Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Phi Kappa Psi is suing Rolling Stone to intimidate it, not to do any actual damage. An old fashioned discipline cartoon.

That reminds me, my dad vaguely knew Kelley in college. One of his frat brothers was Kelley's roommate. Which in turn reminds me that my dad's politics are nearly identical to Kelley's. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Woosh

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

It's inexcusably late. The loving Race Together campaign ended exactly FOUR WEEKS AGO today and has long left the public consciousness. This is super lazy, even for Tinsley.

I guess his wife went out for the weekend two weeks ago and he started drawing up cartoons after a case or two of Milwaukee's finest.

EDIT: The only excuse I can think is that Sunday strips tend to have longer lead time. But that's all the more reason to use Sunday strips for more generic jokes instead of anything that could be irrelevant X weeks from then.

Especially since it completely wastes the extra space of a Sunday cartoon, it's just a regular weekday cartoon colored and scaled up.

Mister Beeg posted:

Some more, including the very first strip

I had no idea that the "liberals only get elected because the media likes them" sentiment wasn't a recent thing :eyepop:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Steven Universe will ensure this trend continues for another generation.

All I want to do
Is turn Hilary into
a giant woman

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Some more entries are in this photo:

I'm kinda surprised Snakebeard didn't win it considering it was run by Stop Islamization of America :stare:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

By continually raising the minimum wage, more and more people can leave their dead-end jobs. Eventually machines can take over menial labor. AGC.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

.Edward Penischin posted:

While standing in line for the self- checkout line at Wal-Mart, I was thinking how if machines can do the work, they replace people no matter how low the minimum wage.

"But if they have to pay their employees more they'll switch over to automation sooner" is the usual argument. Once automated labor becomes cheaper than human labor they'll get rid of human labor. Since automation gets cheaper over time eventually it'll be cheaper than minimum wage, and if the minimum wage increases that point will come sooner.

Of course it's probably more desirable to have a decent wage for 5 years instead of living paycheck to paycheck for 10 but putting it that way doesn't really scare people into accepting the status quo.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Hitler B. Natural posted:

I genuinely thought only Branco (and maybe Rob Smith Jr, if he can even be bothered) would be dumb enough to go for this particular spin. God, I'm loving naive.

Yay, I've missed it

Taking down a symbol for slavery that's 150 years old isn't enough, we must also fix the racism in modern day America.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Selachian posted:

Bell gives us a couple variations on a theme.

All I want to do
Is put a noose onto
A giant woman
(A giant woman!)

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

My mind has been trained to eliminate the thought bubbles from the cartoon. Obama points to himself while a duck gets interrogated.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Old man yells at nobody then has a silent roller coaster of emotion

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Allie you do realize that stacking a whole bunch of ridiculous poo poo without it immediately toppling over means he's GOOD at balancing right?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

KimotaBoom posted:

Spent way too much effort on something maybe 15 people on earth total will understand

A Stone Ocean, Day by Day, and Obama golf joke is a pretty deep cut but I appreciate it.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

It's funny to use a kitty cat as a mascot for veganism.

Let's be fair if the author has any pets she's probably slowly starving them to death by feeding them purely vegan food.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Pander posted:

I was vegan for a while there and dated a vegan who had cats, and that was never really a thing in my personal experience. Cats have to eat meat to live, so they get meat. Non-strawman vegans/vegetarians with cats feed them cat food.

It's a great gag (see: futurama hippies + lion) but it's not necessarily a thing until you get to the real crazies at Peta who want to murder pets to 'free' them from captivity.

I've seen enough posts on Tumblr of somebody's sick-looking dog staring at some tupperware full of slop and a comment like "look at how happy poochie is to be getting her all-vegan dinner!" to know that they are to some (hopefully extremely tiny) extent real. Mind you dogs don't need mean-based protein nearly as much as cats do but they'll almost always suffer health complications if they don't get it.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

I think the reason basically every cartoon about Denali is also about debt is because they need to complain that Obama bad, but actually arguing against federally renaming something to what the state already calls it is too stupid even for them.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

These cars are too sensitive to hit people walking across the street.

Yes, the phone is part of the joke, but it's implying that she's going to kill those evil capitalists.

Oh my loving god, this is the dumbest thing I've read in weeks.

the car she's driving doesn't have a computer in it that tells it how to move, it's literally driverless because nobody and nothing is driving it

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

I really need somebody to get rid of the top half of that Donkey's face because that is one terrifying hell-demon, tyia

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

yesss, perfect thanks

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Ah yes, a perfect equivalency.

Thanks to nanotechnology, losing your legs is about as troublesome as losing your job. A Deus Ex cartoon.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Murdoch owning Nat Geo legitimately terrifies me, hopefully they can maintain their integrity since they're not only a trusted source of science for the mainstream but they provide grants. Them turning into a right-wing pseudo-science rag is scary as hell.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Better not believe in any science ever, agrees congress.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Kelly time!

