Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Petition to tell everyone to watch the worlds least likely but MOST AMAZING a chemistry between Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper on CNN right now.

She just dyed his hair red white and blue. And told him if he hated it he hates America.

It's the best, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

What kind of sad person continues to post on message boards beyond their early 20s?

I feel like if I'd been born 5 years later I'd post on twitter about as much as I do message boards now

As it stands I can't loving understand twitter, and I've tried multiple times to get the appeal

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
The Prisoner had a glorious mindfuck of an ending.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I could... I could actually see him pulling that off.

It's on Nat Geo, so it will get about 30 viewers, but I can see that being an actually good show.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

raditts posted:

I'm just waiting for CSI: Superhuman Syber Squad or whatever they're calling the spinoff that had that hilariously bad backdoor pilot a year or two ago.

Agents of SHIELD?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Toxxupation posted:

That was CSI: Cyber and it was cancelled

Nope, but we sure as heck wish it was

Look at that fuckin' cast list, Patricia Arquette, James Van Der Beek, and Peter MacNicol all deserve better

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

raditts posted:

I don't wish it was, it's our only hope for a scene dumber than NCIS's infamous "2 Idiots 1 Keyboard".

It has to at least beat the bar its late sister show CSI:NY set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Hey now.

That's unfair to Arby's.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Deadpool posted:

I was about to say the reverse.

Look, man, curly fries are the best.

Their sandwiches suck out loud, though.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

That's apparently not a new thing. It happened last year, only to reverse direction right before the deadline would've hit. The BBC seems to be kind of dicks about licensing.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe it's licensed to BBC America for the U.S.? Happens with a few shows. (I don't have NF so can't check).

Actually, it's DirecTV exclusive in the US.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DoctorWhat posted:

It's more like that now than it's ever been before.

Would you listen to a pokemon radio drama?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm actually curious.

DrVenkman posted:

I'd always heard mixed things. I'd heard there was a plan but with Anderson getting pregnant it forced their hand. Other times I'd heard that Carter basically had stuff planned up until the movie, but after that he floundered and they basically just made poo poo up. I just can't really get that excited about seeing The X-Files again, outside of seeing Duchovny and Anderson working together. That last movie was dreadful and the show hit the world in a very particular time and place, a time that's basically gone now.

I really want to watch the episode of X-Files where it turns out Mulder was Satoshi all along.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
*adopts TV Tropes voice* Actually, every show premiere named "Pilot" is Hanging a Lampshade on the practice that Episode Titles Aren't On Screen. Here are five examples of how My Little Pony did this in its various incarnations:

Aphrodite posted:

Plus given Amazon's track record here this might be all you get to see of the interesting ones.

For the love of god please don't tell me you're including The After in this because that show was garbage and is the main reason why I'm the opposite of excited for Chris Carter's apparent desire to do more X-Files.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Jesus Christ why did I take so long to watch Fargo. Guys how is this show so good. Seriously. Only 3 episodes in and I'm just floored by everything about it.

If nothing else, it feels like the anti-Breaking Bad so far because its main villain guy is such an irredeemable prick that you can't support at all and yet he's just so goddamn charismatic.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 20, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Mu Zeta posted:

Are you talking about Martin Freeman or Billy Bob? I didn't think either of them were all that charismatic.

Yeah, I think Malvo is... I dunno, maybe magnetic is the right word? It's not like I *like* him, but I *appreciate* him. I'm finding it hard to describe.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I don't care how many places people find where they cheated and didn't actually do it in one shot, that is a tense as poo poo scene. I *love* long tracking shots like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ditPebZ8g

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

pentyne posted:

Everything single Homeland season 4 episode requires you to remember that

a) Carrie is extremely bipolar
b) Carrie hid said condition from the CIA for years, got caught, and underwent electroshock treatment
c) Carrie slept with a major terrorist suspect
d) Said terror suspect then blew up the CIA HQ according to common knowledge
e) Carrie risked multiple ops to the point where an agent (Quinn) shot her to stop her from blowing an op
f) Carrie is now in charge of a major CIA station, and a-e did not effect her rise to power in any way

Then watch as Carrie makes terrible decision after terrible decision and somehow the show still expects you to route for her/support her when she's a colossal mess who fucks up constantly.

Homeland fans will keep insisting "No you don't understand, its all about the slow burn you plebs" but in reality the show is a jumbled mess with a brilliant episode here and there that does nothing to diminish how moronic the show is in the other times.

I've taken to treating that show like Glee, where I pretend Homeland ended with Brody detonating at the end of Season One and there are no episodes after that.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Cardboard Box A posted:

King of the Hill

How does anyone still have forums cancer?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

J-Spot posted:

Has a post Super Bowl slot ever had a significant impact on an existing show's regular ratings? I can't think of any in recent memory.

Didn't Brooklyn Nine-Nine enjoy a good boost after its Super Bowl win? Or was that more attributable to its Golden Globe win?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

IRQ posted:

I've liked what I've seen of his show, I just really can't make the time for late night talk shows and their signal to noise ratio.

