Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Rorus Raz posted:

I was rolling my eyes at the "commercials" of that CSA mockumentary, thinking they were going overboard with the racist products for the sake of laughs. Then they reveal that those products literally existed :staredog:

(which isn't terribly surprising, but I wasn't aware at how blatant the naming was)

Exist-ed?

http://www.xojane.com/issues/colgates-black-person-toothpaste-needs-to-go-away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

homerlaw posted:

The flag of Israel, not the Magen David.

I understand that the flag has it on it, but it's the use of the symbol by itself.

It's almost as if Israel's use of that symbology were intended to conflate all of Judaism with its national policies and so give them yet another way to blunt criticism with accusations of anti-semitism.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

No no, I get thinking it might be if you're just an English teacher seeing it and all you know about bombs is from watching Jack Bauer in 2005.

I mean people like Lester who are still acting like he brought the Tsarnaev's pressure cooker bomb or was cutting people up with a box-cutter like 9/11

Let's keep in mind the fact that this is a county wherein the highest court in the land populated by our most respected legal minds used 24 as pretext to justify torture.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

New Kelly by the way, unfortunately no mention of today's mixed-up pig fuckers

there's no part of this that isn't amazing. From "RAP BAND" to the Corner Kelly.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Somfin posted:

Cartoon timing is a tricky thing.

I do love how he drew this and forgot to explain how the situation is unfair or the dems are cheating. This cartoon basically says "Republicans are weak as poo poo even with all their numbers."

I basically read it as "the Republicans are a bunch of lightweight buffoons that Obama can beat with one hand" like some kind of political bugs bunny. AGC

e: Literally, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDxzIuhTROU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

A Tinsley comic happened.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

betaraywil posted:

When you say it like "stop calling the president a Muslim because it's a bad thing that he would be."

Because they're left of Hitler, yes.

Ed. I'm not saying it's a majority thing, but I've heard it. And I don't agree with Lester, but I'm impressed that he took the time to find out that some people have said it. That is high-effort by ptoon standards.

It would be a bad thing if Obama were a Muslim because being a Theist is wrong and bad.

e:

Hubis fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 24, 2015

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

Are you making GBS threads me, the Flintstones was nothing but the exploitation of labor. You couldn't so much as turn the vacuum on in that show without exploiting an apparently sentient creature.

3/10, didn't include Obama as the Great Gazoo telling the Pope what a great job he did dismantling Global Capitalism

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Mister Beeg posted:

This cartoon was based on a study. Read about it here.

all taxation is theft, so sue didn't get any money from the government she just got robbed less thanks to the tax credit

:dealwithit:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

e_angst posted:

What the gently caress is a "tac weld"? Did he just misspell "tack weld"? Is he trying to make it sound like a tack weld, which is literally a temporary placeholder weld used for nothing other than getting your pieces aligned properly before you do your actual weld, was an option that was considered and then abandoned in favor of a "bead weld" (which is itself just your standard basic weld)?

Waifu might as well be saying "Told you doing a basic weld rocks it over just leaving them attached by a placeholder."

If he paid even the tiniest bit of attention or did any research at all into the thing that one of his main characters has been doing for years and years, he would at least be able to have her say something like "Told you I laid a strong bead on those welds." Even that's not great, but it's not flamingly ignorant and inaccurate.

For someone whose main characters are supposed to be a military badass and a mechanical/engineering genius, it's shocking how little Chris Muir knows about those things. Usually your dumb right-wingers have some other type of knowledge or skill that counter-balances their political idiocy. rear end in a top hat libertarian engineers at least know how to program a computer and poo poo. Muir has no talents at all. Even his abilities at illustration have deteriorated to the point of uselessness. He's a goddamn 57 year old fuckboi.

I like that you're confused by this, but not by the fact that she's been doing all this welding with a claw hammer.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Took me a second.

:bravo:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

I...what?

Boy, yeah, he sure did capture Obama's shrieking agony as a result of normalizing relations with Cuba...

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

Well, he was a pedophile.

"Ephebophile"
:goonsay:

e: also Lewis Carroll rules

AGC

Hubis fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 12, 2015

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

...Arnold Schwarzenegger? The guy who actually said that during his campaign to be governor?

I could think of worse choices for Speaker.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

duz posted:

Yep, he started AP and even tho he sold it off, he obviously still does work for them.

AP did another Sarah Palin comic as well

I don't have that one. Yet.

I want Tank Girl, but with prominent Tea Partiers roaming the post-apocalyptic wasteland after McCain/Palin are elected and plunge the world into nuclear war.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

EndOfTheWorld posted:

You know what's weird? People who AREN'T fundamentalist fruitcakes!

