Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hope n'Change has released its best-of compilation of 2014. Even I'm not cruel enough to post 20+ strips at once, but here's the link, in case you were "interested".

http://hopenchangecartoons.blogspot.ch/2014/12/2014-hope-n-change-looks-back.html

I will repost this, however, because it's still the greatest thing Jarlsberg has ever done.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Mister Beeg posted:

Wow. Check out this anti-Communist cartoon that MGM released in the 1950s, called "The Devil and John Q." (1952)

I love that they don't pull any punches. They flat-out say that Communism comes from the Gates of Hell. Literally.

Government spending? Higher taxes? Sure sounds like commie claptrap to me.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Reading Hope n'Change will turn you into a soulless husk. AGC.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

GOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLFGOLF

Golf.

Bonus:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Ramirez should not be allowed to have more than two caricatures in any given cartoon. This is horrifying.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Voyager I posted:

Branco is bad to the point where I don't think he deserves the title of cartoonist. Plenty of these guys draw badly but Branco scribbles like an untalented gradeschooler without even smoothing out his incompetence with some stylizing the way Rall and the others do. He just tries to draw people and fails at it.

Tack that on to ideas that are consistently banal in addition to spiteful and objectively wrong along with his status as a paid industry shill and the dude is just so utterly devoid of merit that just calling him a political cartoonist demeans a the rest of them by association.

Counterpoint: the greatest political cartoon ever made.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Look at that silly Jimmy Carter, thinking the attack on Charlie Hebdo was caused by the systematic marginalisation of muslim communities.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Not My Leg posted:

I'm only posting this super boring cartoon for the tags. "Je suis Charlie" is not one of the tags. Instead,

Google translate tells me that's "I sweat Charlie".

"Je étais" is gramatically incorrect as well, but on the whole the French in this cartoon is a lot better than I expected from Liccar. If only he spent as much effort on drawing Obama like an actual human being.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

vyelkin posted:

(second one isn't actually political but relevant to this thread because of that Edison cartoon)

Percival Dunwoody rules!

Xenoveritas posted:

I was listening to NPR talk about the Oscars, and along with the diversity comments (it's NPR, after all), they made this same point: none of the films nominated did particularly well in the box office. They had another point, though: no one is going to bother watching the Oscars if it's giving awards to films that they never saw. So the Oscars needs to get people to see the films it's giving awards to.

People have been saying that about the Oscars for years, but they're still going strong. If anything, they should do more to promote niche films, since winning an award often leads to increased ticket sales.

HootTheOwl posted:

LEGO movie was also a good movie and much better than any of the other animated films, especially that Box Troll poo poo.

Lego movie was pretty good, but it can't hold a candle to The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I'd watch it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Bonus:

I miss Lefty Loonies. :(

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I was watching old The Day Today clips on Youtube and I feel this one deserves to be posted here.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Mister Beeg posted:

I drew this with my left hand.

And yet, the font is still more legible than Streeter's.

Texas sure sounds like a swell state.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

Muir is branching out creatively. Someone asks for permission to do a fan project and this is his answer:

Dedicated Muirologists may recall that Sam made up a Mary Sue super-heroine called RedLine and is writing a novel about her. I can't wait to see what a hot mess it's going to be :allears:

Apparently my Muirology knowledge isn't as good as I thought, because I don't remember that at all. Do you have a link to the comic?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I don't know what this is, but I like it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

It's a Hope n'Change triple feature. :toot:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

The only bad thing about this cartoon is that we can't see the tan colour of the suit in black and white.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Aw, look at those terrorists. They're all so happy about killing the infidels.

Speaking of which:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Hey, remember Net Neutrality and how it will destroy our freedom?

Bonus:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

...when she herself is made of carbon.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

While the lamestream media focuses on the death of Leonard Nimoy, Hope n'Change reminds us of a true American hero. :911:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

InequalityGodzilla posted:

So he can tell the truth... Or he can lie and face no consequences for doing so?

I'm more concerned about Obama's skin tone in that cartoon. He looks seriously ill.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Edit: quote is not edit.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I guess it's true, elephants never forget.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Lotsa Hope n'Change this time around.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Like any good cartoonist, Latuff has a thing for octopuses.

Also, I hope you're not tired of Emailgate cartoons yet.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Stantis: sometimes he's good, sometimes he's not.

Know who's never good?

Also, whatever happened to Animal Nuz? I haven't seen that posted in here for a while.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

As stupid as Starbuck's idea was, at least it gave cartoonists some new material.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Speaking of "Any Day Now":

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

:canada:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

majormonotone posted:

Yeah, it used to be every decently-sized city had light rail of some sort. They even had systems in Schenectady and Poughkeepsie (my hometown). They virtually all got destroyed by auto companies.

Capitalism is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OquSczOMkO4

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Sure.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I'm usually not too bothered by Jarlsberg's drivel, but this cartoon makes me genuinely angry. Using a tragedy to score cheap political points is despicable.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

alnilam posted:

It's slightly worse different in that the 9/11 ones are usually vaguely related to 9/11 itself, "how quickly we forget..." kind of poo poo. The toons coming out of this plane crash, in 9/11 terms, would be more like drawing a plane labelled "public opinion" crashing into a tower named "Obama." No relation to the actual event other than "a tragedy happened, but more importantly obama is bad."

What you're saying is true, but that doesn't make cartoons like this one any less heinous.

I believe there's also a McCoy cartoon with judges riding on extremists, but I can't find it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

At least it's better than Rall's video.

Lookin' like an April fool with your pants on the ground.

• Locked thread