Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

So it's not gonna keep up the ol' warboner?
It has some cool stuff especially in the beginning but then gets to a part that is anime as hell, and that a point of no return: it's pretty much an extended shonen tournament arc but more edgy and gritty from that point on.

I kinda liked it? It was kinda neat? Watch it if you're up at that time normally/have DVR? Don't bother staying up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Even the characters are getting exasperated by how many Narakus there are

edit: Awesome, time to get back to the action! (nah time for more recaps)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 4, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sanji's dream is to reach the All Blue, a mystical ocean filled with every fish in the world.

When him and his chef boss got stranded on an island, the guy cut off his own leg and forced Sanji to eat it so he could live.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

bondster posted:

I think that was in the manga only. If I recall, in the anime Zeff was trapped underwater and cut off his own leg to save Sanji. On the island he gave Sanji all of his food so he wouldn't starve.
Cool guys read the manga (and the anime for action scenes) so what I said is true because I'm a cool guy

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

dbzfandiego posted:

I always thought he ate his own leg.
Huh, he might have, it's been a while.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Holy gently caress how long has one piece been on recap episodes.
Four episodes of Niko backstory flashback and I think this is the third episode of recaps?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Luffy has always kinda taken the stance of "hey you're gonna be on my crew, it's decided"

Once he sets his eye on someone he always gets his man/woman, even if it takes an entire arc

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mafia Straw Hats

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Thanks to Dish's blackout, I am still completely in the dark about Robin's whole backstory.
Her mom was an archaeologist and the government hates archaeologists so they decided to kill all the archaeologists in the world, starting with the island full of archaeologists Robin lives on. Robin escaped with the knowledge of what they did and possibly some other forbidden archaeologist knowledge, so they put a huge bounty on her, the end, also there was a giant

Rhonne posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot we're getting the recap episode tonight.
We've been away for a month, justifiable!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This episode makes up for the lack of eye-catches slightly I suppose. We haven't been getting our allotment of Fight the Powa

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

i'm not sure if this is better or worse than other Recap Clip Shows

on the one hand, other shows at least build theirs around some form of narrative, like a character reminiscing about past events; this one is just straight up being a clip show with no rhyme or reason to its clip-showiness

on the other hand, at least it's being honest and not having anything that you would miss by skipping this episode
And it's got neat music, which makes it more tolerable in case you need to watch it for whatever reason

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

To be fair it comes out this month
Less than two weeks.

So... yeah, advertise away.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Goku, stop no-selling King Kai's hilarious jokes

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I thought you were here to train as the universe's funniest stand-up comedian, sorry

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So, am I wrong, or does Sesshomeru's sword basically have a portable Wind Tunnel now

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

You have no idea what makes Nia Nia.

NO. loving. IDEA.
These "oh man this thing is gonna be so cool" spoilers are really dumb. Either shut up or straight up spoil poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Here's the thing Gitmo was being cute about. poo poo's going down.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The giant robot was a... distaction

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Great job Simon. You killed everyone.
This is actually Kamina's fault

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

"I just gave you gold! You should be laughing, that was some funny poo poo!"

Best line in the entire series, downhill from here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

the amount of backstory you pick up from this ED- and the way that the vast majority of it has zero bearing on the plot- has always stood out to me
I can't help but feel like Deadman Wonderland would have been better if it was mostly about the demented prisoner theme park shell of the prison, and not almost entirely about the dumb stuff inside.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mike_V posted:

I think MTM might be the most underrated show on [as] at the moment.
Its realgood

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I have avoided watching a single second of Kill la Kill so I look forward to Toonami broadcasting a new anime and watching it with my anime posting buddies

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Generally speaking I do know some of the character designs, and there's something about a school committee and the main character has a brother I think, and people like the first half and hate the second half, but that's all I know about the show

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Let's Team Four Star this poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

please announce that it's all just a horrible nightmare

and that i'm going to wake up back on the farm surrounded by people who look eerily similar to you people
We aren't in meatspace anymore, Toto

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh, the Kaioken, how quaint

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Yajirobe, what are you doing here?
I was gonna make a joke about Yajirobe living in the basement but then after a quick Google search I realized Korin Tower isn't attached to the Lookout like I've always thought it was.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Note that it doesn't keep going up

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If I'm keeping track, this means there's at least two less Narakus now, in favor of the original Naraku. There were seriously too many Narakus, so I'm ok with this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

At the end of the manga, Kagome is stuck inside the darkness of the Shikon No Tama. Losing her heart to despair, she nearly wished on it. If she had she (along with the finished Naraku) would be a new generation of the fighters inside of the Shikon Jewel. Inuyasha uses Meidou Tetsusiaga to follow Kagome, not knowing where she's gone after the dissapearance of the Well. It was Naraku's last doing.

However, once inside Inuyasha is determined to find Kagome. He denies that her destiny was to fight in the Jewel, but to meet him and his to meet her. They find eachother and Kagome is now no longer afraid or full of doubt. She wishes for the Shikon Jewel to dissapear.

Three years pass. The Well exists, but is sealed. Kagome graduates in her time. In the Sengoku Jidai, Shippou leaves often to train become a great demon. Kohaku and Kirara do the same thing, and Totosai made him a fine weapon. Sango and Miroku have finally stopped their silly antics and their bond is now apparent. They had twins that were probably around a year or so old, and a newborn. Inuyasha's heart still lingers on Kagome, hers on Inuyasha.

Finally she realizes what she needs to do. After sharing a long embrace with her mother, Inuyasha smells something familiar. He reaches his hand into the Well, and Kagome steps out. They marry, and all is well.

Of course, not so much for Sesshomaru-sama, who seemed less than amused when he was called "Brother-in-law". He was visiting Rin to give her a new kimono. She was currently living in Kaede's village as a way to proceed her decision. Eventually, she is supposed to have a choice between Sesshomaru and the humans.

All in all, it's a happily ever after. Kagome begins to learn about herbs and everything as she settles into the Sengoku Jidai. It doesn't really seem as if she'll go back, as her brother wouldn't let some other kids meet his sister, and her embrace with her mother. But she gets to be with Inuyasha.

There is no kiss, the only one I've seen is in the second movie of Inuyasha. Inuyasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass or Inuyasha: Kagami no Naka no Mugenjo.

I hope that helps. You can read it at:

And if you want to know more, you can read the manga!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

No more We Are :(
On the other hand, we're HD again

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Now where were we

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

This is just a refresher because we haven't done anything for two goddamn months.
It also helps that it's a fantastic goddamn scene, I don't mind re-watching it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

gently caress, Robin's VA nails that line

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

wait, WHAT

they WEREN'T some freakish 3-headed monster the whole time
A world where someone NOT being a three-headed monster man is the weirder possibility.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Nice, Franky just wasted five years of their lives.
Haha gently caress you CP9

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This train stops for nothing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Franky's been falling for a long rear end time.
I'm pretty sure this all happened over the course of four seconds

Four seconds anime-time, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Most of these guys should not be in a PR role

• Locked thread