Anyone curious about why Dustin Diamond wasn't there should watch his hilariously bitter documentary about how everyone else was dicks and he hosed 10000 girls and and and

Meanwhile, if you were curious about Lark Voorhies not being there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AobTzmW5sRw

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Now, at, cross, are, the, bearing, root, of, handsomely, tied, followings, gained, to, the, instill, of, reap. Sheatherened, callows, of, date, and, morost, that, so, charge, the, all, too, probable, applique, awenst, the, carolous, sweep, aprost, the, known, terrain, of, harmonous, journalings.

Lark Voorhies Teaches Typing

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DivisionPost posted:

Well, Damages itself was kind of a bad hand played well, where the actors would elevate some absurd melodramatic material in order to make it work. Not that I'm complaining, mind: though I haven't watched much past the second season, I loved the game they were playing, and watching the likes of Glenn Close play it made the whole package sweeter. But that doesn't change the fact that the actual content is shaky, and there are people who just won't buy in because of it.

It also doesn't help that the cover of "Nothing Else Matters" they used was just weak, and that dragged down the trailer as a whole. I may make fun of Walking Dead thread posters for being terrible at watching TV, but they totally get to make fun of me for thumbing through Spotify, trying to Monday Morning Quarterback a better song.

Challenge mode: Find a better song for the opening montage in Better Call Saul last night.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

thrawn527 posted:

Well sure, same deal with the Corman Fantastic 4, only this aired. It's just amazing to me that sneaking something like under the radar is allowed and still counts.

Based on the quotes out of the Jordan camp, sounds like we're about to find out whether or not it does.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
To be fair to Lyman, I think season 2 being bad is about as close to agreement as you can find. Individually it's fine, but the season draaaaaaaaaaags on in one setting for way longer than it should, which I think would be somewhat nullified by watching it all at once. Week in and week out that season was *frustrating* to watch.

Hell, that whole show is frustrating, it's like Glee on a mood stabilizer. Can be fantastic when it wants but veers into boring at random.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Dinner with Family with Brett Gelman and Brett Gelman's Family is Fucked Up.

I don't even know how to feel about it; it's just so singularly loving bizarre that it defies description, and I can't help but admire it for that.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 14, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Doing it with a hockey game lets you skip past all the little delays for icing, penalties, etc., and keeps the game pace up. The "Well we're already in the second half" thing doesn't really kick in as long as you avoid spoilers (relatively easy) and just pretend you're watching a really really speedy live game.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

precision posted:

You mean the only season. :colbert:

Just chop off the last 5 minutes of the last episode and read the One True Ending somewhere and it's the greatest show ever.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Slamhound posted:

What would babies need with an online shopping network?

The E*Trade baby's gotta spend all that ad cash somewhere, man.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Also, I'm not floored they passed on it. It simply doesn't fit with the rest of what they're trying to do right now, and they can't afford a show with inevitable niche appeal when their ratings are a dumpster fire as is. There's a reason their comedy block has been melting over the past few years in favor of 500 Chicago ______ shows and The Voice 9 months out of the year.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

Netflix automatically skipped the intros when I was watching Person of Interest and The 100 using a Smart TV

Two questions:

1) This is a thing?

2) Why in the name of gently caress would you do that? :mad:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Yes you do it's part of the goddamn show and I don't care who tells me otherwise it's important.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
The only opening I've ever been compelled to skip was the Homeland opening because whoever thought acid jazz made a good soundtrack for a opening is really stupid.

Other than that, though, I don't know any of you people anymore. TV show openings are an art form unto themselves. :(

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Dexter's opening was worlds better than the show was for the entire run of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8-Rqo-VT4

I can understand skipping them during a binge watch, to be fair, but when I'm watching a show week to week it's fun to have the opening. It's the consistent part that says "Hey, <show> is on now!"

Also I just watched the OITNB opening and yeah that's a good song mixed with really monotonous visuals, that's a shame :(

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

YOU'RE THE SMARTEST AND THE DUMBEST FUCKIN' PERSON I'VE EVER KNOWN

I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH PART YOU ARE OBJECTING TO, THIS IS CONFUSING

IRQ posted:

This is profoundly strange to me. I mean, the Psych intro, sure, that's great, but most of them are hot garbage. There's a reason a ton of shows have cut them to a handful of seconds.

It's already been covered that they were mostly discarded because you can fit more ads in, but I've always felt like they're a quick representative slice of the show! It even applies to generic sitcoms, you know what you're getting if it's a bunch of still photos of actors being wacky!

I'll back off my exaggerated rhetoric about everyone needing to watch them but nobody's gonna convince me to stop. :colbert:

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 8, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Can someone explain for the slow kids what the joke is here?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

lelandjs posted:

Steven Universe has surpassed Gravity Falls this week for favorite animated show currently airing, and Gravity Falls had a fantastic mid season finale.

If you watched the first few episodes of SU and found it to be too childish, give it another try.

Steven Universe is the one that out of nowhere had some sort of trans allegory, right?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
As if someone heard me sitting around impotently shaking my fist about TV show openings a while ago, here comes:

CBS 2015 Fall Lineup.mp4

For real I think that's Kristen Wiig at 2:30, which makes the choice of her subtitle extra hilarious.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 21, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm willing to give that a pass since they specifically posted it to Vimeo to begin with.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Oh my god they're doing Charmed again!!!!! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
This thread had better remain the Night Court thread forever.

Roz supremacy. :colbert:

• Locked thread