"Gone to feces"

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: The Problem Attic > Political Cartoons 2015: Hitler Says "Thank You, Bibi! <3"

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

After finally having the shrinking process undone, Hillary jumps for joy, but must collect herself to wish her friend Joe well.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Bors did a longform cartoon for Rolling Stone

Special props to "Ben Doze, Go Right the gently caress to Sleep"

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

I dont know posted:

Even in Fahrenheit 451 itself, the point was never "Books good, television bad".

If you asked Bradbury about it right after it was published, it was about the dangers of censorship (which makes a lot of sense, it was written in the McCarthy era), but if you asked him any time after that it was basically about "books good, television (and other random stuff like headphones and c-sections) bad". It's a perfect example for death of the author.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

As someone who often has fake stop-sign-red hair, I get a kick out of mewing manchildren freaking out over hair dye. It's so specific and spiteful, akin to wingnuts getting mad at Obama over mustard.

A pigtail on a balding man for the modern age.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

I usually don't post Dan Wasserman because he does a lot of local cartoons, but he's been doing more national stuff lately.

Related: gently caress Charlie Baker and I'm depressed he's still got another 3 years in office :smith:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

loquacius posted:

I always get him and Marty Walsh mixed up until I remember that one of them is awesome and one of them is terrible

They have very similar names but one of them guts public transit and makes useless racist proclamations and the other one declares Godsmack Day to be an official holiday

Even he was pretty close to being lovely here too!

quote:

Mayor Martin J. Walsh — who was interviewed with Baker at the State House on Monday — agreed that he wanted to know more about the federal government’s plan for reviewing incoming refugees.

“We would have to see the vetting process and what’s happening with the vetting process,” Walsh said.

But later in the day, Walsh seemed to backtrack. “As a city and as a country it is not our custom to turn our backs on people who are in need and who are innocent,” he said in a statement.

I was kind of okay with Baker for a while, then he decided the best way to solve the mbta's issues was to privatize it, went against trans safety bills, and decided Massachusetts shouldn't welcome refugees.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Yeah, why wouldn't Obama let a bunch of random unchecked refugees stay in the white house, he'd do it for any group of random unchecked Americans!

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Hitler B. Natural posted:

To some, being banal is a at least as bad, if not a worse crime than being actively horrible. Speaking of which, Lang finally weighed in; apparently using the same part of his brain that spawned "100s of Millions Dead Due To Alfred Nobel's Invention, Dynamite".

Q. Why don't we send "American Citizens" to live at the white house?

A. Impossible! That would be a huge security risk for the president!

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Colleges only care about the well-being of their white students. A depressing cartoon.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Branco posted a hot update to this cartoon because the original didn't adequately stoke his persecution complex.

Obama will never blame white privilege or the 2nd amendment for mass shootings, I guess.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Mike Cernovich used his law practice to stalk the targets of gamergate, so a certified rear end in a top hat :thumbsup:

I'm loving this stream of commissions for Ben Garrison from the anti-feminist part of the internet, each one more self-congratulatory and delusional than the last.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

There have been some studies that show there's a link between violent video games and aggression in the short-term, but I don't know if they did any sort of long-term study on its effects. Who knows if the level of violence is even a factor, I'd find it more plausible that the difficulty and competitive level of a game has a higher factor on aggression.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/DystopianYA/status/672813735505879040

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

loquacius posted:

The mainstream media is so desperate to constantly be talking about Donald Trump at all times that they would even stoop to thievery to decorate their set with his name. A Good Cartoon.

(seriously what reality is McCoy living in where the media is ignoring Donald Trump :confused:)

I don't think he's saying the media is ignoring him, I think he's implying the media is trying to hide that The Donald is a good candidate that many people support. Which is equally wrong, but a different kind of wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I was able to walk outside at 6pm after taking a shower in shorts to go see my grandma and family friend/boss

Again I know I bring it up a lot, but its technically winter and its 60 goddamn degrees in Pittsburgh

Also my family friend/boss told me "Don't you say this is because of global warming" ~ 60 something old white guy who tells me he is a democrat even though he hasn't voted Democrat since Carter and doesn't believe in global warming because he went to Hawaii and saw the active volcano and said "We aren't doing poo poo compared to this"

Its really depressing to get older and to see your age long mentors turn out to be FREEP incarnate :smith:

Don't fall into the "If not global warming why warm" trap. Not to say Branco or your boss are right, and it sucks that that's his reaction to warm weather. If Global Warming Why Cold cartoons are lovely not only because they deny climate change, but because they conflate weather with climate. Arguing that climate change is real because of abnormally warm weather conditions still plays into the idea that climate change isn't real.

• Locked thread