Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

savinhill posted:

Anyone know when the Dr Strange & Mr Norrell series starts?

I read March when the first pictures of it where posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Vox is such a weird website, it really seems to be Todd VanDerWerff writes stuff 90% of the time.

Netflix is basically someone in the film/tv industry figuring out how not to implode like the music industry.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

CaptainHollywood posted:

Has Josh Duhamel always been second-tier Timothy Olyphant?

It took me half the trailer to realize it wasn't Timothy Olyphant.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Do people like Jane the Virgin, maybe I just didn't get it but it just didn't feel natural.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Manos del Sino posted:

I only gave Jane the Virgin a shot based on all the positive feedback it gets, and you know what? It's actually pretty decent. One of the best new shows to premier this season, by my standards.

It maintains a respectable level of humor which never gets as vulgar as the premise might suggest, and the cast is affable & attractive. Also, it's an hour long show that feels like a 30 minute comedy.

I've only watched the first episode and I'll watch the second to make sure, and while I find it very charming maybe the telenovela parts don't work for me.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Jane the Virgin get's much better in the second episode I just wish they would lose the narrator,

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ravane posted:

you've convinced me. it's time for a rewatch!

Why would you do that to yourself. If any show has ruined itself by the ending it BSG

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

Bro you are the most underrated worst opinions dude itt. Don't sleep on sbaldrick yall

I"m coming for you Irish Joe.

What's really sad is I loved BSG right to the last two episodes.

HIMYM is the grossest ending, not the worst one.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

raditts posted:

The narrative being that Ted is a humongous piece of poo poo?

A humongous piece of poo poo that likes to tell his kids about all the tail he use to get.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Wolf Hall starts tomorrow (or today if you feel like :filez:). If everyone ready for some history action.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Having watched this trailer, I can pretty much see why NBC passed on it, while you can make it work someplace where ratings don't matter as much. You can't on one of the big Four at the moment.

While I like the 100 a ton, I can understand why people don't. I look at it as maybe one of the best post-apocalyptic/dystonian futures ever put to film. Not a lot of tv and films are willing to go to the death of the human race level.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Sober posted:

So it looks like for the Supergirl CBS series, they cast Melissa Benoist (Glee) as Supergirl. Still super confused if the show is supposed to be Arrow/Flash continuity or not, since the crew behind it is, CBS/WB/CW trickery means crossovers are possible, I think the character description is at odds with it though, because Superman existing or not is up in the air in this show.

I would say this is going to suck but Grant Gustin is pretty good so go for it. I think John's wants it in the Arrow/Flash continuity while CBS wants to wait a season for that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

It's important to note from time to time that Supernatural superfans literally believe that Jared and Jensen are secret gay lovers irl, their wives are beards and Jensen's wife was once ejected from a con because a superfan lied to security and told them that his wife was actually a dangerous stalker.

I realize actors need work, but why are these two still doing a show with Superfans like this?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
8 seasons is a long loving tv show, lets me honest.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
You don't even see it on the awful app.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PriorMarcus posted:

So, the Onion video network or whatever it was called burned bright and fast didn't it?

They realized that they could never top Sex House and stopped.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
You should watch Davinics inquest which is a Canadian TV show about a medical examiner and CSI who later becomes the Mayor, which is the story of the guy the show is based on

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mu Zeta posted:

In the 100 the Earth is radioactive so when they go to Earth it plays the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

That's a weird moment from the show as it was part of the sizzle reel designed to sell the show for the pilot.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Come and watch our comedy about semi-incest that makes jokes about it.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/adam-brody-tv-show-billy-billie.html?mid=twitter_vulture

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

less laughter posted:

Arrested Development?

A little more active then Arrested Development.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'll take another improv show, the first was amazing. But do it with Showtime because holy hell the House of Lied improv looked and sounded about 100x better than Happy Endings'.

What improv show is this

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I watched this earlier and I honestly have no idea what was going on.

