Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Close enough to 2015.

Thread Rules.

1 - No Korra
2 - No Dr. Who
3 - Toxxupation is not allowed to post in this thread.
4 - And of course as always, kill Hitler.
5 - Here's the IRC link if you want it for some reason - http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net (direct link)
6 - Ravane is not allowed to post in this thread.
7 - SpiderHyphenMan is not allowed to post in this thread.

Deadpool posted:

In case anyone was wondering where the Adult Swin/Toonami thread was, the mod of the anime forum has requested it be moved there so I let him have it. If there are any non anime shows that were discussed in there you're free to make another thread for them. But any discussions involving the anime shows need to go there.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deadpool posted:

3 - Do not reply to Toxxupation

We're still on page one people. There's no excuse.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Top 10 thread is a thread for the Top 10. Not this thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Here is that chart you asked for !!

Going to be greatly disappointed in you if this doesn't work when quoted.

EDIT: For shame EvilTobaccoExec. Wasted effort and potential on your part.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sober posted:

Technically it does, but the bottom has to be zoomed full size.

Well that's his fault for leaving so much white space.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I used onlinecharttool.com and then mspaint

Well I can't argue with time tested methods such as those.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please see Rule 2 in the OP.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maybe we should see if we can get that video posted once on every page from here out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

Oh poo poo, the guy Dustin Diamond stabbed died and now he's getting charged with 2nd degree murder. Is this how Screech's tale ends?

I think you got tricked by someone.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

M...mods?

Not only will I allow it, I'll endorse it. Two out of three mods agree. Majority rule.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh hey, good on Amazon for canning The After. A show that went so dumb in the last few minutes that I continue to forget it exists until someone else brings it up. I'm not sure I've ever seen a pilot that I was sold on halfway through but then ended in a way that made me laugh so hard and immediately trashed any good thoughts I had about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lycus posted:

I searched "The After" because I never knew about it, and all I learned is that there was a guy walking around in a clown costume in it.

That guy is Jamie Kennedy and is awful in it. But somehow not even close to the awful of Arielle Kebbel who is on a completely different level of awful that I had thought was previously reserved for "friends of the producer" type actors. That accent she used made me want to stab my ears.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

That Irish guy was hilariously Irish though.... although i think he probably didn't quite say "gently caress" enough

The whole thing was full of really questionable head scratching stuff like that. For instance hiring a not so great french actress with a really thick accent as the lead and then spend the entire first part of the episode focusing on her character as a bad french actress with a really thick accent that can't get any leading roles. Seemed really odd to start off on that foot. I mean she wasn't nearly as bad as the character was but it was kind of like, why draw attention to this at all?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I cannot believe that this show is actually happening and isn't just some internet wide Onion joke.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/john-travolta-joins-american-crime-story-people-v-oj-simpson-20150107

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Eezee posted:

Just saw the trailer for Vince Gilligan's new show and I don't think it could be more generic if it tried. I hope it's just a lovely trailer, but I really expected that he would do something original. I doubt he had a shortage of job offers after Breaking Bad ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esEjX02m4I

Hard pass on that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Ugh NCIS: NO, Madam Secretary and Scorpion all get second seasons.

It's not like CBS would produce anything better to take the space so why care?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mo0 posted:

Hey now.

That's unfair to Arby's.

I was about to say the reverse.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Senerio posted:

Happy New Year, Avatar nerds, I made a thread in ADTRW for Americanime, like Avatar. Beef Waifu approved!

FYI, this means you can talk about it all you want as long as you do it over there and not here. I'm glad it found a home somewhere else that's not here. Let us never speak of it again!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm going to start probating people for breaking rule three in this thread.

Also, in order to not probate people for rule three in this thread don't post here anymore Toxxupation.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sober posted:

He was the guy in Robin Hood, the sheriff's right hand man. What's his name, Guy of Guiseborne or however it's spelled.

Well, high quality pick up indeed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hi, Amazon Pilot Season 2015 kicked off the first round today. Go watch and vote and talk about it here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's Thomas Jane looking goofy as hell in space. If you're into that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5gXIQmY-E

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

we need some straight up space sci fi on TV real bad.

