Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

Invites to buy a phone is ridiculous.

Never settle! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Got to bed at 3am, missed my alarm at 530 and woke up at 630

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Booze is so loving cheap in Indiana, you guys have no idea. I can get a gallon of premium rum for under $20 almost anywhere these days. And if you're okay with lovely rum like Calico Jack it can be had for like $11. ELEVEN loving dollars for a GALLON of rum. Vodka tends to run even cheaper. I got two pints of election themed whiskey for $4 each a while back as well.

That's insane, the other day I bought some tequilla and I think the cheapest fifth of 100% agave tequila at the grocery store was 17 bucks after all taxes. there are some non-100% brands for less but really, gently caress those brands.

I vastly prefer beer at this point anyway.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

I get the feeling I am unwelcome in the VW/Audi question thread. Everytime I post a question, it never gets answered.

.....am I a pariah? :ohdear:

I really wanted to have an answer for you because my 1990 audi 80 was my first real car and I replaced the headlight on it about 15 years ago, but I couldn't remember how it was done.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

HotCanadianChick posted:

We have several Cinetopias around here. Plush recliners and couches, ottomans to prop your feet on, a good restaurant that delivers your meal to your theater seat, extensive wine and beer menu, and you can even reserve private showings for you and your friends to have a whole theater to yourselves. It'a great.

which location is the best? i think i'll have to try this next time i'm in pdx for a weekend

Darchangel posted:

A TV license has always struck me as one of the more weird things ever, though I have to admit that it apparently funds better TV shows.

But did you know the UK government had special police vans to drive around and enforce licenses?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence#mediaviewer/File:BLW_TV_Detector_Van.jpg

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 17, 2015

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress thieves

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I have no loving idea anymore. The father of that boy was dating a friend of mine's sister last year. Its like I end up connected to every tragedy in this state somehow.

why are they recording the father's reaction? what a horrible thing to play out for him in front of a camera

Also, I'm guessing that father wont win dad of the year considering that he had not seen his son in months.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

keykey posted:

#54: Kitchen Gadgets - http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/05/54-kitchen-gadgets/

Sous vide is that to the next level of buying unnecessary poo poo just to say,"Yup, that's a pretty good steak."

good thing you can do it for free, with a beer cooler and hot water

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/04/cook-your-meat-in-a-beer-cooler-the-worlds-best-sous-vide-hack.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

:suicide:

It still amazes me that people pay 5-7 bucks for burnt to gently caress shitbux coffee (or even worse, Tully's).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

If I posted every instant of blatant racism I heard everyday I wouldn't have time to do anything else at work

The highlight of this week being MLK day and all was my coworkers naming off other black activists to assassinate so we can get the rest of the week off

Jesus fuckin Christ man

Come out to the coast, you'll fit in here

Seriously, come work at the lazy B, we squeeze our suppliers and reap the benefits with high wages and great benefits

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ugh, what did you just do to me

That Honda kei car is awesome

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
60* and sunny in Seattle today, I don't even know how that is possible but the wife and I dumped Baby Ulysses at grandma's and now we're having liters of German beer :feelsgood:

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 26, 2015

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well a good craft beer from the grocery store is going to be at least a buck and a quarter, and 1 beer a day is 365 beers a year, which isn't that many beers in a whole year. And that doesn't account for beers drank in restaurants or bars

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

if you eat quinoa you're driving the price of it up so high that poor people in south america can't afford to buy it anymore and can't make traditional dishes as a result

quit being loving hipsters

Or you can just buy some that's grown here

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think if we hadn't had Baby Ulysses 3 weeks early (was due early jan) I would be on the hook to pay 3-4k but I think we might even get a bit of money back, which is great cause we paid off the defaulted student loan and the treasury won't steal our return like they did the past 2 years.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

Mortgage interest is tax deductible, yes. It's not huge since it just reduces your taxable income (as opposed to a tax credit that actually reduces your taxes) and only comes into play if you itemize deductions... but you'd have to have a drat small mortgage bill to still come out ahead by not itemizing.

It's really only beneficial to people who have obscene loans, 500k and up because you can write off 25k in interest every year on the first few years of a 500k loan. The 100B annually we spend (keeping this as a tax break) overwhelmingly goes to people with 800k and up homes (this is so loving stupid). There should be a cap at 25k for interest deductions.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
that's odd because you can share it with 4 other people

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Still, what a poo poo thing to do.

Speaking of which, why on earth do people on Craigslist expect me to deliver a video card an hour (round trip) for a measly 40 bucks? :getout:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Extra posted:

Why on earth would you sell something that small on Craigslist? Craigslist is a website dedicated to people who do not equate time and labor to money.

e: Oh and thieves and other people with illegal sources of income.

Cause as bad as it is, it's better than eBay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yesterday, I was working out in the garage and thought I got a few whiffs of natural gas, so I called the energy company.

Guy shows up, checks the meter and can't find anything leaking. I had him check the furnace (in garage) and he found that the burner unit is toast so it wasn't combusting properly.

Says it's not safe, caps the gas line and here we are, freezing our asses off now.

• Locked thread