The Corman FF is better.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

hcreight posted:

Fun speculation time: I kind of wonder if CC has known Stewart was ready to step down for a while now, and whether they changed the name of Wilmore's show from The Minority Report to The Nightly Show because they're looking at Jessica Williams as the new TDS host.

Nah, just kidding, gonna be another white guy.

Given Stewart leaving dropped the company stock 350 million, I don't think they knew

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Fooz posted:

I've never seen more people suggest a woman to host a late night show as this daily show vacancy. Would you think a woman be a boon or a detriment to viewership to the program at this time? Are audience's preference for male hosts waning? I'm curious, not projecting one answer or the other.

I think a lot of it is looking around anywhere for the host they think would fit. If Oliver was available it wouldn't even be a conversation.

The weekend update group get brought up a lot because its a known quantity but I don't think any of them want the grind of it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
It's too bad Stephen Fry and Rowan Atkinson are to old as their style of comedy would be great for the Daily show. The intelligent comedy with that brutal meanness would be great.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My wife watched it, which means so did i. Chuck Lorie really hate Sheen according to the title card and the rest of the episode.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

weekly font posted:

Your daily reminder that Roseanne rules: When she wrestled back creative control of her show, Chuck Lorre was one of the first people she fired because he was a lazy, misogynist hack fraud who got assistants to do all the work and then took credit for it.

You mean Roseanne who openly made the last season of the show and refused fired him because he basically wanted to make the show what Mom is now after he got sober. I"m not saying he's remotely a good person but he's better then Roseanne.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I knew that didn't make sense, I shouldn't try to write things while people are annoying me at work on my break.

Basically the TV show Mom is what Lorre wanted to change Roseanne into, with Dan leaving her and dealing with the fall out from that.

While Lorre is well know as a huge jerk he seems to be better to work with then Roseanne especially after he got sober.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Sober posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

So that is a thing. It might be a little too GRITTY REBOOT for some people but I thought it was pretty cool, didn't overstay its welcome and all that.

Cyborg James Vander Beek makes it worth wild.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

IRQ posted:

I was about to say, how are we forgetting that? Versas are pretty lousy too.

I will fight on that generation of Versa being the single best small car sold in North America what with it's head room and all.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Watch the Honourable Woman if you want to enjoy Homeland in one season.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

xeria posted:

RIP Leonard Nimoy

part of you expects it, the rest is Noooooooooooo

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Kurtofan posted:

Early 80s isn't that old an age to die nowadays.

Your 80's is the frontier of medical science at this point. Any treatments have as good of chance of killing you as saving your life, if not killing you faster.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Cardboard Box A posted:

Yep and it's still really bad. I'm guessing no one is even bothering to make a hate watching thread for it?

I almost made a hatewatch thread for it but I"m lazy I it will mostly like sit on my PVR for a while.

Also if anyone wants to watch a good version of Homeland watch the Honourable Woman

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

EL BROMANCE posted:

Garfunkel and Oates has been cancelled. A shame, it was pretty funny in places I thought. IFC disappointing when it's come to their comedy renewals this year.

The show was never as good as the music videos and things so I'm kind of ok with this.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ariza posted:

They need something to fill the space between Simpsons reruns and It's Always Sunny, until they realize it's a failed experiment and merge them back into FX.

They are getting the best show on TV back soon in You're the Worst.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Bown posted:

You're the Worst needs to come back literally immediately

They start shooting next month I read last night.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

less laughter posted:

You can watch Catastrophe in the meantime, it's pretty similar.

This is also a great show, but a bit more adult then You're the Worst.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

Aya Cash was on Sirens' most recent episode basically playing her You're The Worst character and it was pretty great.

I haven't watch the episode bit Siren's is a super unrated TV show. Its pretty fun every episode but the attempt to create a story arc drags it down a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Irish Joe posted:

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. At the end of the day, its still an NBC sitcom, and they don't have the best track record as of late.

It's an NBC sitcom made my Tina Fey, I hold hope.

• Locked thread