Do we really?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sophia posted:

The one thing I know about BSG is that the less you care about the science fiction aspects of it the more you will enjoy it. Which is why I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Yeah, the show could have been set on a farm or a boat and I would've enjoyed it just the same. I'm not really a fan of space shows and the setting really had little to do with why I enjoyed it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I hear that Fly is an episode of the American series Breaking Bad that aired on AMC.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

I really enjoyed The Man in the High Castle pilot. Not a fan of how Amazon does a bunch of pilots first. I rather they just commit to a show from the start like Netflix so we have more to watch. The tone of the show feels the same as The Americans. Even the music is identical. I'm all for more spy shows like this.

That's the way every network does it. Only with Amazon you actually get to be in on the decision making.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Irish Joe please expound on what black people things are, at length.

No. Do not do this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So is it more serious talk or is it just more of "Make the news funny" like Stewart, Colbert, and Oliver? Because I've been pretty well burnt out on the latter for a good while. I guess it being on Comedy Central and being hosted by a comedian answers the question for me. But maybe not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ravane if your posts were actually funny and entertaining it would be fine but they're more like the dad jokes of trolling. They're just kind of embarrassing. Don't post in this thread for a month or so and instead work on some decent material.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Has any Showtime show not poo poo the bed after 1 season?

Shameless has gotten better every season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

not quite, last season was ultra depressing and nowhere near as funny.

But it was better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sleepy Hollow has made three mistakes this year that has caused it to move from must see to will watch later. The first is downsizing Orlando Jones' role. The second is seemingly wrapping up a big part of the ongoing story too quickly. The third and biggest mistake is increasing Katia Winter's role. She should just be removed from the show altogether. The one good change up is adding Matt Barr because he's great and his character is a lot of fun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Seven seasons seems to be the ultimate limit for a TV show to remain good. Are there any shows that have turned in their best seasons in 8+?

24 just had its best season, though the format change and time off probably helped a lot there. Supernatural's 8th season was probably tied with the 5th as the best in my opinion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you want to talk about SHIELD take it to the SHIELD thread. Unless you want to talk about how your taste is better than everyone else's. If you want to talk about that find a different forum because that poo poo is getting old. If you want to talk about why you do or don't like a show go for it. But knock off the useless arguments over taste. Nobody cares and all it does is cause pages and pages of worthless posts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"Why aren't the making the show I want them to make?!?!?"

As a comic book reader this is why I generally hate other comic book readers. Congrats on having the whiniest nerd rant I've read in a while though I guess.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 1, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GMArcturus posted:

So you are fine with them making completely unnecessary changes to the characters just because they can? You don't find that the least bit stupid? I don't care if they make some changes but good lord if they are making this many changes then why bother calling it Supergirl? Why not just create a new heroine and give her this backstory? This is going be the stupidest DC series yet and none of you so-called fans can see it.

This is a gimmick post right? The last line tipped me off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Davros1 posted:

In The Walking Dead, did Zombies exist as a form of fiction, as in, Night of the Living Dead was a movie everyone would have seen?

No, many zombie stories take place in a world with no zombie fiction. It's just one of the usual things done in that genre.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maybe we can end the whole "Comedy News" thing now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

I strongly disagree with your opinion. Based on your apparent dislike of The Daily Show and Colbert, I assert that you, in fact, enjoy copious quantities of anime. In fact, you may even enjoy animated programming concerning smaller than average equines.

Oh no! I've been falsely accused of liking terrible things by a notable fan of those very same terrible things! What ever shall I do? Oh wait, it's just IRQ being IRQ. Carry on everybody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Hold on there, I hate anime and have never wavered on that position. On a completely unrelated note, Korra is not anime.

Other accusations I would have to get back to you on...

But how dare you assault Jon Stewart's fake news? If not for him, how would anyone get news? CNN? That's even more fake!

Everyone knows you're the Larry Craig of hating anime. :ssh:

• Locked thread