedding again and me and the other groomsmen all took turns reciting limericks about his long dick

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i hope that guy doesn't read my posts.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

you think a whole lot of retarded things

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

no one cares about meetings running long, just let people talk and talk and talk and eventually they will stop - bm3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

black man 3 posted:

rotor has a cabin and is cool. if you want to flame a hosed up YOSPOS mod there are polenty of wierdos ITF for you to obliterate

• Locked thread