Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ugly and stupid, even by Chip Bok's standards.

Chip Bok posted:

When the US Embassy in Benghazi was hit by terrorists the White House was quick to blame the attack on another lousy movie, Innocence of Muslims. Our own Dear Leader’s passion for free speech blazed less fervently in those days. The movie’s producer was thrown in jail.

Except him being thrown in jail had nothing to do with bashing Muslims. Chip's either too dumb to figure that out or is lying to his audience. Either works for a cog in the wingnut poo poo machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tinsley, please tell the class what the "Stupid America Voter" Plan actually is.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Why does Obama disrespect the voting populace so?

e: Wow, that first one is as AGC as it gets.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jedit posted:

I expect there was a conspicuous drought of anything resembling criticism during the Bush administration.

Oh, there was.

For Bush's critics.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm trying to mentally put myself back in 2006 to figure out why this would make sense, but I'm failing.

IIRC, there was big chatter on wingnut war blogs in summer '06 that a message Ahmadinejad sent to the US was seeeeecret code for "we have nukes," so I'm guessing this is the usual ANY DAY NOW stuff.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So, what- go back to the embargo?

(Yeah, I know I'm oversimplifying it, but hey, it's Rall. Game respect game, Ted.)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hahaha. Egg prices. Grasp more, Lisa.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So egg prices might go up because of a humane cage law.

quote:

As of January 1, all eggs sold in the state of California — which is "the nation's largest consumer of eggs" — must come from birds raised in conditions where they are "able to stand up, lie down, turn around, and fully extend their wings."

How terrible! I'm Lisa Benson, and I prefer my chickens to have lived horrible lives if it means my scramble is cheap, dammit!

quote:

But some brands have already jumped on-board with more animal-friendly practices: In late 2014, Starbucks announced it would change its policy to eventually offer cage-free eggs in all products. The coffee mega-giant did not announce a time frame for the swap, but as the Seattle Times pointed out, one-fifth of all Starbucks stores in the country are located in California.

Oh look, Lisa doesn't exactly have the pulse of the business community. Again.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

I heard something about this back in December, isn't it a huge spike in demand due to some new dessert/cooling fad that's driving the price increase?

There have also been droughts lately? Who knows. It's always far more complex than "the drat libs made the prices go up."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This horrible poo poo that Republicans condone and encourage? That makes me hate government and want it smaller! So I'm voting for Republicans.

Allie/Stantis crying over police brutality and torture is the biggest friggin pile of crocodile tears. Especially for Allie.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The dumbest cartoonist here likes the dumbest member of Congress. Shocker.

Also, Branco, Gomer Pyle isn't getting the Speakership in any shape or form, so...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gohmert got all of three votes just now for the Speakership. Nice going, Branco.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Heh. Obama must be pissed. It's not like the media at large sees gas prices as a microcosm of the condition of the entire economy or anything.

High gas prices: Obama sucks! It's his fault!
Low gas prices: Obama sucks! I bet he hates low gas prices!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

AL SHARPTON IS THE DIRECT CAUSE OF PEOPLE BEING MURDERED!

AL SHARPTON IS MEAN WHEN HE CALLS PEOPLE RACIST!

- Eric Allie, bloated, balding putz

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

Worked for Paula Deen though.

Uh-uh-uh, she said the magic word.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

alnilam posted:

No, NWO is a wrestling thing, idiot

Why is Scott Hall wearing the 2000 iteration of the nWo logo, when Hogan was no longer a part of the group? #wrestlingchat

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

One more hot off the presses:

Robert Byrd renounced the Klan, apologized for his racism, and made it his life's work to help the less fortunate, including POC. He never demanded no-givesies-backsies bullshit, either, and considered Klan membership his original sin.

This wingnut idiot, when it came out he spoke at a David Duke front, first feigned ignorance, then equated it with speaking to the League of Women Voters.