So try to follow along. There's a Heaven and a Hell. No amount of good deeds can justify getting into Heaven, but a single, solitary sin is sufficient justification for going to Hell. God, who has Perfect Knowledge Of All Space And Time, has extended his divine grace to an elect few (in relation to the rest of humanity) for salvation. The omnipotent, omniscient deity has foretold and foreordained all of this! And yet somehow you, Mr. Christian, are expected to feel guilty about not warning people about the terror of Hell that awaits them should they not receive the divine grace which God may or may not have extended to them. As if the thought of someone going to Hell just for being an observant Buddhist or a mildly annoying Neo-Pagan was somehow... unjust

this is the mentality of a psychopath

Hubis
May 18, 2003

ThatPazuzu posted:

I don't. Crazy violence for liberty is something he'd eat right up.

he'd enjoy it because Django is clearly a Republican.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Atoramos posted:

CNN closed the online poll and took it offline, but I'm pretty skeptical that the results of the poll have anything to do with that. I haven't heard anything about how long they usually leave online polls going for. And yes, while online polls all declared Bernie the winner, online polls are literally worthless. It's going to take until next week for real polls to come out, and we can judge the 'winner' from that information.

There has never been a good way to judge who won a debate until at least the week after. I cannot stress enough how little the online polls mean. That said, the Google interest, social media activity, and successful donations amounts are net positives for Bernie.

There is no such thing as "winning" a debate, especially one like this which is a rotating forum rather than an affirmative/negative discussion of a single issue. The entire attempt to frame it as having "a winner" is just political spin by parties who feel like they did well to portray their own performance as complete domination of their competitors.

Some people got together and said some things. Some of those things were smart and good, others made people look not so good. Some people said both kinds of things.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Sorry, disassembling an electronic device just to see what's inside and putting it back together in a way that still works is how you learn about poo poo when you are loving fourteen

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, is it too much to ask that at least one of the people who claims,"He knew that as a Muslim boy, he'd be subject to unreasonable prejudice and suspicion!" stops and has a moment of horrified self-realization? :smith:

Keep in mind these are people who think "racial profiling" isn't wrong, but rather a reasonable, viable, and smart strategy.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Hot takes from imgur's frontpage:

Moral Relativism Is Real

AGC

Hubis
May 18, 2003

AGC

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Geostomp posted:

Obsession with conspiracy theories are about all the conservatives have anymore. It's really convenient: it trains voters to not only be distrustful of whatever political opponents you have and encourages tribalism, but it keeps them distrustful of even the most basic of facts if it doesn't fit their narrative. It also lets you exploit any prejudices because you can use them to shore up your intended story through paranoia. "Hey, I'm not a reactionary racist/sexist/homophobe, I'm just wanting to know teh truth!!"

Just look at the Birther movement and everyone still somehow convinced that President Obama is a Muslim spy. Conservatives have ridden paranoid conspiracy theories to power for decades. It's just gotten worse recently since they abused them so much for support when lacking legitimate points of criticism. Now it's gotten so much momentum that it's even turning of them.

It's been turning on them since almost the very beginning, but most don't realize it because they're still "winning" due to heavily Gerrymandered house districts, and some very disappointing Senate results for the Democrats in 2012.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

At least it's a "joke" that is understandable. Too bad it's not funny.

Zed is severely brain damaged to the point of dementia and walks around in a delusional fog. AGC.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Skellybones posted:

Lovecraft's writing is so good because it's really honest, heartfelt stuff he worked over in his head constantly. Combined with his actual skill at weaving words he was able to fully express things like alien concepts and horrifying threats to mind and body which remain a staple of sci-fi and fantasy fiction to this day.

So in a way his paranoid, neurotic, cartoonish racism was the muse that inspired him to create all sorts of cool art :v:

So what you are saying is HP Lovecraft was the David Dees of his time.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

I have not seen a single person say you are bad or whatever for caring about Paris instead of Beirut or whatever. It's all about questioning why exactly the media and governments are focused on Paris when similar things happened elsewhere.

I'm sure some people are being lovely about it, so good Bors I guess......?

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/16/9744640/paris-beirut-media

Hubis
May 18, 2003

KennyMan666 posted:

So I made this, but it felt like kind of a lazy edit. So I didn't really feel like posting it, at first.

4/10

KennyMan666 posted:

Then I saw Rorus's latest and realized what I should have been making all along.

8/10 (fool-donkey isn't reading DBD)

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

It's surprising that an American cartoonist would use Dredd at all. Dredd isn't all that recognizable outside Britain.

:what:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Abyssal Squid posted:

Except "X awareness" charities are about directing money to a particular disease, which does in fact mean less money for research and treatment of other diseases. Also less money for basic research, which produces the discoveries that make new treatments and discoveries possible. Turns out that resources ARE limited, and directing them one way means less for everybody else!

Uhh, I'm pretty that the color pink has been clinically proven to eradicate breast cancer so I don't know what you're on about dude

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Klaus88 posted:

Make up your loving minds, either Black people are being too uppity or too passive.

No, you see they are being too uppity because they don't have REAL problems to deal with any more because racism is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: One of the most popular sales pitcheswitnessing tools is the Bridge to Life. You may have been "lucky" enough to heard and seen this in real life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzHgzVgVnQc

Nietzsche did it better

• Locked thread