Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Cakefool posted:

Hang on while I pull a handbrake turn in this loving 45000t battleship :black101::black101::black101::black101::black101:

There are times when movies pull things like that and a voice in my head scream about how that wouldn't be possible.

That wasn't one of those times because it was too awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

My dad got his details cloned and the guy bought a bunch of travel tickets.
When he asked the police if they were going to arrest the guy they told him it happened to frequently to be worth investigating, even though they knew exactly when and where the thief was going to be.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

It was a while back and it was only his card details that were stolen which meant the person used their original name and details to actually book the tickets.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

some texas redneck posted:

I did an oopsie at work.

That's... about 3 or 4 gallons of freshly made pizza sauce. Tried to hold the bucket while opening the cooler door. I got the door open.

Thank gently caress the owner had taken the GM to lunch. The GM thought it was funny, the owner would have ripped me a new rear end in a top hat if he'd been there.

The owner's nephew was the one helping me clean it up though.. and had made that batch of sauce.

In 15 years (off and on) of this poo poo, I've NEVER dropped sauce. Ever. Ever. Ever. The one time I do, it's half a batch of fresh made sauce that took 30 minutes of labor to make (plus the mixer doing its mixing magic). I've dropped drat near everything else, but never sauce.

That took nearly an hour to clean up, between literally shoveling the sauce into a bucket, wiping down all of the walls (.. and shoes.. and pants.. and shelves), wiping down the cooler door, and mopping a million times to get it all up. And that's with 3 of us cleaning.

:cripes:

Thankfully, I'm not the first to have done this, judging by similar stains on the inside of the cooler door. But it got me kicked up a bit on the shitlist.

Just rinse it a bit and it is good to go :v:

88h88 posted:

Man that's a lot of pizza sauce...!

If you ever get the chance, ask them to make you up a pizza with Jamaican jerk chicken bbq sauce instead. Mozarella over the top and a topping or two. So good. Also maybe try sweet chilli sauce and cheddar. I make pizzas on occasion and those two combos get raved about. So goooooood.

Asda does a really nice BBQ pizza sauce in a jar and it is cheap too.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

Bruv. REGGAE REGGAE is the one. Trust. The oven does magical things to it and it taste amazing. I make the dough from scratch, let it cold rise in the fridge for a few days and it ferments and tastes realllll good. Boozy pizza.

Just the regular BBQ table sauce?
I love that stuff but haven't considered using it as a pizza base

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

No more drag racing in Russia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30735673

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

Yup, just the normal glass bottle stuff. We never considered it either until we were making pizza one day and someone asked if we had any sauce handy for dipping. I had some reggae because I love throwing that poo poo all over chicken so we dipped aaaaaaaaaand it was amazing. So brains whirred and we tried a 50/50 blend of regular pizza sauce and reggae. Pretty good. Brains then suggested "maybe just the reggae?" and something beautiful was born. About 6 months later Dominos released reggae pizza and they were terrible, mainly because Dominos dough tastes like cardboard and they overuse corn flour but the sauce tasted like some watered down poo poo.

So that's the tale of how I became an addict and how I make better pizza than a pizza giant.

Picked up a pizza base and the hot version of the Reggie reggie sauce. Loaded with prawns, ham, some sort of polish sausage, olives and chilli cheese.
Let's hope it works out well

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88H88 thank you

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

DIY fuse tester schematic :v:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Saw what I think was an Aston Martin on the way home, can anyone help identify it?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Wow they are really ugly, didn't see it from the front.

Thought maybe Aston was trying a Cygnet type thing again.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

IOwnCalculus posted:

Nah, the purchasing system has next to fuckall to do with the forums, and mods have no access to it. It would basically take Lowtax sifting through purchase histories to try and figure out who.

It's amusing that SA is partially funded by anger and hatred.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

Some people think I'm strange because I don't have a TV or a landline phone. Why bother? I can watch anything I want online, and for years I've just used my mobile anyway.

I wish I could do that but Virgin doesn't let you have broadband without a landline. It ended up being cheaper to get that and a basic TV package.

For a long while the TV box was left unplugged because live TV is utter shite.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

UK goons, car tax comedy!

I'm buying a parts car, which currently has tax on it. Of course, per the new rules, this tax ends when I buy it, so I have to tax it myself to drive it home. The act of using my new keeper supplement as reference for taxing it will tell them it's a new keeper, so let's you tax a car that is technically already taxed.

Now, I could also just declare SORN the instant I buy it, thus also ending the tax, and again, everyone's happy.

But if I take the car, drive it home (appearing legal to any ANPRS shenanigans, as the car is still showing as taxed on the books), then SORN it, I've technically broken the law, but how would they know?. There is absolutely no facility for them to see the time of day I bought the car, and if it's on my drive at 5pm, there is no way for them to tell whether it got there under the PO's stewardship (legal) or my own (illegal).

I asked the DVLA this. They didn't that much. The monotone "that would be your choice, sir" (i.e. "Bugger off you bloody munchkin rules lawyer") response indicated they'd had this one before.

Now, it's not worth even the minimal risk to me for the sake of a net cost of about £12, but it's a loving stupid system.

Why not just make it so the current month will run its course on purchase? (Yes, I know, because they make more money this way, but ughh).

Sounds like the issue is driving without taxing it so the obvious solution is to ghost ride it all the way home.

Won't you have the same deal with insuring it?
If you are planning on tearing it into parts then it doesn't seem worth insuring but you can't drive it home without insurance.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

:eng101:

Actually, "Gypsy" is itself technically an ethnic slur, as it references the mistaken assumption of Egyptian heritage with regard to Romani. It's really only long-term usage of the word that has kept it as acceptable.

Somewhat ironically, "pikey", although taken by many to be an ethnic slur, has no basis whatsoever in ethnicity, it has its root in the term"pike" in reference to a toll road, being a term to refer to travellers/itinerants.

There are an awful lot of people who think that "pikey" is racist and "gypsy" is the correct/polite term, when this isn't actually the case, etymologically speaking.

Caravan Utilising Nomadic TravellerS

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Mr Brain's pork faggots are a thing of beauty

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Uploaded a little dashcam footage of the imfamous local ringroad from the other day.
Can you see why it is horrible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjy2kmO7_E

Apologies for the dirty windshield

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

You'll never get a good lap time driving like that.

I'm just getting a feel for the land before the main event

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29755551

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

KKKLIP ART posted:

Small secured credit card, charge a tank of gas on it each month, pay it all off when you get the statement

That's exactly what I've been doing since I was old enough to have a credit card and it has helped build my credit score up.
I've set my credit card to direct debit the full payment automatically so I don't have to worry about paying it off either.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Found out my dashcam does go into emergency recording mode during heavy braking as advertised.

Small child attempted to get peugot stamped on its face by walking out in front of me without looking.
Fortunately I had seen the kid not paying attention a long way in advance and had my foot over the brake already but it was still a heart in the mouth moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I was thinking how awesome a shooting brake version of the 2013 volvo V40 would probably look and found they beat me to it last year.

http://www.netcarshow.com/volvo/2014-estate_concept/08.htm

It's probably been talked about on here before it drat if it isn't a nice car.

• Locked thread