Your false equivalent is trash. That you can't just come out and say what this guy did was wrong without b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Democrats! makes you trash.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I can't wait for the approximately zero cartoons about that incident we'll see from the usual suspects.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

If Lester wants Obama's response to be Islam sucks and Muslims are dumb and they should all convert to Mike Lester's Rome, GA, Pentecostal Megachurch, then I'm not sure who he expects to ever be President saying that poo poo.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but what about Todd Rool's syndicate money, huh? WHAT ABOUT IT NOW????!?!?!?!??!?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Not My Leg posted:

Would have put this in my last post, but it just went up on AAEC.

Truly a moving tribute.

ROSS....GOSSE....MUST....LABEL.....

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nenonen posted:

5. Ugh what a terrible design, Bok.

Classic Chip "Does this guy even realize what he's arguing?" Bok.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

......does anyone else see the word "SEX" in this composition?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Neeksy posted:

It seems like using the beard/turban imagery is somehow symbolically trying to say "ISLAM did it" than "these individual assholes".

Ding ding ding.

Look at this as an example.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

6 (might be old but seems to be circulating today :sigh: )

Sweet false equivalence, Adam Ford.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

People of Color.

And no.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bruce Rauner is being a petulant dick to media, which means I'm sure we'll get a fawning tribute from Eric Allie soon enough. It'll at least be less obnoxious than his recent "Al Sharpton is the cause of all violence" dumbass streak.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Allie is hilariously lazy these days. He puts out like maybe 2 cartoons a week and is the only somewhat prominent cartoonist I can think of who couldn't even be arsed to draw anything about Charlie Hebdo over the last couple of days. Even 80-year-old Oliphant was roused from his slumber.

At least he doesn't C&P GIS results? But yeah, his output has really fallen off, even considering Prickly lovely stuff. The "insight" he gave into those Illinois governor race cartoons can be boiled down to "Rauner awesome, media mean," which, who cares?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

7 "Fit to Pint?" :confused:

Entirely unsurprised that Bok can't spell.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dammit, I laughed.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You think you support freedom of expression? Why don't you employ a full-time political cartoonist then, huh? HUH? Check and mate, points to the Tedmeister.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The latest scandal is that Obama didn't show up in Paris on account of he can't teleport

There is a 165% chance that wingnut cartoonists would be ripping on Obama if he did show up, for "hogging the spotlight" and their usual longhand for the word "uppity."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm going to get the bill, Gary.

I'm going to get the bill, Gary.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress you.

e: You know the U.S. economy is (contextually) booming when this is the poo poo these bozos are concerning themselves with.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Terrorists murdered French cartoonists and we're blaming Obama. Okay.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Chomping at the bit to call Obama lazy.

e: And Muslim

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 13, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

I actually have a few cartoonists below Rall. Kirschen is awful, and Gosse actively hurts my eyes with his terrible coloring.

BoK is just bad and ugly in a way Rall doesn't usually achieve.

Bok's compositions are so ugly/lovely that they actively sabotage a lot of whatever wingnut spew he's trying to say:

I mean- What?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Art Spiegelman already did that one.

Several years ago, after the Jyllands Posten thing, some people in (IIRC) Iran decided to expose the heathen westerners for the hypocrites they were and organized an antisemitic cartoon contest, to say "let's see if you really like freedom of speech". And the obvious result was several Jewish cartoonists entering the competition. Art Spiegelman's entry was an old Jew chastising a crying child holding a picture of money, and telling him something like "let this be a lesson for you, Abie: it is forbidden to depict the Profit!"

As obnoxious as their Bush-fluffing neocon sympathies were, I liked the Cox & Forkum entry into that contest that hid Ahmadinejad's face in Hitler's.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

2 IMPERIAL PRESIDENCY :argh:

5 OK, I laughed at "Veto Corleone" at least.

Article 1. Section 7 of the United States Constitution posted:

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

PRESIDENTIAL VETO POWER IS IN THE FRIGGIN CONSTITUTION, YOU HACKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yes, noted government website "twitter".

In fairness, Chip Bok is a moron. He has, however, mastered DreamWorks Face:

• Locked thread